Author Topic: Is there a more overrated band than Fleetwood Mac?  (Read 3154 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Is there a more overrated band than Fleetwood Mac?
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
My vote would be KISS. They have a few good songs. They aren't Pink Floyd or anything...

Excellent choice - they were lucky and present in the right era... total shame they blew up and were allowed to torture rock fans without mercy.

I do not like the Beatles but their songs seem well written with great singing. Their only downside was that they had a kind of "music for minors" stigma attached to them.

AC/DC have produced too many great songs to be overrrated - their Highway To Hell record alone is good enough to place them among the greatest ever. They also had one of the most roarring sounds of all time - the fully loaded Marshalls over humongous PA systems were earth shattering. (One can flush them down the toilet from the mid 90ies onwards though.)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »
Never liked Kiss.

One weird one for me lately - Van Halen.

Always liked them, but now when I hear them, all the stupid talking in the middle of the song and that David Lee Roth squeal 50x makes it kind of shitty.

Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 11:43:57 AM »
Oasis...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
I liked KISS when I was 5 years old and they were wearing the makeup and had that terrible super hero movie. ::)

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »
KISS is definately the most overrated band.  They are all looks and terrible music ...