Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 502544 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Coronovirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
Are you really comparing an economic slump to a virus that could wipe out a large amount of the population?also 512 people died in mass shootings last year in the usa....out of 327 million people.About the same odds getting shot and killed in a mass shooting as getting hit by lightning.

Yup. Watch the news.  Horror all around.

You said the economy will collapse and that the West is acting like we are immune. I’m only commenting on your nonsensical statements.

You’re terrified that the elderly and smokers dying will collapse the economy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
it wont be....its a flu virus, nothing more.....

I still have no idea why so many people buy into this fear mongering that keeps happening every few years, remember when HIV was going to wipe out the entire planet?

I remember how feared and misunderstood HIV was. People, including medical professionals thought is much easier to contact then it actually was (hepatitis is far easier to get because it has a much longer lifespan outside a host). I remember a co-worker saying in all seriousness, that all gay people should be rounded up and put in isolated camps. Not because he disliked gay people. Because he was afraid of catching HIV.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2020, 06:01:11 PM »
This is not like the flu! The seasonal flu does not get China to quarantine 700 million people, this is most likely an escaped bioweapon and if you just shrug it off and ignore it don’t be surprised when you’re struggling to survive. You were warned. Coincidentally, Bill Gates recently held a war game type scenario where a coronavirus kills 65 million people. That was back in October, look it up it was called Event 201.

What information that China releases do we trust?  Could 700 million really be 1 BILLION? What else are they hiding?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2020, 06:03:46 PM »
Just wash your hands

-Best defense there is with the exception of airborne diseases which the Coronavirus is.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »
What do you envision those benefits being?

Ask gibs. I don't like to make forecasts and predictions when it involves money. But it's really not too hard to workout what to do if you think the economy is gonna tank.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »
People's reactions and denial of this have been very interesting to watch.My personal theory is that most people in the west are so narcissistic, and feel so safe and invincible, that this shit scares them to the very core that they could be wiped out or the economy of their country collapse within a year.It was always something poor Africans had to deal with, and now it's knocking at their door they can't cope.

You could be very right about this. Denial is the way to go until you catch it.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2020, 06:08:03 PM »
Yup. Watch the news.  Horror all around.

You said the economy will collapse and that the West is acting like we are immune. I’m only commenting on your nonsensical statements.

You’re terrified that the elderly and smokers dying will collapse the economy.

What do you think will happens when the hospitals fill up?When people start rioting because their parents and dying and there are no more beds?When a 3rd of the workforce are not working as they are quarantined?When the stores have no food because it's all seen to be contaminated?When the stock market has collapsed in panic?When 50% of the doctors are ill and there are 10x the amount of patients they are used to?When banks start collapsing?When the police are so stretched thin that every Hebrew starts looting and robbing?When there is no school for the kids as it's too risky to be infected?When nobody attends NBA,NFL,NHL games and they can't afford to keep playing just for TV?When nobody is attending college?Nobody is picking up your garbage, delivering your mail.etc etc etc

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
What do you think will happens when the hospitals fill up?When people start rioting because their parents and dying and there are no more beds?When a 3rd of the workforce are not working as they are quarantined?When the stores have no food because it's all seen to be contaminated?When the stock market has collapsed in panic?When 50% of the doctors are ill and there are 10x the amount of patients they are used to?When banks start collapsing?When the police are so stretched thin that every Hebrew starts looting and robbing?When there is no school for the kids as it's too risky to be infected?When nobody attends NBA,NFL,NHL games and they can't afford to keep playing just for TV?When nobody is attending college?Nobody is picking up your garbage, delivering your mail.etc etc etc

50% of doctors? Where are you pulling this stuff out off?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »
50% of doctors? Where are you pulling this stuff out off?

Make it 10% if you want, it really won't matter with the amount of work they will have on their hands.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2020, 06:20:07 PM »
Plenty of other things out there that can kill me too. I'll minimize risk in areas I have control over and get on with things. I'm definitely not gonna lose any sleep over it though.

I think you missed my point. You said, 'Yes that's true and I'll grieve, but then I'll get over it." As if to say, you getting the virus is unthinkable although you acknowledge other people might not only get it they may die from it.  

It's pretty clear you aren't worried. At this point, neither am I. Anyway, lack of sleep, lowers one's immune system. What things do you think you'll do to minimize your risk?  

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »

What do you think will happens when the hospitals fill up?When people start rioting because their parents and dying and there are no more beds?When a 3rd of the workforce are not working as they are quarantined?When the stores have no food because it's all seen to be contaminated?When the stock market has collapsed in panic?When 50% of the doctors are ill and there are 10x the amount of patients they are used to?When banks start collapsing?When the police are so stretched thin that every Hebrew starts looting and robbing?When there is no school for the kids as it's too risky to be infected?When nobody attends NBA,NFL,NHL games and they can't afford to keep playing just for TV?When nobody is attending college?etc etc etc

The horror!

Do you live in the real world? Do you have a job?  Do you interact with people on a daily basis?

You’ve obviously never been to America. You don’t realize what Americans will do and how far they will push their self.

The NFL, NBA, MLB and every other sports league could shut down tomorrow and people will find something else to do and spend their time and money on.

I can’t comment on half your nonsense. You act like the walking dead is real life. Or maybe this is divine intervention and this is the book of revelation coming to fruition, in which case you should be scared.

You’re a strange dude.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2020, 06:23:30 PM »
I think you missed my point. You said, 'Yes that's true and I'll grieve, but then I'll get over it." As if to say, you getting the virus is unthinkable although you acknowledge other people might not only get it they may die from it.  

It's pretty clear you aren't worried. At this point, neither am I. Anyway, lack of sleep, lowers one's immune system. What things do you think you'll do to minimize your risk?  

Absolute number 1 thing you should do, and do it now before they sell out in the next 2 weeks, is buy a pulse oximeter that measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.Clearest way to tell you have the coronovirus is that your blood oxygen level drops below 90%.97-100% is normal.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »
Ask gibs. I don't like to make forecasts and predictions when it involves money. But it's really not too hard to workout what to do if you think the economy is gonna tank.

Unfortunately, the world economy is built on expansion, including expanding populations. If the population were to be greatly reduced, they would be a negative financial impact. There would be an abundance of product and few people to buy it which would tank its value.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »
Make it 10% if you want, it really won't matter with the amount of work they will have on their hands.

You're talking about people in the west are so narcissistic, and people not being able to cope. You're actually giving us a great example of this in this very thread.

People die regardless, this virus might just cut short some peoples time here by a decade or so. But this isn't a plague and humans aren't going go extinct cos of it.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
Kobe Bryant got out just in time.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2020, 06:31:34 PM »
Absolute number 1 thing you should do, and do it now before they sell out in the next 2 weeks, is buy a pulse oximeter that measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.Clearest way to tell you have the coronovirus is that your blood oxygen level drops below 90%.97-100% is normal.

Lucky me, I have one of those. I use it daily. My blood oxygen level is consistently in the high 90's. I also take my blood pressure daily. rarely exceeds 120/80 and is usually 5 to 10 points lower. My pulse is generally in the low 60's and my heartbeat reads a regular 99% of the time, (which isn't bad since I have AFib).

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2020, 06:32:27 PM »

I was responding to a post where Army suggested I was be safe, but certain family members wouldn't be. Which in turn was a response to a post on people who might die.

So my response was based on a vulnerable family member dying.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »
You're talking about people in the west are so narcissistic, and people not being able to cope. You're actually giving us a great example of this in this very thread.

People die regardless, this virus might just cut short some peoples time here by a decade or so. But this isn't a plague and humans aren't going go extinct cos of it.

Yes the west can’t cope with the unknown.  

What was the last natural disaster to hit Europe? A hurricane, earthquake, wildfire?

The rest of the world has it figured out. Post on getbig and buy a pulse oximeter.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

I'm coping fine, I'm open to talking about it, and accepting where it might lead.Denial and narcissism is "I'm American, it won't hurt me" and "it only happens to weak Asians and Africans".if I was narcissistic I wouldn't be accepting my mortality ,id be thinking I was superior and be in denial that it could affect me, like half the posters In this thread.Its a bodybuilding board full of men who started lifting to be admired, it shouldn't be a huge shock.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
>Black Death
>starts in China
>goes through Middle East
>hits an Italian port and spreads to Europe

>Coronovirus
>starts in China
>hit the Middle East
>now in Italy

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
Unfortunately, the world economy is built on expansion, including expanding populations. If the population were to be greatly reduced, they would be a negative financial impact. There would be an abundance of product and few people to buy it which would tank its value.

At the same time think of the economic benefits 5 years down the line if large numbers of the elderly population were wiped out in the next 2 years.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2020, 06:45:39 PM »
There's a few folks here that have the Bolognavirus.  

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2020, 06:53:38 PM »
I'm coping fine, I'm open to talking about it, and accepting where it might lead.Denial and narcissism is "I'm American, it won't hurt me" and "it only happens to weak Asians and Africans".if I was narcissistic I wouldn't be accepting my mortality ,id be thinking I was superior and be in denial that it could affect me, like half the posters In this thread.Its a bodybuilding board full of men who started lifting to be admired, it shouldn't be a huge shock.

Everyone dies. You’re not afraid of dying you’re afraid of the economy collapsing.

No one has said they’re superior we’ve only asked you to calm down.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2020, 07:01:12 PM »

Everyone dies. You’re not afraid of dying you’re afraid of the economy collapsing.

No one has said they’re superior we’ve only asked you to calm down.

I'm afraid of the societal fallout of the economy and infrastructure collapsing.As was said in the pellius thread, I've always said people are 2-4 weeks without food or electricity from doing very bad things to survive.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2020, 07:09:33 PM »

That‘s right. And I think you have your answer already.

I would say two things though. These days bad news ultimately = good news for the markets as it results in stimulus and money printing and lower borrowing rates. So be careful if trying to short anything. Secondly, life does (and will) go on. Companies will recover from short term negative impact. If investors over react and sell off on short term fears, prices of good value may emerge.