Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 501612 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »
The Centers for Disease Control report that about 4,280 pedestrians die as the result of being struck by cars each year and another 70,000 pedestrians are injured as the result of being hit by a car. This is a total of 74,280 pedestrians struck by cars each year.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »
The Centers for Disease Control report that about 4,280 pedestrians die as the result of being struck by cars each year and another 70,000 pedestrians are injured as the result of being hit by a car. This is a total of 74,280 pedestrians struck by cars each year.

I didnt realise getting hit by a car was a disease???

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2020, 11:22:51 AM »
I didnt realise getting hit by a car was a disease???

It is once the body is airborne.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »
The IOC just announced that if the outbreak isn't controlled by late May at the latest, the 2020 Summer games are cancelled.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »

Funny. I suspect the center for disease control has the best opportunity to gather these statistics.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2020, 11:31:57 AM »
The IOC just announced that if the outbreak isn't controlled by late May at the latest, the 2020 Summer games are cancelled.

Is the outbreak out of control?

Can you stop an airborne virus?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »

This might be the biggest brainlet cope I've seen in this thread.No offence Prime.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2020, 11:34:45 AM »
Is the outbreak out of control?

Can you stop an airborne virus?

are you army of ones gimmick account?

Chill the fuck out... ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2020, 11:51:02 AM »
This might be the biggest brainlet cope I've seen in this thread.No offence Prime.

Does this make you feel better?

BREAKING NEWS
The C.D.C. warned Americans to begin preparing for the possibility of a coronavirus outbreak: “This might be bad.”

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:33 PM EST
Americans should brace for the likelihood that the coronavirus will spread to communities in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »
Does this make you feel better?

BREAKING NEWS
The C.D.C. warned Americans to begin preparing for the possibility of a coronavirus outbreak: “This might be bad.”

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:33 PM EST
Americans should brace for the likelihood that the coronavirus will spread to communities in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday.

You only have to look at the facts of this thing.Insanely long incubation period, insanely contagious, while being insanely deadly.Thats basically unheard of.Typically viruses are not deadly to this extreme because they want the host to survive to spread the virus.Usually viruses that are deadly, they kill all the hosts and it fizzles out or they are so contagious that they are not deadly to assure the host spreading.This hits that unimaginable equilibrium that was unthinkable til now, of ease of spread while being deadly.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
You only have to look at the facts of this thing.Insanely long incubation period, insanely contagious, while being insanely deadly.Thats basically unheard of.Typically viruses are not deadly to this extreme because they want the host to survive to spread the virus.Usually viruses that are deadly, they kill all the hosts and it fizzles out or they are so contagious that they are not deadly to assure the host spreading.This hits that unimaginable equilibrium that was unthinkable til now, of ease of spread while being deadly.

Horrible. What do you recommend we do about it?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2020, 12:06:39 PM »
Horrible. What do you recommend we do about it?

Stop saying there's nothing you can do about it.Buy a pulse oximeter, stock up on 1-2 months of rice and beans, vit c tabs, ibuprofen and paracetamol.Buy a face mask.Have multiple sources of internet connection, some large power banks, flashlights.Stop smoking if you do.Be ready to pull your kids out of school.Start making plans to remote work if possible.Avoid all public transport from this point on if you can.Avoid large gatherings if you can. Do all this and your chances of survival are far greater than not doing any of it.Or ignore it all, mock it and be crying in a few weeks that you didn't listen.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Coronovirus, we are all screwed
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
Stop saying there's nothing you can do about it.Buy a pulse oximeter, stock up on 1-2 months of rice and beans, vit c tabs, ibuprofen and paracetamol.Buy a face mask.Have multiple sources of internet connection, some large power banks, flashlights.Stop smoking if you do.Be ready to pull your kids out of school.Start making plans to remote work if possible.Avoid all public transport from this point on if you can.Avoid large gatherings if you can. Do all this and your chances of survival are far greater than not doing any of it.Or ignore it all, mock it and be crying in a few weeks that you didn't listen.

I will, thanks...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
I will, thanks...

This will age well.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »
At what level is a disease/virus considered as a plague?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »
State Of Emergency declared in San Francisco

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »
Iran are now saying 50 are dead.At this point it looks very likely it's a stronger strain there.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/24/iran-lawmaker-says-50-are-dead-from-new-coronavirus-in-city-of-qom

I hope Hadi Choopan will be okay

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »
Whilst theres no vaccine, if you really are concerned conventional antibiotics might help, I last week got some to treat pneumonia, my thinking being from what I have read the virus attacks the respiratory system similar to pneumonia in most cases it develops into pneumonia, I would rather take something that might help, than nothing at all. My doctor was OK with my thinking and thinks that with whats known that's all we can do. Augmentin and keflex, but wait till your mucus goes green which points to infection, clear usually is just the common flu, biggest issue i see coming is people getting the common flu and panicking thinking they have corona, plus only ever use anti biotics where you absolutely have to, dont use up your line of defence to early.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »
I don't know about 20% but the 3% figure was between those ill enough to be diagnosed with it.

Most of those who contract the virus clear it as a simple flu,not knowing it was Corona.

Just want to quote this again as this is may be the sanest post in this thread.

The at risk groups appear to be the elderly, long term smokers, diabetics etc. Basically the same at risk groups as the flu.

It will likely cause more deaths than flu because it seems to show little to no symptoms in healthy individuals, so it has the potential to spread must faster.

As for the doom and gloom merchants. I feel for your mental health and chances are this will fizzle out in the next few months as the weather warms up. Stay safe and don't panic.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »

Oh man  ;D LOL...

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2020, 03:55:33 PM »
State Of Emergency declared in San Francisco

It’s too late.

The disease traveled on an airplane. Those people aboard the flight are now carrying the virus. The staff as well. They’re traveling across the world spreading death.

The 2 San Francisco cases are likely dead. The husband entered back into the states January 23rd. We never had a chance.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:10 PM »
It’s too late.

The disease traveled on an airplane. Those people aboard the flight are now carrying the virus. The staff as well. They’re traveling across the world spreading death.

The 2 San Francisco cases are likely dead. The husband entered back into the states January 23rd. We never had a chance.

Everybody kill yourselfs.... It's over we're all dead already

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2020, 04:00:35 PM »
Just want to quote this again as this is may be the sanest post in this thread.

The at risk groups appear to be the elderly, long term smokers, diabetics etc. Basically the same at risk groups as the flu.

It will likely cause more deaths than flu because it seems to show little to no symptoms in healthy individuals, so it has the potential to spread must faster.

As for the doom and gloom merchants. I feel for your mental health and chances are this will fizzle out in the next few months as the weather warms up. Stay safe and don't panic.

AGAIN, its how much this will cripple infrastructure, supply chains, how many will be too ill for work, hospitals overloaded turning away the dying, social unrest, collapse of stocks, housing prices,lack of police etc that is the big worry.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2020, 04:02:50 PM »
Everybody kill yourselfs.... It's over we're all dead already

THIS VIRUS IS DEATH! Antibiotics WILL NOT WORK!

The airplane that transported the disease needs to be decommissioned.