Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 500801 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #3900 on: May 30, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »
It was real, definitely not a hoax. But fear, maybe greed and definitely stupidity took over and clouded peoples judgements.

It wasn't a hoax, but it wasn't just flu either.

For comparison it looks to be on par with the 1968 Hong Kong flu which was declared a pandemic, but it didn't need the kinda BS measures we are seeing in place now to deal with it. Funnily enough the second peak for that flu was worse than the first in some places. This could still be the case with sars2, but again we don't need retarded measures in place to deal with it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3901 on: May 30, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
It was real, definitely not a hoax. But fear, maybe greed and definitely stupidity took over and clouded peoples judgements.

It wasn't a hoax, but it wasn't just flu either.

For comparison it looks to be on par with the 1968 Hong Kong flu which was declared a pandemic, but it didn't need the kinda BS measures we are seeing in place now to deal with it. Funnily enough the second peak for that flu was worse than the first in some places. This could still be the case with sars2, but again we don't need retarded measures in place to deal with it.

This.

It definitely sounds worse than the flu. But politicians took advantage of a vulnerable and fearful population and used it their political advantage. The MSM did a good job of spinning the narrative to their advantage.
X

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #3902 on: May 30, 2020, 10:31:06 AM »
Revised CDC death rates say the opposite.  Magically influenza and pneumonia deaths have decreased significantly since COVID.  Meanwhile, race fueled riots have all but eradicated any fear of social distancing, masks and mass public gatherings; funny how that works.  Same movie, different actors

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3903 on: May 30, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »
Revised CDC death rates say the opposite.  Magically influenza and pneumonia deaths have decreased significantly since COVID.  Meanwhile, race fueled riots have all but eradicated any fear of social distancing, masks and mass public gatherings; funny how that works.  Same movie, different actors

I wouldn't call a lockdown magic

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #3904 on: May 30, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
So the lockdown eradicated influenza and pneumonia yet somehow COVID flourished even amidst those same lockdowns.  Considering we now know it doesn’t live on surfaces and masks are all but useless it’s amazing how well it spread, infecting millions of people yet the flu/pneumonia all but vanished. 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3905 on: May 30, 2020, 11:18:44 AM »
So the lockdown eradicated influenza and pneumonia yet somehow COVID flourished even amidst those same lockdowns.  Considering we now know it doesn’t live on surfaces and masks are all but useless it’s amazing how well it spread, infecting millions of people yet the flu/pneumonia all but vanished.

The only places the coronavirus spread significantly were new york, new jersey and other places with similar death statistics. It spread before lockdown and continued to spread after in homes by those who were already infected during lockdown. It also spread through a lot of vulnerable groups in nursing and care homes after lockdown which skew death statistics. This is why it looks like it flourished. Also this all happened towards the latter part of the flu season, so flu had already done the rounds and was on it's way out anyway.

Maybe you need to read up on flu a bit more too. It pretty much vanishes from the northern hemisphere this time of year every year anyway.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3906 on: May 30, 2020, 11:42:54 AM »
The only places the coronavirus spread significantly were new york, new jersey and other places with similar death statistics. It spread before lockdown and continued to spread after in homes by those who were already infected during lockdown. It also spread through a lot of vulnerable groups in nursing and care homes after lockdown which skew death statistics. This is why it looks like it flourished. Also this all happened towards the latter part of the flu season, so flu had already done the rounds and was on it's way out anyway.

Maybe you need to read up on flu a bit more too. It pretty much vanishes from the northern hemisphere this time of year every year anyway.

These are the numbers from New York City. The median age is 35. Among the most active, social segment of the population there was never a first wave.

I live in the most densely populated area of new York city. I have said that without the media and the state interventions no one would’ve noticed. The statistics bare that out.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3907 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
Some more stats. You’re telling me we needed to lockdown the entire population for this?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3908 on: May 30, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
This is the Snowflake generation.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3909 on: May 30, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »
Some more stats. You’re telling me we needed to lockdown the entire population for this?

I've said from the start the entire population didn't need to be in lockdown so I'm not sure who you're tryna argue with.

But I'll say this again. The "it's just flu" crowd are almost as wrong as the "sky is falling" crowd.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3910 on: May 30, 2020, 12:25:06 PM »
I've said from the start the entire population didn't need to be in lockdown so I'm not sure who you're tryna argue with.

But I'll say this again. The "it's just flu" crowd are almost as wrong as the "sky is falling" crowd.

The truth is there’s been so much inconsistency and misinformation that we really don’t know. In the middle of February, New York City residents were encouraged by the mayor and health commissioner to ride the subways and go to parades in Chinatown.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3911 on: May 30, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »

Oh fuck we weren't lol. For all intents and purposes, it was just a flu in its effect.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3912 on: May 30, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »
The truth is there’s been so much inconsistency and misinformation that we really don’t know. In the middle of February, New York City residents were encouraged by the mayor and health commissioner to ride the subways and go to parades in Chinatown.

That might look like a stroke of genius if there is a second wave as places like New York might be immune to it.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3913 on: May 30, 2020, 12:47:37 PM »
Oh fuck we weren't lol. For all intents and purposes, it was just a flu in its effect.

I'd recommend you go look at the relevant data from areas where there was already significant spread before a lockdown. I've already given you a clue. Hong Kong pandemic

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3914 on: May 30, 2020, 12:48:57 PM »
I had COVID19 and I survived.
X

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3915 on: May 30, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
I had COVID19 and I survived.

China was trying to eliminate U, but WHY  ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3916 on: May 30, 2020, 04:49:51 PM »

This.

It definitely sounds worse than the flu. But politicians took advantage of a vulnerable and fearful population and used it their political advantage. The MSM did a good job of spinning the narrative to their advantage.

I was out in the world yesterday and noticed that there are a lot of people not wearing masks. Most of them looked to be under 25 years old. I remember feeling invincible when I was that age....so I get it.  I gave these roving groups of fools a wide berth....not less than 6 feet.

During my outing, I saw that Crate and Barrel was open for business, so I parked and when in to window shop for a new desk chair and maybe a new desk. Everyone there was wearing masks. There were a few reasons for this, one of which was they handed them out at the entrance another was teenagers don't generally spend time shopping for furniture at Crate and Barrel.

I avoided downtown Portland where some of  the demonstrations over Mr. Floyd's murder were taking place. There's a lot of pent up emotions going around these days mainly because we've all been locked up with the shutdown. People are hungry for a reason to get out and do something. An idiot Minneapolis policeman with a big knee and a bad attitude had his dirty deed videoed and that became the catalyst everyone needed to take their minds off COVID-19 issues. How's this for a theory? Not every theory has to be a conspiracy.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3917 on: May 30, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »
China was trying to eliminate U, but WHY  ???
China is trying to eliminate bodybuilders.  The Chinese struggle to feed their population while bodybuilders are scarfing down 6 meals a day.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3918 on: May 30, 2020, 09:07:51 PM »
I was out in the world yesterday and noticed that there are a lot of people not wearing masks. Most of them looked to be under 25 years old. I remember feeling invincible when I was that age....so I get it.  I gave these roving groups of fools a wide berth....not less than 6 feet.

During my outing, I saw that Crate and Barrel was open for business, so I parked and when in to window shop for a new desk chair and maybe a new desk. Everyone there was wearing masks. There were a few reasons for this, one of which was they handed them out at the entrance another was teenagers don't generally spend time shopping for furniture at Crate and Barrel.

I avoided downtown Portland where some of  the demonstrations over Mr. Floyd's murder were taking place. There's a lot of pent up emotions going around these days mainly because we've all been locked up with the shutdown. People are hungry for a reason to get out and do something. An idiot Minneapolis policeman with a big knee and a bad attitude had his dirty deed videoed and that became the catalyst everyone needed to take their minds off COVID-19 issues. How's this for a theory? Not every theory has to be a conspiracy.

If looting gets serious, please go to VooDoo Doughnuts and secure the perimeter. I will assist you.
a

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3919 on: May 30, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »

Easing of 'restrictions' , now I can drive to 250 km from my beach shack  8)

Recreational travel to 500 km for Outback residents !.

Gym group sex to 20 members  :-\

Etc,.

Life is getting good again !.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3920 on: May 30, 2020, 09:27:48 PM »
China is trying to eliminate bodybuilders.  The Chinese struggle to feed their population while bodybuilders are scarfing down 6 meals a day.

Hell yes, but just 1 (yeah 1) good size MOAB is needed to cut off Chinas supply of drinking water from Russia  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3921 on: May 30, 2020, 11:05:31 PM »
If looting gets serious, please go to VooDoo Doughnuts and secure the perimeter. I will assist you.

Of course I will and of course you will. Anything to save VooDoo donuts from vandalism and looting. "The magic is in the hole."

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #3922 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40:43 AM »
The people who considered this nothing more than the flu were right.  No shit this time of year flu dissipates, I’m referring to the numbers during the typical influenza season.

When you got 100+ year olds beating this shit it becomes a bit comical when the entire nation has to be under lockdown.

Another critical piece here is mass gatherings are unsafe thus the shutdown of local businesses yet thousands can gather for “peaceful” protests are are encouraged to participate.  What happened to COVID and the fear mongering machine behind it?  New day, new distraction.  You strike me as someone who wears a mask while driving in their own vehicle

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3923 on: May 31, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »
Is the sky falling or not?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3924 on: May 31, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »
The people who considered this nothing more than the flu were right.  No shit this time of year flu dissipates, I’m referring to the numbers during the typical influenza season.

When you got 100+ year olds beating this shit it becomes a bit comical when the entire nation has to be under lockdown.

Another critical piece here is mass gatherings are unsafe thus the shutdown of local businesses yet thousands can gather for “peaceful” protests are are encouraged to participate.  What happened to COVID and the fear mongering machine behind it?  New day, new distraction.  You strike me as someone who wears a mask while driving in their own vehicle

Deadlier than the flu. LOL

Missouri coronavirus: More than 370 workers at a pork plant tested positive were asymptomatic - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/triumph-foods-outbreak-missouri/index.html