Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 500926 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #4250 on: July 15, 2020, 08:27:02 AM »
A person I know just died and had covid.  Not sure how they classify the death.  I guess they'll call it a covid death.  Guy was in his late 50's, 50-60 lbs overweight, Hispanic, big drinker, had bad yellowing of his eyes.  Went in for some kind of leg surgery.  Heard it was so kind of vascular issue.  Tested negative before surgery.  Had complications from the surgery and went back to the hospital.  They tested him for covid again and he had it.  He died a couple days later.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4251 on: July 15, 2020, 08:47:21 AM »
A person I know just died and had covid.  Not sure how they classify the death.  I guess they'll call it a covid death.  Guy was in his late 50's, 50-60 lbs overweight, Hispanic, big drinker, had bad yellowing of his eyes.  Went in for some kind of leg surgery.  Heard it was so kind of vascular issue.  Tested negative before surgery.  Had complications from the surgery and went back to the hospital.  They tested him for covid again and he had it.  He died a couple days later.

It’s COVID. Nothing else matters.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4252 on: July 15, 2020, 02:40:08 PM »

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4253 on: July 15, 2020, 02:54:58 PM »

So, SF19oo is finally dead  :D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4254 on: July 15, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »

People should be thanking you for posting this, but on getbig only posts wrapped in tinfoil gain any traction.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4255 on: July 15, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »
I get the feeling this thread  will get to the lofty heights of the Dorian vs Ronny thread.  And no one's mind will be changed either, haha

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4256 on: July 15, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
I get the feeling this thread  will get to the lofty heights of the Dorian vs Ronny thread.  And no one's mind will be changed either, haha

Except in this debate one side can provide scientific and evidence based arguments and the other side can only provide potatoes wrapped in tinfoil type arguments.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4257 on: July 15, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
170 pages of "It's just a flu lol". 

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4258 on: July 15, 2020, 07:48:40 PM »
Except in this debate one side can provide scientific and evidence based arguments and the other side can only provide potatoes wrapped in tinfoil type arguments.

Geesh- lighten up Einstein Jr. it was a fucking joke.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4259 on: July 15, 2020, 09:51:45 PM »
The virus is weak. It was always weak.  Now it's even weaker.

The entire story is now a lie. A piss filled smelly lie.

Never wear a mask. Never social distance. Never stay home. Never.

Cowards wear a mask. Cowards stay home.
a

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4260 on: July 15, 2020, 11:39:52 PM »
Humans can only survive through adaptation.

Unfortunately, some of a weaker constitution will succumb to shit like COVID.

It’s the way she goes.

Just charge ahead, being mindful of good general hygiene habits, etc., and get at ‘er.

Too much thinking. Too much dancing around.

If the reaper comes for you, that’s that.

Fuck masks. Fuck fear. Fuck sinister factions that are using this weak-ass virus to further hurtful and corrupt mandates.

Fuck the world.

Hail and kill.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4261 on: July 16, 2020, 05:41:51 AM »
How deadly is the coronavirus? The true fatality rate is tricky to find

Early reports from January painted a grim picture about just how deadly the coronavirus was. Initially, the World Health Organization estimated that the percentage of infected individuals who die from COVID-19 was 3.4%. That statistic is called the infection fatality rate (IFR) – or colloquially, the death rate – and means that for every hundred people infected with COVID-19, on average, between three and four would die.

As time has gone on, it has become clear that the true risk of death is much lower. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently has a best guess of 0.65% for the IFR. But current estimates fall anywhere between 0.2% and 1%, a surprisingly large range when calculating the infection fatality rate should be as simple as dividing the number of deaths by total infections. And these estimates are changing all the time. In fact, in the time it took to write this article, the CDC changed its best estimate of the fatality rate from 0.26% to 0.65%.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadly-coronavirus-true-fatality-rate-121406190.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4262 on: July 16, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »
The Coronavirus is very tricky. ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4263 on: July 17, 2020, 03:20:51 AM »
Coronavirus death toll disputed after PHE accused of ‘exaggerating COVID-linked deaths’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-phe-accused-exaggerating-deaths-093838013.html

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4264 on: July 17, 2020, 03:38:07 AM »
Where are the bodies?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4265 on: August 13, 2020, 06:50:45 PM »
What It's Like to Be Evicted in the Middle of a Pandemic

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4266 on: August 13, 2020, 08:04:09 PM »
CNN stated as deadly as the 1919 flu ,killed more nyc in April as that flu ,I can’t believe they pulled that one out to try to keep it going,they even showing falcii clips now stating his concerns of the possible shutdowns due to this.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4267 on: August 13, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »
CNN stated as deadly as the 1919 flu ,killed more nyc in April as that flu ,I can’t believe they pulled that one out to try to keep it going,they even showing falcii clips now stating his concerns of the possible shutdowns due to this.

Huh?  You drinking?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4268 on: August 13, 2020, 08:49:38 PM »
Let me know when cucktard DemoCraps start dropping en masse from this turrrrrBULL virus. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4269 on: August 14, 2020, 07:05:22 AM »
Huh?  You drinking?
sober lol,,maybe i didnt type word for word ,but something to that extent.saying that it could move at that rate if it can/does..

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4270 on: August 14, 2020, 07:06:40 AM »
the homeless' bodies are just pilling up all over the streets now... oh the humanity

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4271 on: August 26, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
BOSTON’S ICONIC Cheers bar, located at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, is facing permanent closure after the business suffered immensely due to the pandemic. The bar is a replica of the set from the popular Cheers sitcom, which aired from 1982 to 1993, and was a staple of the Boston bar scene and a favorite among tourists. Now, after 20 years, the bar will close for good on August 30.

According to the bar’s CEO Marus Ripperger, the dire financial situation was not helped by the property’s landlord, who refused to offer rent forgiveness or assistance when the bar was forced to close in the middle of the pandemic.

“Cheers Replica Bar has had a wonderful 20 years in the iconic Faneuil Hall Marketplace, one of America’s most cherished historic landmarks,” The bar’s founder, Tom Kershaw, said in a press release. “I have faced, and pulled through, many kinds of downturns and upticks in the economy within the last 20 years Cheers Replica Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace has been in business. Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic, combined with no assistance from our landlord (Ashkenazy Acquisition Group), has made this current challenge insurmountable.”

The bar’s original location on Beacon Street, which inspired the one on the show, will still remain open to the public.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/bostons-iconic-cheers-bar-close-permanently/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Partner&utm_campaign=Thrillist&fbclid=IwAR1rvJ3Ex-kG9VpPRRQzOpQf0PLpV8g0Iq_DwWvYE4jNATJGUGqjUbO7jKY

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4272 on: August 26, 2020, 10:37:56 PM »
the homeless' bodies are just pilling up all over the streets now... oh the humanity

Yes....but they are just sleeping there because they have nowhere else to hang their heads.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4273 on: August 26, 2020, 11:18:32 PM »
BOSTON’S ICONIC Cheers bar, located at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, is facing permanent closure after the business suffered immensely due to the pandemic. The bar is a replica of the set from the popular Cheers sitcom, which aired from 1982 to 1993, and was a staple of the Boston bar scene and a favorite among tourists. Now, after 20 years, the bar will close for good on August 30.

According to the bar’s CEO Marus Ripperger, the dire financial situation was not helped by the property’s landlord, who refused to offer rent forgiveness or assistance when the bar was forced to close in the middle of the pandemic.

“Cheers Replica Bar has had a wonderful 20 years in the iconic Faneuil Hall Marketplace, one of America’s most cherished historic landmarks,” The bar’s founder, Tom Kershaw, said in a press release. “I have faced, and pulled through, many kinds of downturns and upticks in the economy within the last 20 years Cheers Replica Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace has been in business. Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic, combined with no assistance from our landlord (Ashkenazy Acquisition Group), has made this current challenge insurmountable.”

The bar’s original location on Beacon Street, which inspired the one on the show, will still remain open to the public.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/bostons-iconic-cheers-bar-close-permanently/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Partner&utm_campaign=Thrillist&fbclid=IwAR1rvJ3Ex-kG9VpPRRQzOpQf0PLpV8g0Iq_DwWvYE4jNATJGUGqjUbO7jKY

It is so sad how some things work out. The Cheers bar was the ultimate great neighborhood hangout place. Like the show, these places have become a memory. It makes me sad. My favorite neighborhood bar 'Starkey's' closed about 10 years ago and most of us bar buddies drifted apart, lacking a place we could call home. I've stayed in touch with a few of my friends from that great hangout. Somehow checking in with one another via Facebook or email isn't quite the same as the time we all spent together after hard day at the office, unwinding with a cocktail or two.

After Starky's closed, some of the patrons' most beloved bartenders, like Russell, found jobs tending bar at other establishments. Like me, a few of us visited them at their new gig, maybe hoping what we lost could be found again. Unfortunately, that never happened. Some of the best times in life are a one off. I miss all those hours of interesting conversation with my friends at Starky's, just as I imagine folks miss what they had at the Cheers' namesake.

I'm feeling nostalgic right now. If it weren't for this fucking virus, I'd be calling my old friends from Starkey's tomorrow and setting up lunch or drinking dates. Being that these folks are similar in age and probably like me playing it safe. Lunch or a drink is out unless we could find a place where we can still hear what one another says from 6' away and through a cloth face mask. Hmm, while the weather is still permitting, I think I could do this in my own back yard....BYOB.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4274 on: August 27, 2020, 12:46:04 AM »
Yes....but they are just sleeping there because they have nowhere else to hang their heads.

Let's direct them to Pimlico Drive, West Linn  ;)