Author Topic: AOC blasts coronavirus stimulus, blames GOP for not granting checks to all immig  (Read 2111 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
AOC blasts coronavirus stimulus, blames GOP for not granting checks to all immigrants

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-blasts-coronavirus-stimulus-blames-gop-for-not-granting-checks-to-all-immigrants

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., does not share the enthusiasm Democratic leaders showed toward the coronavirus stimulus bill that the Senate passed this week after extensive negotiations, claiming that the provision that will send money to individuals does not go far enough.

According to the bill, nonresident aliens are not eligible for the payments, which are generally $1,200 for those who file taxes as individuals and $2,400 for those who file jointly.

AOC ALLY PANS 'RIDICULOUS' PELOSI CLAIM ON CLIMATE CHANGE MEASURE IN CORONAVIRUS BILL

"To clarify, $1200 checks are ONLY going to some w/social sec numbers, NOT immigrants w/ tax IDs (ITINs)," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "Thanks to GOP, these checks will be cut off the backs of *taxpaying immigrants,* who get nothing. Many are essential workers who pay more taxes than Amazon. Wall St gets $4T[.]"

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC
 · 4h
To clarify, $1200 checks are ONLY going to some w/social sec numbers, NOT immigrants w/ tax IDs (ITINs).

Thanks to GOP, these checks will be cut off the backs of *taxpaying immigrants,* who get nothing. Many are essential workers who pay more taxes than Amazon.

Wall St gets $4T

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC
What Trump + Senate GOP have done is hold hospitals, working people, and the vulnerable hostage so they could get in $500 billion (that will be leveraged into $4T) in corporate welfare.

Without the Wall St giveaway, GOP refuses to fund hospitals & unemployment. It’s inhumane.

11:58 AM - Mar 26, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
6,047 people are talking about this
An Individual Tax Identification Number (ITINs) is, as the IRS describes, "a tax processing number only available for certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number." This includes illegal immigrants.

PELOSI HINTS AT WHAT DEMS COULD INCLUDE IN NEXT CORONAVIRUS BILL

Despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi praising Senate Democrats for using their "leverage" to obtain the party's goals with the bill, Ocasio-Cortez blamed Republicans and the Trump administration for holding those in need "hostage" to secure benefits for corporations.

"What Trump + Senate GOP have done is hold hospitals, working people, and the vulnerable hostage so they could get in $500 billion (that will be leveraged into $4T) in corporate welfare," she said. "Without the Wall St giveaway, GOP refuses to fund hospitals & unemployment. It’s inhumane."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

Ocasio-Cortez's former chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti, joined Republicans by taking a shot at Pelosi during negotiations over the bill after it came out that she wanted legislation to include language calling for new emissions standards for airlines.

Chakrabarti called Pelosi's idea "ridiculous,"  arguing now is not the time for token environmental provisions and that she should "Solve the problem at hand."

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
When $2.2 trillion is not enough...call AOC!

Both the Repubs and the Dems have filled this bill with pork.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
That kunt is brain dead.  She has no idea why corporations (who actual employ everyone) gets a stimulus but illegal immigrants don't.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
That kunt is brain dead.  She has no idea why corporations (who actual employ everyone) gets a stimulus but illegal immigrants don't.

I assume she’s talking about legal immigrants, she references Tax ID. I’d assume they’d be legal if they have those. However, I’m not sure I agree with them getting checks cut, as they are not citizens and therefore shouldn’t get our handouts.

pamith

• Getbig V
She's cute in her own way, no?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I assume she’s talking about legal immigrants, she references Tax ID. I’d assume they’d be legal if they have those. However, I’m not sure I agree with them getting checks cut, as they are not citizens and therefore shouldn’t get our handouts.
If she read the bill, she would see that legal immigrants are included in the bill.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
She wants illegals to get free healthcare and be allowed to vote as well.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Imagine having a degree from Columbia U or whatever and not understanding what a "country" is.

Purge_WTF

She's cute in her own way, no?

As long as she doesn't talk.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Imagine having a degree from Columbia U or whatever and not understanding what a "country" is.
Boston University with a degree in economics and doesn't seem to understand the very basics of economics.

pamith

• Getbig V
But, is she sexual?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!