Author Topic: onlyme---question about Over the Top  (Read 33835 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: onlyme---question about Over the Top
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »
Thanks Kieth that's awesome advice.

Here is a great example.  I promoted a Southern California High School Armwreslting event (sponsored by Weider).  At South High in Torrance, Ca they had a football star who had a full ride to USC (D-end)  He was a pretty big guy about 6'3" 260 or so.  We he entered cause everybody egged him on.  He came in beat a few guys.  Then he went up against this guy who was the drum player in the band (the big giant drum guy).  This guy wore glasses (that he took off at the table) and maybe weighed 220.  Didn't look like he lifted a weight at all except the drum.  Well this guy went up to the table as the definite underdog and fought this guy for awhile.  He finally ended up winning solely on strength.  The place went crazy.  I swear to god I remember turning to the principle saying something like "No Way!"  I mean his friends came up on the stage just going crazy.  The football guy grabbed hi arm and raised it up.  I swear it awesome.  I mean this guy was basically someone who got hardly any attention or anything.  Well he got his name in the main paper in So. Cal. The Daily Breeze and the also a big writeup in the school paper.  I talked to the baseball coach the following week and he told me that the entire school was treating this guy like a celebrity.

I mean here is a guy who was basically a nobody and came out to beat the school hero.  It was great.  I got so many of these kind of stories.  The one thing you seriously need to realize is there is always someone better than you.  I used to want to be called the "Iceman" when I armwwrestled cause I tried to show no emotion.  I wanted to just go up be cool and kick everyones ass.  But another reason why I never boasted or was loud was becasue I knew (esepcially in armwrestling) that anyone can beat anyone at any given moment. Let you body speak for itself.  It is way more impressive, cause if you are loud and look like shit or are weaker than someone else it will just embarrass yourself. 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
Here is a great example.  I promoted a Southern California High School Armwreslting event (sponsored by Weider).  At South High in Torrance, Ca they had a football star who had a full ride to USC (D-end)  He was a pretty big guy about 6'3" 260 or so.  We he entered cause everybody egged him on.  He came in beat a few guys.  Then he went up against this guy who was the drum player in the band (the big giant drum guy).  This guy wore glasses (that he took off at the table) and maybe weighed 220.  Didn't look like he lifted a weight at all except the drum.  Well this guy went up to the table as the definite underdog and fought this guy for awhile.  He finally ended up winning solely on strength.  The place went crazy.  I swear to god I remember turning to the principle saying something like "No Way!"  I mean his friends came up on the stage just going crazy.  The football guy grabbed hi arm and raised it up.  I swear it awesome.  I mean this guy was basically someone who got hardly any attention or anything.  Well he got his name in the main paper in So. Cal. The Daily Breeze and the also a big writeup in the school paper.  I talked to the baseball coach the following week and he told me that the entire school was treating this guy like a celebrity.

I mean here is a guy who was basically a nobody and came out to beat the school hero.  It was great.  I got so many of these kind of stories.  The one thing you seriously need to realize is there is always someone better than you.  I used to want to be called the "Iceman" when I armwwrestled cause I tried to show no emotion.  I wanted to just go up be cool and kick everyones ass.  But another reason why I never boasted or was loud was becasue I knew (esepcially in armwrestling) that anyone can beat anyone at any given moment. Let you body speak for itself.  It is way more impressive, cause if you are loud and look like shit or are weaker than someone else it will just embarrass yourself. 

Nice I always liked those underdog stories. I love the faces of the arragant bastards after defeat! ;D
just push some weight!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2006, 03:17:49 AM »
Nice I always liked those underdog stories. I love the faces of the arragant bastards after defeat! ;D

Of these, Rocky may very well be the finest.
Team Goodrum!

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2010, 12:37:46 AM »
where at in the movie can i see you onlyme? i looked and i can't find you but i've never seen teh movie before im only 18
TEAM LAURA LEE!