Author Topic: Crossfit Founder Gives His Opinion on The State of The World -  (Read 4165 times)

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
Re: Crossfit Founder Gives His Opinion on The State of The World -
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 05:24:05 AM »
Actually destroying the weak liberals is the only solution (other than collapse of western society) to get rid of them....

Especially the media, tertiary institutions and schools these must be totally revamped. I believe at this point the best solution for the right is beginning a slow introduction of new laws targeting the media, slowing removing their freedom. The media does nothing for society anymore, we'd be better off with a state run media.

It's looking like a gradual collapse of western society, without protection and decadence of the west the left will no longer exist.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 05:38:45 AM »
How did this guy become a leader of a fitness empire?

Only in America.

He had a mid level gymnastics background, and was supposedly very injured at one point, which led to his look. At least, that's how he explained it. The smart move he made in the beginning was hiring very pretty 20 - 30 somethings, usually with college sports backgrounds to be the face of the brand. They all had important titles, you usually had to peel back the onion a few layers before you got to him.

By the time he was actually out in public a lot, it was already established as a monied, social club type of fitness venture, and there was no stopping it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »
Alternative rendering:  Joe Weider - King of Schmoes

Only in America.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 12:05:29 PM »
One thing social has made clear: never apologise.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
This story's explosive. >:(   Now what's he up to?  ???

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 12:34:22 PM »
They're quiet in headquarters.

One of the old guard (Nicole Carroll) just left. That is big, she was a major player from the beginning. Lots of smaller sponsors are pulling out of the Crossfit games.

I thought he'd just tread water for a few weeks, and it would go away. But this feels bigger, I can see Rogue or Reebok, not even buying him out, but just starting a "Functional Training" program/affiliation. Lots hated that you had to kiss Glassman's ring to get ahead there, so this might be the big thing that unseats him.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »

630+ gyms out / rebranding themselves. When you consider it's $500 - 3000 / yr  just to use the name "Crossfit", plus a $1,000+ in yearly "education" fees for trainers. Yikes.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 01:04:22 PM »

Only in America.

Might as well let flex “one leg” wheeler be the face of fitness and health

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »
"Reebok and rogue fitness ended their corporate sponsorship with CrossFit". I woke up this morning to this news and when I did read what he said in his tweet I was shocked. Shocked with how some fucking CEO saw the tweet offending and cuts ties with Crossfit. There's no fucking way the tweet is racist or offending.
Reebok and Rogue probably don't have enough gains this year to keep all their sponsorships and saw the tweet as an ideal justification to cut tie with Crossfit.
That's my explanation

Let's be honest the fad has about run its course. Overpriced jungle gym inside crappy rented buildings paying a franchise fee for a system.....social media meets Amway marketing.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »

Let's be honest the fad has about run its course. Overpriced jungle gym inside crappy rented buildings paying a franchise fee for a system.....social media meets Amway marketing.

Good point. Crossfit will be the next aerobics. It was trendy but now it's done.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 03:16:40 PM »
CrossFit was always a ‘sport’ for libtards who hated bodybuilding and thought bodybuilding was ‘gross’ and ‘offensive’. Instead of trying to look impressive, they basked in their ‘functional strength’ bubbles, as if their lives regularly utilize climbing up the sides of buildings and ropes and walking on their hands. So no surprise at all that the libtard franchisees and practitioners are taking such grand offense at a commonly held belief.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 03:36:33 PM »
At least he taught the world to raise their chin from point A to point B without doing a pullup.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
CrossFit was always a ‘sport’ for libtards who hated bodybuilding and thought bodybuilding was ‘gross’ and ‘offensive’. Instead of trying to look impressive, they basked in their ‘functional strength’ bubbles, as if their lives regularly utilize climbing up the sides of buildings and ropes and walking on their hands. So no surprise at all that the libtard franchisees and practitioners are taking such grand offense at a commonly held belief.

This.

They have turned on their Master.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
Glassman retires.

Buzzfeed has a tape of a Crossfit zoom meeting with a Minnesota gym owner discussing Covid, George Floyd, etc.... Below are some choice quotes -

“I doubt very much that they’re mourning for Floyd,” Glassman said on the call about protesters and CrossFitters who were looking for the company to speak out. “I don’t think that there’s a general mourning for Floyd in any community.”

“Can you tell me why I should mourn for him? Other than that it’s the white thing to do — other than that, give me another reason,” he asked a Minneapolis gym owner who had questioned why the brand hadn’t posted a statement"

"Glassman speculated that the nightclub where both Floyd and his alleged killer, former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, worked has “been under investigation by the FBI for over a decade for laundering money.”

“It's very interesting that George gets popped with counterfeits, and who comes but the head of security from the dance club? Watch: This thing's going to turn into first-degree murder,” he said. “That's what it's going to turn into. And it's going to be because I'm predicting this. We have friends in the FBI in your neighborhood, and they're of the view that this was first-degree murder and it was to silence him over the counterfeit money. That's the belief. That's what the cops think.”

“Moved to action? Burning the city down, is that the action? Destruction of Black- and minority-owned businesses, is that the action?” Glassman asked while speaking to a gym owner from Minneapolis who detailed what their members had been doing to help the community in the aftermath of nights of looting and protests."

"Glassman told the owners on the call that “killing George was wrong” before adding that “burning the town down was wrong, killing the Black cop was wrong, and the Black-on-Black murder every weekend in every one of our cities is a tragedy.”

“It sounds like more of the same. It sounds like punishing the cops. It sounds like blaming the police for all of the problems in blighted communities, and I don’t think anything could be farther from the truth. Have you ever done a ride-along with cops in a rough neighborhood?” Glassman said. “You don’t have to answer, but I have many, many times, and that is crazy tough work and almost all of the men and women are professionals.“

"During a lengthy discussion on the coronavirus, Glassman again shared more unfounded theories. “The Chinese let this virus get out of the laboratory, and that indeed did happen,” he said."

“I was asked by the Italians, 'What would you do, coach?' And I said, 'I would agree to any restrictions put on me by the health authorities, and I would open my gym, and then 10 minutes later I would do whatever the fuck I wanted. That's what I would do.' "

"Near the end of the call, when a gym owner suggested they were considering dropping their affiliation with CrossFit, another CrossFit headquarters staff member spoke to defend Glassman. “You’re not even approaching this with any compassion. You’re approaching this strictly with your agenda,” they told the gym owner. “Do you know how many Black people are going to be saved by CrossFit?”

Article - www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryancbrooks/crossfit-ceo-founder-zoom-greg-glassman-george-floyd .

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2020, 03:57:15 PM »
I don't know if that is photo shop or steroids with that muscled Glassman. Here is a real picture.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
Glassman retires.

Buzzfeed has a tape of a Crossfit zoom meeting with a Minnesota gym owner discussing Covid, George Floyd, etc.... Below are some choice quotes -

“I doubt very much that they’re mourning for Floyd,” Glassman said on the call about protesters and CrossFitters who were looking for the company to speak out. “I don’t think that there’s a general mourning for Floyd in any community.”

“Can you tell me why I should mourn for him? Other than that it’s the white thing to do — other than that, give me another reason,” he asked a Minneapolis gym owner who had questioned why the brand hadn’t posted a statement"

"Glassman speculated that the nightclub where both Floyd and his alleged killer, former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, worked has “been under investigation by the FBI for over a decade for laundering money.”

“It's very interesting that George gets popped with counterfeits, and who comes but the head of security from the dance club? Watch: This thing's going to turn into first-degree murder,” he said. “That's what it's going to turn into. And it's going to be because I'm predicting this. We have friends in the FBI in your neighborhood, and they're of the view that this was first-degree murder and it was to silence him over the counterfeit money. That's the belief. That's what the cops think.”

“Moved to action? Burning the city down, is that the action? Destruction of Black- and minority-owned businesses, is that the action?” Glassman asked while speaking to a gym owner from Minneapolis who detailed what their members had been doing to help the community in the aftermath of nights of looting and protests."

"Glassman told the owners on the call that “killing George was wrong” before adding that “burning the town down was wrong, killing the Black cop was wrong, and the Black-on-Black murder every weekend in every one of our cities is a tragedy.”

“It sounds like more of the same. It sounds like punishing the cops. It sounds like blaming the police for all of the problems in blighted communities, and I don’t think anything could be farther from the truth. Have you ever done a ride-along with cops in a rough neighborhood?” Glassman said. “You don’t have to answer, but I have many, many times, and that is crazy tough work and almost all of the men and women are professionals.“

"During a lengthy discussion on the coronavirus, Glassman again shared more unfounded theories. “The Chinese let this virus get out of the laboratory, and that indeed did happen,” he said."

“I was asked by the Italians, 'What would you do, coach?' And I said, 'I would agree to any restrictions put on me by the health authorities, and I would open my gym, and then 10 minutes later I would do whatever the fuck I wanted. That's what I would do.' "

"Near the end of the call, when a gym owner suggested they were considering dropping their affiliation with CrossFit, another CrossFit headquarters staff member spoke to defend Glassman. “You’re not even approaching this with any compassion. You’re approaching this strictly with your agenda,” they told the gym owner. “Do you know how many Black people are going to be saved by CrossFit?”

Article - www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryancbrooks/crossfit-ceo-founder-zoom-greg-glassman-george-floyd .

Glassman didn’t say one thing that was wrong here. What an emotionally fragile society we live in today. Sad!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
Glassman didn’t say one thing that was wrong here. What an emotionally fragile society we live in today. Sad!!!!

I agree. Tired of liberal political correctness. You can't express your views unless you consider how sensitive liberals are.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »
Holy fuck whatever happened to free speech? Let people speak their minds and if they don't agree with the majority get some balls and accept it. Like an adult.

People have opposing views. As long as they're not inciting violence who the fuck cares. And crossfit buddy wasn't.

Why can't we just be free to be non violent assholes?

nothing happened to it

He is free to say whatever he wants and everyone else to free to like it, not like or and/or want nothing to do with him or his company

Freedom everywhere

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 06:51:45 PM »
Team Pre Kyle Rayner Green Amber Lamps 4 Lyfe

Q

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
"Chinese" isn't a race. It's a nationality.

Using that same logic, that's like saying if Covid was released in the US and someone in China blamed "Americans", they'd be "racist"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 07:01:59 PM »
Holy fuck whatever happened to free speech? Let people speak their minds and if they don't agree with the majority get some balls and accept it. Like an adult.

People have opposing views. As long as they're not inciting violence who the fuck cares. And crossfit buddy wasn't.

Why can't we just be free to be non violent assholes?

Free speech doesn’t mean free of consequences.
X

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 07:02:38 PM »
THAT MEME IS BORN AND DEAD ON THE SAME NIGHT YO

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
Crossfit always fucking sucked anyway....

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 09:05:40 PM »
"Chinese" isn't a race. It's a nationality.

Using that same logic, that's like saying if Covid was released in the US and someone in China blamed "Americans", they'd be "racist"

Welcome back dude.

I heard the county jail was letting dudes out early, was looking forward to your return.