Author Topic: Russia Becomes First Country in the World to Register COVID-19 Vaccine  (Read 4081 times)

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
Re: Russia Becomes First Country in the World to Register COVID-19 Vaccine
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »
How much you bet Trump buys it from them?

J

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
The issue with all the vaccines so far has been the lack of antibodies success over a long enough period of time, I'm not familiar with the Russian data, but with other trials moderna, astra  etc, it looks like the vaccine will need to be given more regularly than just once as anti body response has in some people required a booster after initial dose and even then there has been some subjects displaying antibodies at the 1 month post dose, but not at the three month mark, meaning you could get covid even after you have been vaccinated, without it mutating which is another issue which can usually be partly solved with a updated vaccine type jab every 12 months. Amazing what Russia and other none western countries can accomplish without the liability issues we face in the west. Modern western democracy and capitalism is inefficient and non productive, our innovation is drowning in political correctness and low productivity, with no hope in sight.
I agree, but I think Putin is trying to push it out too early to look like a saviour. It might backfire on him.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
I agree, but I think Putin is trying to push it out too early to look like a saviour. It might backfire on him.

I believe I read that Putin bypassed completion of the last stage of clinical trials for approval.

That doesn't "guarantee" a problem, but it does leave a bit of a gap in the protocol.

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »

I believe I read that Putin bypassed completion of the last stage of clinical trials for approval.

That doesn't "guarantee" a problem, but it does leave a bit of a gap in the protocol.
It’s putting peoples lives in danger over politics. Seems to be the norm these days. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 03:59:35 PM »

Bypassing, skipping, cutting corners.  What could go wrong?  Chernobyl wasn't so bad, was it?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
Russia receives orders from 20 countries for ONE BILLION doses of world’s first Covid-19 vaccine

PM if you want one

If a fraction of the orders are executed, a few Russians will be laughing all the way to the bank.  It it turns out to be a bust, Putin will say,
"Sorry, vee did howar bezd!".

In a startling and confusing move, Russia claimed today it had approved the world’s first COVID-19 vaccine, as the nation’s Ministry of Health issued what’s called a registration certificate for a vaccine candidate that has been tested in just 76 people. The certificate allows the vaccine, developed by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology in Moscow, to be given to “a small number of citizens from vulnerable groups,” including medical staff and the elderly, a Ministry of Health spokesperson tells ScienceInsider. But the certificate stipulates that the vaccine cannot be used widely until 1 January 2021, presumably after larger clinical trials have been completed.

Scientists around the world immediately denounced the certification as premature and inappropriate, as the Gamaleya vaccine has yet to complete a trial that convincingly shows it is safe and effective in a large group of people. Even some within Russia challenged the move. “It's ridiculous,” says Svetlana Zavidova, a lawyer who heads the Association of Clinical Research Organizations in Russia. “I feel only shame for our country.” Zavidova, who has worked on clinical trials for 20 years and anticipated the approval, yesterday sent an appeal to the Ministry of Health to postpone registering the vaccine until proper efficacy trials are completed. “Accelerated registration will no longer make Russia a leader in this race, it will only expose end users of the vaccine, citizens of the country of the Russian Federation, to unnecessary danger,” she wrote on behalf of the clinical research group.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/russia-s-approval-covid-19-vaccine-less-meets-press-release

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 03:02:52 AM »

RK, also predicted Iranian rocket attack on America ...........but  :-\

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 08:15:32 AM »
Then get off a USA bodybuilding site, you cock sucking dweeb.

I love how the American haters are completely addicted to American capitalism and American corporations.

Believe me - living in Canada and trying to explain this to moronic Canadians is quite the challenge.  Meanwhile, most of us in Canada who like or love the USA are forced to self-censor even though we massively outnumber the loudmouth Canadians who hate the USA, yet DON'T STOP GOING THERE.  They don't stop buying from American corporations.  They are just full of shit, and they are addicted to American corporations.

Myself personally, I noticed this hypocrisy since as far back as age 13, and I made it a point to call out my fellow Canadians on this.  Not to say that the USA is perfect, but I would much prefer the global hegemonic power to be an ally and neighbour of Canada than not be.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 08:48:17 AM »
Why do Russians need a vaccine?  I thought they were too manly for the Coronavirus.

kevin25

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »
 ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 09:07:30 AM »
Each Russian needs a bigger vaccine bottle.  That's just a shot.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 09:21:17 AM »
Did the Russian dude ever do the head transplant yet?

I remember reading something about that, but didn't follow up.

I think it makes sense that Russia will be the new frontier for these sorts of medical advances.  Ethics bodies will prevent the USA from being able to do the sort of testing on new medicines that Russia will be allowed to produce, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Russia wins a sort of medical cold war against any/all other powers.

If you took away the ethics committees in the USA, they could probably operate faster than Russia, but these committees exist for a reason.

Frankly, I'm fine with Russia taking this one.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »

I think it makes sense that Russia will be the new frontier for these sorts of medical advances.  Ethics bodies will prevent the USA from being able to do the sort of testing on new medicines that Russia will be allowed to produce, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Russia wins a sort of medical cold war against any/all other powers.

If you took away the ethics committees in the USA, they could probably operate faster than Russia, but these committees exist for a reason.

Makes the Russians sound like the Nazis experimenting on Jews.

RK

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 09:43:38 AM »
It is not broadly known worldwide that Russia has been one of the global leaders in vaccine research for centuries. Russian Empress Catherine the Great set an example in 1768 when she received the country’s first smallpox vaccination, 30 years before the first vaccination was done in the United States.

In 1892 Russian scientist Dmitri Ivanovsky observed an unusual effect while studying tobacco leaves infected with a mosaic disease. The leaves remained infectious even after the scientist filtered out the bacteria. Although it was still almost half a century before the first virus could be seen through a microscope, Ivanovsky’s research gave birth to a new science called virology.

Since Ivanovsky’s discovery, Russia has been one of the global leaders in virology and vaccine research, producing scores of talented scientists such as researcher Nikolay Gamaleya, who studied at the laboratory of French biologist Louis Pasteur in Paris and opened the world’s second vaccination station for rabies in Russia in 1886.

The Soviet Union continued to support research into viruses and vaccines. Everyone born after the Second World War received mandatory vaccinations against polio, tuberculosis and diphtheria. In a rare example of Cold War era cooperation, three leading Soviet virologists went to the United States in 1955 to offer testing opportunities in the Soviet Union for a U.S. vaccine against polio, a deadly disease which claimed millions of lives. If we were able to cooperate then, we can and must do it again now.

Decades of efforts by Russian and Soviet scientists led to the creation of an excellent research infrastructure, such as the National Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology named after Nikolai Gamaleya. This infrastructure ranges from one of the richest “virus libraries” in the world, created using a unique preservation technique, to experimental animal breeding centers. We are proud of this legacy, which allowed us to create the first approved COVID-19 vaccine in the world. We already received international requests for 1 bln doses of our vaccine and reached international agreements to produce 500 mln doses annually with the intention to ramp it up.

RK

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
Today, many Western media and politicians question the speed of the COVID-19 vaccine creation in Russia, raising doubts about its efficacy and authenticity. The secret behind this speed is Russia’s expertise in vaccine research. Since the 1980s, the Gamaleya Center has led the effort to develop a technological platform using adenoviruses, found in human adenoids and normally transmitting the common cold, as “vectors” or vehicles, which can induce a genetic material from another virus into a cell.

The gene from adenovirus, which causes the infection, is removed while a gene with the code of a protein from another virus is inserted. This inserted element is small, not a dangerous part of a virus and is safe for the body but still helps the immune system to react and produce antibodies, which protect us from the infection.

The technological platform of adenovirus-based vectors makes it easier and faster to create new vaccines through modifying the initial carrier vector with genetic material from new emerging viruses. Such vaccines provoke a strong response from a human body in order to build immunity while the overall process of vector modification and pilot-scale manufacturing takes only a few months.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »
"It seems our foreign colleagues are sensing the specific competitive advantages of the Russian drug and are trying to express opinions that in our opinion are completely groundless,"

Health Minister Mikhail Murashko

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/live-zealand-defers-parliament-dissolution-coronavirus-200811234344092.html

RK

• Getbig III

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2020, 12:28:53 PM »
IN SOVIET RUSSIA VACCINE INJECTS YOU!

RK

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2020, 03:00:36 AM »
IN SOVIET RUSSIA VACCINE INJECTS YOU!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2020, 04:09:27 AM »

This.

Vaccine test subjects for the US and UK programs are given the vaccine and sent back to normal life and then they wait to become infected with corona. This could take months or even years and holds up the process.

They aren't allowed to be deliberately infect the subjects, but I can see Russia having no problem doing this.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2020, 04:37:22 AM »
Likely its just liquid aminos
A

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2020, 04:41:15 AM »
Makes the Russians sound like the Nazis experimenting on Jews.

Jews bitch about everything.  Notice, no Holocaust movie covers the 66 million White Christian Russians murdered by Jews.  Gee, small detail.  I wonder why they left it out.  ::)

To answer your question, my guess is that Russia is probably experimenting on rapists and murderers in prison or something.  Sounds inhuman, but in the end, it can save a lot of lives.

But yeah, you are probably right to suggest that Russia is experimenting on people with this new vaccine.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2020, 04:42:02 AM »

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »
most likely qrp-15

or liquid beef aminos