Author Topic: RUSTY WANTS TO DO THE COLORADO PRO!  (Read 18844 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: RUSTY WANTS TO DO THE COLORADO PRO!
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »
I wouldn't be talking about P3NG anyone "Beserker" the only thing you P3WN is a bad case of BO and halitosis.

The bes way to get to Denver from LA at least is Amtrak.  When I competed there it was exactly the same cost as a roundtrip plane ticket.  I wasn't in a big hurry so I took Amtrak.  It was so awesome and fun.  And I like how someone tried to compare the Arnold to the Colorado Pro.  That was funny.

Location Location Location.  3 very important words.  Denver, Denver, Denver.  Out of 10 locations ranks 9th after Nome Alaska.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »
The competition would be harder, but it sure would make the Colorado Pro a little more interesting.  My money is on Haider to take the whole show anyway :)  But it'd be cool to see a feelgood story if Rusty could maybe scoot into the top 5 or 6 at an IFBB show.

Rusty has done enough feel good stories, don't ya think...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »
The bes way to get to Denver from LA at least is Amtrak.  When I competed there it was exactly the same cost as a roundtrip plane ticket.  I wasn't in a big hurry so I took Amtrak.  It was so awesome and fun.  And I like how someone tried to compare the Arnold to the Colorado Pro.  That was funny.

Location Location Location.  3 very important words.  Denver, Denver, Denver.  Out of 10 locations ranks 9th after Nome Alaska.

1. No, the bes way is by plane.  Amtrak will save you 100 bucks and take you an extra 2 days which for most means extra time off from working which kind of ruins the point of saving 100 bucks.

2. Nobody compared the Arnold Classic SHOW to the Colorado Pro SHOW.  ::)

3. You think Nome is a better place for a new BB event than Denver ::)  No please, don't share your top 7 selections :-X

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 10:24:24 PM »

Hmm - You know, I guess no one lives in Denver.  There must be no stadiums there either. No professional football teams, no professional basketball teams, no professional anything... hmm... no colleges or university there either.  Just a whole bunch of fields of snow.

Truth be it, there may be an untapped audience who would like to see a professional pro show, and will drive to 1-2 hours it takes to get there, of which there is there is a population of over 3 million people.

http://www.metrodenver.org/documents/dataCenter/Demo_population_municipalincounties_2004.xls

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »
Brutal business decisions
"Shut the F up and train"

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:24 PM »

It was.  There are two pro shows in California, one pro show in Texas, one in Vegas, one in Ohio, one in Jersey, one in New York, one in Niagara Falls area.

They had one in Atlanta, did ok. They had one in Florida, did ok. They had one in North Carolina, did ok.

Shawn is going for a new demographic that just may give him the support that the bodybuilding and fitness community is looking for in Denver.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 12:06:54 AM »
1. No, the bes way is by plane.  Amtrak will save you 100 bucks and take you an extra 2 days which for most means extra time off from working which kind of ruins the point of saving 100 bucks.

2. Nobody compared the Arnold Classic SHOW to the Colorado Pro SHOW.  ::)

3. You think Nome is a better place for a new BB event than Denver ::)  No please, don't share your top 7 selections :-X

If you read I said I did it cause I wasn't in a hurry.  Of course its longer but it is beautiful and if you aren't in a hurry it is allot better.  From what you wrote you said sarcastically that why would anyone put on a show in Columbus, OH.  Last time I checked the Arnold is there.  And if you read and comprehended what I said is that Denver is ranked 9th with Nome being the only place worse is ranked 10th.  Now please don't make me grade you on everything. I hope this helps and please try to retain the explanations for next class.  And I am sorry but taking off work has never been a problem with me so I didn't take that into account.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 12:46:24 AM »
It was.  There are two pro shows in California, one pro show in Texas, one in Vegas, one in Ohio, one in Jersey, one in New York, one in Niagara Falls area.

They had one in Atlanta, did ok. They had one in Florida, did ok. They had one in North Carolina, did ok.

Shawn is going for a new demographic that just may give him the support that the bodybuilding and fitness community is looking for in Denver.

Denver is a mountain town.  Skiing, football and basketball are its main sports focus. You are right though just could be that hidden community of BB fanatics that have been waiting for a show like this so they can get out of the house.  Shawn cannot afford to do okay in this show.  What he is doing is very expensive and the way he is spending money without having money coming in to cover the costs make it seem that much more impossible to be a success. 

He is relaying on his attendance at a BB show to make up for the extra money being spent.  Ain't happening no way.  I know it all depends on how much in sponsorship money he raised.  But I still can't see how this show will come up anything short of $25,000- $40,000 in the hole.  I don't know allot of people who would support this show if it comes up short.  And he could have easily made it profiable big time if he was smart.  But he kept to his guns and now he'll suffer the consequences. 

I was the same way the first year.  My eyes were way bigger than they should have been.  And I lost.  But I did learn from my mistake.  The next year I lost less than $500.  And my show still cost close to $60,000. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 12:47:41 AM »
If you read I said I did it cause I wasn't in a hurry.  Of course its longer but it is beautiful and if you aren't in a hurry it is allot better.  From what you wrote you said sarcastically that why would anyone put on a show in Columbus, OH.  Last time I checked the Arnold is there.  And if you read and comprehended what I said is that Denver is ranked 9th with Nome being the only place worse is ranked 10th.  Now please don't make me grade you on everything. I hope this helps and please try to retain the explanations for next class.  And I am sorry but taking off work has never been a problem with me so I didn't take that into account.
::) You made the travel statement when we were talking about Denver not being a logical place because of the travel restrictions with Denver being located in the middle of nowhere.  That was the context of the argument you jumped into.  If you were not making a relevant statement to the argurment you should have said, "on a side note..."  I got that you took the trip because you had the time but you jumped into the debate context with the opening line that Amtrak is the best way to travel to Denver then explained your reason at the time for making the choice.  The Columbus OH comment was sarcasm.  Someone making fun of choosing Denver as a location for a show, go figure someone chose Columbus... GET IT ::) It in no way compares the shows themselves as YOU implied. "Denver, Denver, Denver.  Out of 10 locations ranks 9th after Nome Alaska."  Does this not say that Denver ranks 9th after Nome Alaska.  YES...  That makes Nome 8th in your statement and why I said I didn't want to see your top 7 choices.  You can't read what you wrote.  Clown...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:14 AM »
I'm making the trip to Denver.  I picked up a non-stop from Burbank for a little over $250 and the event hotel is very reasonably priced...$115/night, if my memory is correct. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2006, 02:23:14 AM »
Denver is a mountain town.  Skiing, football and basketball are its main sports focus. You are right though just could be that hidden community of BB fanatics that have been waiting for a show like this so they can get out of the house.

Well, being that I'm from here, and you're not... Let see, what could be wrong with your logic....  again...  MAY... SKI SEASON COMING TO AN END, oh yea, lots of football games going on in MAY... ::)  Basketball.... Games in Denver May... OVER OVER OVER!!!.... MELT... uhm, you really don't get Colorado.  We're into rock climbing, Mountain Biking Road biking...  Gyms are everywhere.  We always score a couple cities in the top fittest in the nation.  I could go on, boating, hiking, sportsman love Colorado PERIOD... Colorado is into everything fitness wise.  We're fitness nuts!!! That really describes Colorado.  Just about every other person you see is wearing sweats because they just left a gym or are heading for a workout.  Yea... your right... It sounds like a fking crappy place to have a bb and fitness show. ::)  I really think you're just a negative hateful person bitter and set to take your losses out on someone else.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2006, 05:53:45 AM »
i would have selected new orleans over denver

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »
My only comment... I like the ass in Tre's avatar ;D a lot!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2006, 07:04:57 AM »

Actually this will prove to have the same results.  And Beserk, you being from Denver now explains it all.  Thanks for supporting the negative comments about Denver unattentionally.  Just make sure you buy the general admission ticket and just sit in the front row to save money. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2006, 07:25:42 AM »
Actually this will prove to have the same results.  And Beserk, you being from Denver now explains it all.  Thanks for supporting the negative comments about Denver unattentionally.  Just make sure you buy the general admission ticket and just sit in the front row to save money. 
except for the built-in existing media coverage

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »
Just got off the phone with Rusty, and he's definitely NOT doing the Colorado Pro. His next contest will be the Olympia Wild Card--if it's held this year.

Rod ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2006, 05:19:01 PM »
There will no wild card this year...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2006, 07:06:13 PM »
My only comment... I like the ass in Tre's avatar ;D a lot!

LOL

That belongs to Ms. Machine...the original female bodybuilder schmoe (that is, she's a schmoe, but also female and a bodybuilder).

http://msmachine.blogspot.com/   

http://msmusclemachine.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »
There will no wild card this year...

oh, how the guilt will haunt you.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
Just got off the phone with Rusty, and he's definitely NOT doing the Colorado Pro. His next contest will be the Olympia Wild Card--if it's held this year.

Rod ;D

Thanks for the update. Case closed. Another 240 crusade "for the fans" all for nothing.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »
Thanks for the update. Case closed. Another 240 crusade "for the fans" all for nothing.

Hey lift, keep up the good work buddy.  If you used your connections and power "for the fans" instead of "For the company", you might make a difference, instead of just collecting a paycheck from the IFBB.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »

Monster ruining a good idea just to get one over on 240.  ::)
"Shut the F up and train"

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
Hey lift, keep up the good work buddy.  If you used your connections and power "for the fans" instead of "For the company", you might make a difference, instead of just collecting a paycheck from the IFBB.
10-4 good rubber ducky, I don't get a paycheck from the IFBB but thanks for playing. The show must go on with or without the 240 parade...

coloradoproshow.com
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2006, 10:40:31 PM »
10-4 good rubber ducky, I don't get a paycheck from the IFBB but thanks for playing. The show must go on with or without the 240 parade...

Remember, LIFT.  I'm available when you're ready to get on the map ;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:20 PM »
I never got this whole concept. If the guy wanted to be in the show, enter, go there and compete. What's the problem?