Author Topic: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use  (Read 8388 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »
I smoked a joint on Saturday evening.

For a while everything was more vibrant, more colorful, more exciting.

I couldn't stop smiling. I just wanted to go outside and be with nature.

Everything sounded more crisp, smelled more intense, felt more passionate.

I literally sat in my backyard for an hour and just pondered life; was i doing what i wanted? Was i living a fulfilling life?

Then i ate dinner, had sex with my GF and watched a movie. Slept like 8 hours.

NOW! If that is not detrimental to our society, i don't know what is. ;D

Sounds great. Cannabis gives a magical feel to the world for me. Like you are in a children's fairy tale  :D

Great for sex, it becomes a magic ritual. Amazing for music appreciation.  :D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »

Very envious, but glad you had a good time involving normal sex  ;D

Wish they would legalise edibles in the UK - but I don't see that happening any time soon  :'(

Oh yeah, sex is great on it. I just laid back and let her do all the work. :D

They just signed a bill here in NM to legalize it, but it's going to be a while before they implement it.

It's legal here for medical reasons, so i can get the really good stuff very easily. I usually eat edibles, but a guy at work gave me a fatty, so i did that. ;D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2021, 01:18:24 PM »
Sounds great. Cannabis gives a magical feel to the world for me. Like you are in a children's fairy tale  :D

Agreed on all points. I like listening to music when i'm high. It's like listening to something completely different.

I only get high once every few months. There is a chance i can get drug tested for work, but i know the cycle and typically get high right after someone gets a random test because i know it won't happen again for 3 months. ;)

My GF doesn't like it, just makes her fall asleep. More for me. ;D

Oh and food! It's tastes even more amazing. I used to smoke a lot in my 20's, it was great for relaxing after the gym and eating a huge meal.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:35 PM »
I smoked a joint on Saturday evening.

For a while everything was more vibrant, more colorful, more exciting.

I couldn't stop smiling. I just wanted to go outside and be with nature.

Everything sounded more crisp, smelled more intense, felt more passionate.

I literally sat in my backyard for an hour and just pondered life; was i doing what i wanted? Was i living a fulfilling life?

Then i ate dinner, had sex with my GF and watched a movie. Slept like 8 hours.

NOW! If that is not detrimental to our society, i don't know what is. ;D
There is a difference. It's how it affects certain people.

Mary Jane, can turn people into monsters.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »

Probably a troll post.

But MJ doesn't really turn people into monsters, in what way?   :D
What it can do is make some people a bit more retarded and like they aren't fully there, even when off the stuff. Heavy smokers. And it definitely does seem to increase the chance of starting to believe in conspiracy theories. When you're high you're more likely to start questioning everything.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2021, 02:43:26 PM »
Probably a troll post.

But MJ doesn't really turn people into monsters, in what way?   :D
What it can do is make some people a bit more retarded and like they aren't fully there, even when off the stuff. Heavy smokers. And it definitely does seem to increase the chance of starting to believe in conspiracy theories. When you're high you're more likely to start questioning everything.
One of the side affects of certain people is paranoia. Do the math.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »

Fuck off.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2021, 02:53:18 PM »
One of the side affects of certain people is paranoia. Do the math.

Okay yeah, it sounds plausible. So you're saying the paranoia manifests as violence? I'm not sure I'm really seeing that. More often it causes hippie syndrome, like believing in John Lennon's Imagine and loving everyone. Some have even said, perhaps in paranoid fashion, that authorities have been against MJ due to the pacifism it induces. Pot smokers don't feel like going to die in wars.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »
Okay yeah, it sounds plausible. So you're saying the paranoia manifests as violence? I'm not sure I'm really seeing that. More often it causes hippie syndrome, like believing in John Lennon's Imagine and loving everyone. Some have even said, perhaps in paranoid fashion, that authorities have been against MJ due to the pacifism it induces. Pot smokers don't feel like going to die in wars.
No, it manifests as questioning everyone else, when you are the problem.

That's paranoia.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2021, 04:58:29 PM »
Jizzos point is valid. It can trigger psychosis in those who are genetically more susceptible to it. You hear the odd story of a guy chopping up his parents heads off coz of some voice in head telling him they have the devil in them or something equally absurd.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2021, 05:25:28 PM »
Jizzos point is valid. It can trigger psychosis in those who are genetically more susceptible to it. You hear the odd story of a guy chopping up his parents heads off coz of some voice in head telling him they have the devil in them or something equally absurd.

This is exceedingly rare and not what marijuana restrictions are designed for.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »
This is exceedingly rare and not what marijuana restrictions are designed for.

Yeah it's pretty rare. One thing that's slightly more common is that it can turn some girls into freaks. Not the nice kinda freaks mind. Deviants would be more accurate..

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »
Yeah it's pretty rare. One thing that's slightly more common is that it can turn some girls into freaks. Not the nice kinda freaks mind.

I never drank regularly and just started using thc (I use that weird phrase because I stick to edibles) last year, and greenouts are seriously unpleasant. I  watched that Marvel Wandavision show and when the  townspeople were talking about how torturous it felt having the scarlet witch in their heads, I related it to having a greenout. That being said, I never fear I'm going to die from thc, and for that reason, wouldn't move on to anything stronger. I totally get how it could be a gateway drug, especially for teens and addictive personalities, but I am honestly so glad I was introduced to weed. It is such an enjoyable thing. I actually tried to pick up a  light drinking habit, but the sensation is not the same. I don't enjoy drinking.

My wife's been cool about me having this casual habit, but she won't join in with me so I can't weigh in on how it affects partners' behavior, but it makes sex incredible. My wife is a beautiful woman regardless, but when I'm high, it feels like I can't even comprehend how beautiful she is.  I watched the Godzilla movie high over the weekend, and the odd use of neon throughout it made me realize that it was probably made with stoners in mind, at least partially  ;D . It was truly terrible, but I had a blast. I don't watch a ton of tv, but I've sat through so much shitty stuff over the last few month that was amazing to watch because of weed.

And the realizations- it  has helped me just reevaluate how I interact with the world. For instance, one issue that it helped me see with my wife is that I communicate with her not just to convey information, but also to be perceived in a certain way. Like I want to be seen as the right one/the problem solver, so if she makes a suggestion that is as good or better than one I've made, I'll second guess it or even just repeat it in a questioning tone to try to make her second guess herself. That's a shitty way to treat your significant other, but it's something I had never even realized I did and I would say it led to an improvement in our relationship.

LOL I'll stop now, could ramble on forever. Not claiming weed is the key to a magical, perfect life, but I definitely bought into the villification of it when I was younger- even just 15 years ago I had a really negative opinion of weed smokers. I'm glad I have a more measure view of it now.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2021, 10:24:45 PM »
I've never smoked anything in my life, but am the worlds biggest proponent of edibles.  They make bad things seem not so bad.  Good things great.  Sex even better.  Food is incredible.  The only downside is that my eating is out of control once it kicks in. 

I recently watched Scent of a Woman while on an edible.  Had never seen it before but was familiar with all the Pacino soundbites.  My God, I almost laughed myself into a coma.  Hoooo-ahhhh!

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2021, 06:31:01 AM »

right! every night I roll a joint and walk my dogs for 2 hours and vibe out to music

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2021, 07:37:23 AM »
No, it manifests as questioning everyone else, when you are the problem.

That's paranoia.

No it isnt
Paranoid people are very aware of themselves and other people most of the time, occasionally they get things wrong, thats the paranoia.
And its a myth that all people suffering a bout of paranoia are in some way afraid

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2021, 08:01:30 AM »
All I know is the stoners from high school and college were low lives with no ambition.  I wonder if their use was connected to low ambition to succeed in a career?  Having never used it I wonder if I would have a different opinion if I did.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »
All I know is the stoners from high school and college were low lives with no ambition.  I wonder if their use was connected to low ambition to succeed in a career?  Having never used it I wonder if I would have a different opinion if I did.

You know you still can, just go ahead and eat an edible or roll a joint.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »
Yeah it's pretty rare. One thing that's slightly more common is that it can turn some girls into freaks. Not the nice kinda freaks mind. Deviants would be more accurate..

THC typically enhances a persons mental state.

It can make someone act more intense to a trait they already have.

People who are paranoid can typically become very paranoid on it.

When i was in college, we had this massive water bong. I took a huge rip off of it and felt like shit for about 3 hours. I was so high i didn't know what to do. That's the only bad experience i've had with weed.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2021, 11:59:35 AM »

It may have, or may have not.

I know doctors, lawyers, surgeons, architects, PhD students, professors, etc. That have smoked weed almost their entire lives.

It can make you lazy, but it doesn't prevent you from being successful. Ambition typically comes from within, it doesn't just happen.

Carl Sagan, one of the greatest astronomers who basically helped create the Voyager program for NASA, admitted a lot of his greatest ideas came from being stoned.

My dad's good friend was an engineering professor for Rice University, a very highly distinguished man. He helped define concepts of fluid dynamics and chemical treatment for pumping concrete vertically to build skyscrapers. This guy smokes weed every night. He's a brilliant man. You would never know it if you met him, but he's almost always high.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »

I know doctors, lawyers, surgeons, architects, PhD students, professors, etc. That have smoked weed almost their entire lives.

It can make you lazy, but it doesn't prevent you from being successful. Ambition typically comes from within, it doesn't just happen.

Carl Sagan, one of the greatest astronomers who basically helped create the Voyager program for NASA, admitted a lot of his greatest ideas came from being stoned.

My dad's good friend was an engineering professor for Rice University, a very highly distinguished man. He helped define concepts of fluid dynamics and chemical treatment for pumping concrete vertically to build skyscrapers. This guy smokes weed every night. He's a brilliant man. You would never know it if you met him, but he's almost always high.

So many pro athletes use as well.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2021, 12:38:42 PM »

Dear god - just admit you like being high. No need to pretend it is the reason for the theory of relativity, lol

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »

Dear god - just admit you like being high. No need to pretend it is the reason for the theory of relativity, lol

It has been demonized for too long.

Just spreading some truth. ;D