Author Topic: How many natty's squat over......  (Read 11235 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: How many natty's squat over......
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »
I was told not to count the sled

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »
as a freshman in highschool, at age 14, i did 455 in a powerlifting meet.  it was the only one i ever did, as i moved soon after to a school with no power lifting team.  sicne then, i've squatted over 600, completely natural.
right now i'm not really training due to a shoulder injury, but i'd say that at my current weight of about 200 at 5'10" i could still probably max around 5 plates.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 06:49:55 PM »
There is a world of difference when you start going deep.  I can barely walk this week from squatting deep for the first time.  I'm like an old man.  The guys that I trained with that were not going all the way down (they went to parallel), they are barely sore and have not squatted before. 

The other guy I made go deep is an invalid at the moment too.

I don't want to kill my knees though so is strapping a good idea?

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 06:59:48 PM »
ya i feel ya, when i go squat i always go deep as possible, it limits how much weight i can do but i feel it way more, i like to do 2 warm up sets then 4 sets of 4-6, i get cramps and can barly walk for at least 4 days after. so i usualy do legs on mon

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 04:32:12 PM »
Derik Farnsworth is said to have squatted over 800 pounds for reps...Lifetime natural, he wife stated many times that Derik has never even touched creatine or glutamine ect...All at a weight well below 190 pounds...Crazy strong...

If Derik squats 700 lbs for a single, he's extremely strong.

And no, he doesn't squat 800 lbs for reps.

How do I know?
Because I am guessing that Derik Farnsworth isn't the greatest squatter who ever walked this planet. And not even such a person could do it.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

HANAN

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
Personally for me it would mean more to ask "how many natties squat over 2.5 times their bodyweight and are not shorter than an oak tree stump."  And, "Was the powerlifting certified, Platz style, or the style of that dooshbag at the gym who stacked 5 plates on each side and  went down 3 inches while screaming like the half ton man on a diet of bean burritos and olestra?" 

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 12:59:41 AM »
Squats are a shitty test of strength. The bench and deadlift are far superior.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 05:35:10 AM »
When I was 17 I squated 485 for 2 good reps. I tried 505 but failed twice in getting the weight back up.
I benched 350 for 5 reps but failed again on 390. I didn't try any other weight. I wasn't really too worried about how much I benched, squated or lifted since I was bodybuilding, not powerlifting. Those lift was just too see how much I could do.

I've stopped for 5 years (university got in the way) but recently started the very long road back. Currently I can squat around 390-400 and bench about 280. a Very long way off to what I once could do, but I'm getting back there again and this time it's for life!!

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 08:28:18 AM »

Hey Tex, didn't you run a cycle? Not talking shit just curious brother.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 09:47:08 AM »
yes i did...i ran a cycle for about 2 and a half months of 500mg of test a week. Want to know what i've found out?  Unless you're gonna use it every so often or are gonna take stronger compounds to really benefit from it it's a waste of money....training like you mean it and eating like a gorilla give you the same results.

on a side note..i didn't start squatting til may which was about 3 months after my last shot...

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 01:29:06 PM »

;)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »
I could never squat 500 with my back the way it is..I think my spine would explode ;D ;D

I can leg press almost 900lbs for reps, I don't know if that's good or bad.
nasser=piece of shit

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 08:04:40 AM »
tha'ts a big leg press no matter how you look at it! is that your last set? single? or working rep range?

1300+ i think would be impressive for a natural.  There are only a few guys at the gym including the competing amatuer juicers that can do that....

my own working rep rangs is 990-1200 lbs...my last set ends with 8 reps of 1200

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
my (natural) friend who is 6ft 185, been lifting for one year, can put up 495 for one rep, i dont know where the strength comes from.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 01:37:16 PM »
tha'ts a big leg press no matter how you look at it! is that your last set? single? or working rep range?

1300+ i think would be impressive for a natural.  There are only a few guys at the gym including the competing amatuer juicers that can do that....

my own working rep rangs is 990-1200 lbs...my last set ends with 8 reps of 1200

I did 855 for reps last week...I think 6, not sure though, it's in my cool training journal...I'm gonna try 875 next time.
nasser=piece of shit

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »
poundages on leg press are always so ambiguous. For example, Dorian Yates, for reps, maxed out on the leg press at 1200lbs, but he took his knees all the way to his head. Ronnie did 2300lbs, with about half the range of motion. Both methods obviously worked.

My preference is to squat all the way to the floor, but on leg press to do like Coleman. I feel going farther down on leg press really puts you in a precarious position if you get stuck :P

Now, my gym has a standard cybex leg press. I have loaded it all the way with plates (10 per side) and then put 4 25s up on the top of the sled. I did this about 6 or 8 reps I believe. Now, compare that with my squat in that same session I did 300lbs for 4 reps with my ass to the floor.

A 300lb squat is hardly a feat, but if you hear 1000lb leg press that sounds much more impressive, when in reality it's not.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »
i did 485 at 196 pounds when i was natural in a power lifting meet...even had to pause at the bottom and almost fell over...lol

8)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 02:49:50 PM »
yes i did...i ran a cycle for about 2 and a half months of 500mg of test a week. Want to know what i've found out?  Unless you're gonna use it every so often or are gonna take stronger compounds to really benefit from it it's a waste of money....training like you mean it and eating like a gorilla give you the same results.

on a side note..i didn't start squatting til may which was about 3 months after my last shot...

I totally agree with Tex......you only do one cycle your essentially natural in my book.  I did the same cycle and actually dropped lower then when I started strengthwise after I finished it.  Big waste of time and like he said unless you to it regularly, one cycle is going to do more harm than any positive benefit........just my .02.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »

So you have chicken legs then.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »
So you have chicken legs then.

LOL........ 8)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2006, 07:05:27 PM »
what are u talking about? The Squat is the hardest out of the 3 movements.
follow the arrows