Author Topic: Me and My Bowflex  (Read 4039 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Me and My Bowflex
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2021, 07:25:00 AM »
Have you considered buying a bowflex?  It might make for a safer workout for you, all things considered.

Nope.  I just do not think much of that style of equipment.  This isn't to say that it doesn't work well, I just don't think I would put it to any real use.  I prefer traditional equipment.  I appreciate the suggestion, truly I do.  I think my older brother is considering something along the lines of the Bowflex for him and his wife.  I will have to ask him about it.  Thanks again!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2021, 10:40:14 AM »
Moneybags....not really. I pay $300 a month for them to keep my 10,000 sq ft. corner lot looking pristine. I do like it being the showplace of the neighborhood. All I need to do is be outside pulling a couple of weeds or just checking on how everything is doing and without fail a passing neighbor will call out from their car how beautiful the place looks. I have always been a glutton for compliments. ;D Plus, it is my one extravagance in life.

I do the same thing Prime. Keeps my place looking nice and is relatively cheap, considering how much his 2 man crew does.
I pay 'em extra for the annual pressure wash of the house exterior , deck paint touch , etc.

I'm on 5 wooded acres , so I only keep up the area around the house and down both sides of the driveway.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
Nope.  I just do not think much of that style of equipment.  This isn't to say that it doesn't work well, I just don't think I would put it to any real use.  I prefer traditional equipment.  I appreciate the suggestion, truly I do.  I think my older brother is considering something along the lines of the Bowflex for him and his wife.  I will have to ask him about it.  Thanks again!

I felt the same way ,until IFBB pro Brad Rowe posted about using one during the gym shut downs on another forum.
Bowflex will never fully replace the gym, but it's a lot better then you might think.

My suggestion is to buy a used one and then purchase  replacement "power rods" directly from the Bowflex website.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2021, 10:45:12 AM »
Good machine

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2021, 10:46:01 AM »
OK moneybags.  Stop bragging.   ;D
Me the gardener and the butler were talking one day, and the butler says to the gardener about our French chef...................   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »
A Bowflex and /or a treadmill usually make a great place to hang your clothes on when bought by most people.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2021, 02:38:16 PM »
so much space for one man on his own. why not be a good Lib & let some black people build some shacks on there?

That's not up to me. City codes disallow it.

What makes you think I am on my own (live alone)? At the moment, there is a full house with 4 generations which includes 5 adults, one infant and 3 dogs. If I were on my own, I'd likely move to a townhouse because this place is too big for one person. Association fees at many townhouse communities are considerably higher than what I am paying the gardener.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2021, 04:07:33 PM »
Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »

That is one heavy corned beef ass!  ;D
T

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2021, 12:16:18 PM »
That's not up to me. City codes disallow it.

What makes you think I am on my own (live alone)? At the moment, there is a full house with 4 generations which includes 5 adults, one infant and 3 dogs. If I were on my own, I'd likely move to a townhouse because this place is too big for one person. Association fees at many townhouse communities are considerably higher than what I am paying the gardener.

Pffft!  A shitty city that allows itself to be burned and looted on a nightly basis, that is in a state that has made meth and heroin legal for use is going to come after you for allow free-ranging negroes on your property?

Not unless you declare  yourself to be an FD (Founding Democrat) and thereby a slave owner. Then and only then will they come after you.  Maybe.  If only because you didn't pay for the permits yet.  FTN.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »

All that meat and no potatoes !!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »
All that meat and no potatoes !!

A few potentates though!

POSTERIOR OF PEACE!

Me and my Homoflex
Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2021, 01:46:15 PM »
Pffft!  A shitty city that allows itself to be burned and looted on a nightly basis, that is in a state that has made meth and heroin legal for use is going to come after you for allow free-ranging negroes on your property?

Not unless you declare  yourself to be an FD (Founding Democrat) and thereby a slave owner. Then and only then will they come after you.  Maybe.  If only because you didn't pay for the permits yet.  FTN.

That's all very interesting except I don't live in Portland. You must be thinking about someone else.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
Prime, we've both been posting here a long time.
GetBig was always filled with crazy posts and plenty of funny zingers.

Now, it's all about trying to "own" any poster you disagree with.
Some of that's expected and even funny, but too many zealots take it way too serious.

No biggy, hope you're healthy and enjoying YOUR earned retirement with family.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2021, 05:39:37 PM »
I prefer free weights over machines.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2021, 06:49:15 PM »
Prime, we've both been posting here a long time.
GetBig was always filled with crazy posts and plenty of funny zingers.

Now, it's all about trying to "own" any poster you disagree with.
Some of that's expected and even funny, but too many zealots take it way too serious.

No biggy, hope you're healthy and enjoying YOUR earned retirement with family.

Fuck off Howard, you come back here and fuck up the G&O with your idiotic, immature posts and threads. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2021, 05:35:01 AM »
That is one heavy corned beef ass!  ;D

Talk about ridin that Bowflex!
Q

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2021, 12:15:59 PM »
Talk about ridin that Bowflex!

Amen brother! Great minds think alike.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »
Fuck off Howard, you come back here and fuck up the G&O with your idiotic, immature posts and threads.

Hi Walt.  ;)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2021, 12:28:27 PM »
I prefer free weights over machines.

Bodybuilding related post reported
T