Author Topic: Definitely need more sleep as I get older  (Read 7277 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Definitely need more sleep as I get older
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »
I’ve always slept great but just seems need about 10 hours a day

Have you considered that the reason you are sleeping more is boredom and not age? With the shutdowns resulting from the pandemic, there is a lot less to do socially than we've been used to. That can lead to getting bored....and depressed. Depression is another reason some people sleep more than they probably need to.

You are still very young. If your age is the reason for you sleeping more hours, think how long you are going to have to sleep when you get to be my age. I sleep anywhere from 6 to 10 hours a night. Normally, 6-8 is enough for me to feel rested. I know that those extra hours are because, I don't have enough to do to keep busy. Supposedly, older folks tend to have less REM sleep because they are more likely to wake up several times during the night.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 03:25:21 PM »
I’ve always slept great but just seems need about 10 hours a day

How's your cock holding up these days?  Getbig could use some update photos.  No homo.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 03:33:22 PM »
How's your cock holding up these days?  Getbig could use some update photos.  No homo.

Chiming in here.....the bigger they are, the harder they fall (and can't get up). ;D No Homo X 2

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »
Q

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 05:49:49 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »

Kwon you`ve outdone yourself in this thread my friend.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 10:53:30 PM »
Have you considered that the reason you are sleeping more is boredom and not age? With the shutdowns resulting from the pandemic, there is a lot less to do socially than we've been used to. That can lead to getting bored....and depressed. Depression is another reason some people sleep more than they probably need to.

You are still very young. If your age is the reason for you sleeping more hours, think how long you are going to have to sleep when you get to be my age. I sleep anywhere from 6 to 10 hours a night. Normally, 6-8 is enough for me to feel rested. I know that those extra hours are because, I don't have enough to do to keep busy. Supposedly, older folks tend to have less REM sleep because they are more likely to wake up several times during the night.

IMO sleep is probably the most important variable to optimize for health, growth, fat loss, mental health, everything. I mean it's all important but if sleep is off you just can't compensate for it in other areas.

The best number of hours to sleep appears to be right around 7-8. Even an hour less has been shown to definitely affect things negatively, from insulin sensitivity to a million other things. As you start seeing increased hours of sleep it probably means there are things that are wrong. Someone sleeping 12 has a way higher mortality.

There is this "team no sleep" thing, guys who are "getting shit done" who have no time to sleep. But quality of your waking output takes a hit no matter what. Ronnie Coleman said he slept like 4 hours. Definitely not optimal, can't compensate with more more GH. Insulin sensitivity goes down, inflammation increases, and on and on.

I always felt I had a need for many hours of sleep, more than most, from childhood on. 10 or 12 hours if it's up to me, 10 hours at night and a 2 hour nap. Always loved napping :D
Maybe there's something wrong.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 12:43:31 AM »
IMO sleep is probably the most important variable to optimize for health, growth, fat loss, mental health, everything. I mean it's all important but if sleep is off you just can't compensate for it in other areas.

The best number of hours to sleep appears to be right around 7-8. Even an hour less has been shown to definitely affect things negatively, from insulin sensitivity to a million other things. As you start seeing increased hours of sleep it probably means there are things that are wrong. Someone sleeping 12 has a way higher mortality.

There is this "team no sleep" thing, guys who are "getting shit done" who have no time to sleep. But quality of your waking output takes a hit no matter what. Ronnie Coleman said he slept like 4 hours. Definitely not optimal, can't compensate with more more GH. Insulin sensitivity goes down, inflammation increases, and on and on.

I always felt I had a need for many hours of sleep, more than most, from childhood on. 10 or 12 hours if it's up to me, 10 hours at night and a 2 hour nap. Always loved napping :D

And maybe there is nothing wrong. We aren't robotons, people have varying physical requirements. I question whether it is normal to only sleep a couple of hours on an ongoing basis and still be able to function well. It is hard to tell whether age has any bearing on our need for a certain amount of sleep or not. My dog is very old. It seems like she sleeps more than she is awake. Humans aren't dogs. I have no idea if there is a correlation between species and the need for sleep. Like you, I find the occasional nap very refreshing.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2021, 01:30:09 AM »
some people can function well on 6 hours of sleep per night, I need a least 8 hours.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2021, 02:07:17 AM »

What you are saying all makes sense, but I read an article about very small percantage of people who can lead perfectly healthly lives with 4 hours of sleep.
They are genetic minority, and normally 7-8 hours seem to be the best for most.
I also believe, low weight, low calorie diet and low stress levels have direct  positive effect on sleep effiency.
Fasting/intermittent fasting and sleeping on an empty stomach definitely improves sleep quality and efficiency.
Also from my observation people with high testosterone, and high in competitive nature seem to sleep less, this may due to their hormones or personality traits.
I don't believe a true alpha state leader would sleep much with all the responsibility and possible threats.
One last thing, when you top level politician, it improves your health tremendously, all that power and social rewards have amazing positive effects on self esteem and longetivity.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2021, 02:23:57 AM »
some people can function well on 6 hours of sleep per night, I need a least 8 hours.
I need 8 as well but I break it up into 2 different periods.  It's called a biphasic sleep pattern.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2021, 03:48:48 AM »
Ungaying things a bit?

It happens...
Q

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 05:02:36 AM »

I'd wager Marty's cock looks more or less the same, but your desire to see it has not been stagnant!  :D  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2021, 05:14:32 AM »
You're still young to me  :D
I don't know any guy more ripped in the over 90 age group. ;D

On a serious note, here's to a long and fun life my friend!
Thanks Howard.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 05:24:52 AM »
I'd wager Marty's cock looks more or less the same, but your desire to see it has not been stagnant!  :D  ;D

I love the beauty that is in front of me and I feel that my life is long
because I enjoy beauty, a beautiful body and a feminine face represented by chocolate and cream.
Q

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2021, 05:38:19 AM »

God damn.That’s an ass.

On the sleep side of things,I’m lucky to get 2 hours a night.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2021, 06:39:30 AM »
God damn.That’s an ass.

Fuck that. That'll kill you, man. The 2 hours sleep, I mean.

I saw a so-so wrestling training vid but the guy made one excellent point: If you sleep 8 hours a night in 2021, you get sleep shamed, as if you're lazy or something.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 06:51:22 AM »
God damn.That’s an ass.

i should personally give you a beating for lying so much
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 06:51:39 AM »
Fuck that. That'll kill you, man. The 2 hours sleep, I mean.

I saw a so-so wrestling training vid but the guy made one excellent point: If you sleep 8 hours a night in 2021, you get sleep shamed, as if you're lazy or something.

Sleep-shamed, is that a new thing?

Q

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2021, 07:07:39 AM »
I sleep 6 hours tops I can't sleep past the sunrise

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
What you are saying all makes sense, but I read an article about very small percantage of people who can lead perfectly healthly lives with 4 hours of sleep.
They are genetic minority, and normally 7-8 hours seem to be the best for most.
I also believe, low weight, low calorie diet and low stress levels have direct  positive effect on sleep effiency.
Fasting/intermittent fasting and sleeping on an empty stomach definitely improves sleep quality and efficiency.
Also from my observation people with high testosterone, and high in competitive nature seem to sleep less, this may due to their hormones or personality traits.
I don't believe a true alpha state leader would sleep much with all the responsibility and possible threats.
One last thing, when you top level politician, it improves your health tremendously, all that power and social rewards have amazing positive effects on self esteem and longetivity.

Lots of interesting thoughts here.

Off hand I can't recall how food or lack thereof affects sleep but what subjectively happens when one is starving or cuts out carbs is that sleep seems to suffer. I know one way to get subjectively more pleasurable sleep is to have a lot of carbs close to bedtime.

When one artificially increases testosterone it usually increases sleep. But sure, for some the other way around. I know the more gear I take the more I sleep. Look at pro bodybuilders, they look like they are about to fall asleep all the time.

I'm not an alpha in any way but I'm wound tight with high anxiety. My doc said to me as a kid that I'm the type who in pre-modern times would guard the tribe from external threats lol. My sleep requirements have always been extremely high, abnormal even.

Arnold is the type who claimed he hardly slept, said he didn't want to miss out on everything life had to offer, he would sleep when he was dead. But I would sort of counter this, especially someone who took this as advice, that if everything we know says you suffer cognitively from too little sleep then the quality of those life experiences might suffer also.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2021, 09:10:24 AM »
Lots of interesting thoughts here.

Off hand I can't recall how food or lack thereof affects sleep but what subjectively happens when one is starving or cuts out carbs is that sleep seems to suffer. I know one way to get subjectively more pleasurable sleep is to have a lot of carbs close to bedtime.

When one artificially increases testosterone it usually increases sleep. But sure, for some the other way around. I know the more gear I take the more I sleep. Look at pro bodybuilders, they look like they are about to fall asleep all the time.

I'm not an alpha in any way but I'm wound tight with high anxiety. My doc said to me as a kid that I'm the type who in pre-modern times would guard the tribe from external threats lol. My sleep requirements have always been extremely high, abnormal even.

Arnold is the type who claimed he hardly slept, said he didn't want to miss out on everything life had to offer, he would sleep when he was dead. But I would sort of counter this, especially someone who took this as advice, that if everything we know says you suffer cognitively from too little sleep then the quality of those life experiences might suffer also.
At 41 I am in best shape of my life, thanks to intermittent fasting, or you can say by eating 2 meals a day.
My energy levels gone through the roof.
The reason is simple, digestion and insulin fluctuations diminish one's life energy.
When you eat less often, you produce more GH and you have much more stable blood sugar levels, and you spend less energy on digestion.
I also believe you can not force being a short sleeper.
Imagine a major general, high functioning, very competitive and demanding.
Have immense responsibility, very sharp with so much things to consider.
I believe you need to withstand pressure, lack of sleep to able to be a major general.
If you are not competitive, demanding, a kind of burning soul, you sleep like a baby.
I am also far from alpha, I enjoy good sleep, too agreeable and I am not burning with majestic goals.
Arnold was burning with incredible goals, I guess when you have potential and vision, it is like a self sustaining nuclear reaction.
But without tools you can have all the will power and ambition, but it won't cut it.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »

Not sure if you can un-h0mo a request for a c0ck pic?   ;D
T

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2021, 10:20:47 AM »
8 hours a day checking in.

However I don't seem to have 24 hour biological clock. The matrix must have glitched and I  seem to operate on a 25 hour cycle

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »
Not sure if you can un-h0mo a request for a c0ck pic?   ;D

Should have said asking for friends. 😉