Author Topic: Sleeping pills/supplement  (Read 2421 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Sleeping pills/supplement
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:52:44 PM »
Anyone have a good product to help me fall and stay asleep?  I know melatonin is used, but i would like your experiences.  I currently go to sleep at around midnight and wake up at 5:45 am.  generally i don't sleep through the night.  I sometimes take tylenol pm, but i need about four of those each time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Sleeping pills/supplement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:24:43 PM »
Anyone have a good product to help me fall and stay asleep?  I know melatonin is used, but i would like your experiences.  I currently go to sleep at around midnight and wake up at 5:45 am.  generally i don't sleep through the night.  I sometimes take tylenol pm, but i need about four of those each time.  Any help would be appreciated.
If you are drinking a lot of caffeine I'd cut that out now. I'd go ahead and cut all of it out.

As far as sleep aids, I don't recommend any...you will become too dependant.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »
Thanks, but i don't drink much caffeine.  Usually a soda at lunch and the occasional cup of coffee at breakfast.  I dont mind beoming dependent as long as i get some sleep, lol.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 04:16:59 PM »
Beuller? Beuller? Damn I was hoping to get more of a response.  I need sleep!

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »
GNC has a good herbal blend called NatraSleep

Works awesome!  Take 2 30 min before bed....you'll be knocked out and sleep through the night...no lie

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 05:36:03 PM »
Dyphenhydramine hcl (BENADRYL) or any other antihystimine...knock ya right out...same as tylenole pm except you are ONLY taking the sleep aid and not the acetomeniphine...which is hard on the liver .

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 06:37:46 PM »
ok now we are getting somewhere!  I have taken the standard sleeping pills, but again that usually takes four or five of them before i can feel anything. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »
Just a nature. Your body and mind will do this every so often, you can try warm showers and then right to bed, calming sleep teas, glass of warm milk, making sure that the room you sleep in is complete dark, and temp is lower than usual. Also dont read watch tv in bed only for sleep, your mind will keep thinking if you are in bed while watching tv and reading then all of sudden try to sleep, after all that, try some 5 htp to come down from stress. maybe you need to jerk it before going to bed that helps sometimes

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 08:51:42 PM »
Thanks, I've tried the warm showers, milk and total darkness.  Jerking it didn't help as much as I had hoped, but i believe in being diligent so I'm not ready to quit that yet, lol.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »
ok now we are getting somewhere!  I have taken the standard sleeping pills, but again that usually takes four or five of them before i can feel anything. 

chew them up...kinda harsh but not too bad.You will feel the effects much sooner.I don't know the risks of long term use of antihystemines like that...aside from the thinking that you can't sleep without em.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 04:00:21 PM »
I think i might pick up some natrasleep from GNC.  Thanks for the help.  If you guys think of anything else let me know.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 10:43:22 PM »
I've had a much deeper sleep when taking ZMA.  Haven't taken it in years and it didn't help me fall asleep, but the sleep once I got there was better. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 01:16:39 AM »
Migs,

You might want to consider trying valerian root extract (in liquid form). It's an all natural herbal tincture with no side effects. just a few drops in a small glass of water, and you experience a deep restful sleep awakening refreshed, without any grogginess. It's usually available in most herbal/heathfood shops.

Hope That Helps,
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »
Great, thansk so much for the information.  i was tied up today at a house closing so i wasn't able to get out and get any products.  i will go out tomorrow.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 08:28:29 PM »
So that liquid stuff works for you? Just seems like it would be to diluted to be of any use, as for your body actually breaking it down.
Also may want to search the net for relaxation techniques like picking a spot staring at it then slowly counting to 10 slowing your brain down, restlessnes might be a big problem with you considering your job, you might be thinking about showings or the people you have to call tommorow.... and things run to fast.

If you dont find natural remedies go to the doc and get some ambien, and prepare to sleep like a rock, try not to get the CR it doesnt knock you out, like the regular kind.
Hope you get some shut eye