Author Topic: Hard Questions for Anti-Evolutionists  (Read 19815 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Hard Questions for Anti-Evolutionists
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 06:41:46 AM »
That's not true, I-one, nor is it fair.

I know several liberals who believe in God.

There is a difference between believing in God and walking with Him. I just find it hard to believe that someone can say that they are a Christian yet have the belief that for example abortion an homosexuality are acceptable.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2006, 07:09:33 AM »
There is a difference between believing in God and walking with Him. I just find it hard to believe that someone can say that they are a Christian yet have the belief that for example abortion an homosexuality are acceptable.

Not all Liberals condone homosexuality or abortion.

There are also those that would never engage in those activities but believe in free will. Everyone has the right to succeed or fail based on their own decisions.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2006, 07:17:22 AM »
Not all Liberals condone homosexuality or abortion.

There are also those that would never engage in those activities but believe in free will. Everyone has the right to succeed or fail based on their own decisions.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a blanket statement. But I can say that MOST Liberals cannot be Christians.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »
Liberals cannot be Christians!!

Please explain, I'm curious to read your reasoning.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:55 AM »
Then refute it your own words right here!  no cutting and pasting either.

What don't you get about "I don't refute websites anymore"?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »
Still waiting for my questions to be answered.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »
What don't you get about "I don't refute websites anymore"?

You use websites to support your claims.  Why can't you refute a website?

What's the difference?  Facts are facts.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2006, 02:14:14 PM »
You use websites to support your claims.  Why can't you refute a website?

What's the difference?  Facts are facts.

I've explained this several times already. I only post websites as SOURCES to claims I make. I don't post entire websites as entire arguments like you're doing. I'm specific in posting the exact link to the study that defends my claim I make in my argument. There's a difference. Learn how to formate an argument yourself and stop trying to use websites as arguments.

I already explained why I don't refute copy-pasted articles or websites already also. The ones who post them never respond to them and just post more and more. I don't have time to refute websites posted by ignorant little monkeys who can't even defend them.

This is the last time i'll respond to you in this thread unless you answer the posted questions or respond to my prior posts about them.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »

I've explained this several times already. I only post websites as SOURCES to claims I make. I don't post entire websites as entire arguments like you're doing. I'm specific in posting the exact link to the study that defends my claim I make in my argument. There's a difference. Learn how to formate an argument yourself and stop trying to use websites as arguments.

I already explained why I don't refute copy-pasted articles or websites already also. The ones who post them never respond to them and just post more and more. I don't have time to refute websites posted by ignorant little monkeys who can't even defend them.

This is the last time i'll respond to you in this thread unless you answer the posted questions or respond to my prior posts about them.

Now were getting somewhere.....so just to get this straight, you read the sites as your reference, then put what the site references say and put them into your own words, and thats why you always say "these are my own words" when in reality there someone elses words you twist to make them yours?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »
Still waiting for my questions to be answered.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »
Mr. Intenseone,  Johnny is no longer going to answer unless you repsond scientifically to his post without using web site made by little ingonorant monkeys. 

You see,  if you don't play by his rules, he'll just take his toys and go home.

What he doesn't want to hear and acknowledge is any idea that says science may not be the answer to everything.  An idea like that might ruin everything he holds dear.  No different than the religious right not wanting to hear about science. 

I'm specific in posting the exact link to the study that defends my claim I make in my argument.

You see even if we do as he does...

Which i did.  I posted a set of exact links to the study that defends a claim.   They weren't my claims.  Like i said i don't believe the creationist point of view.   But i did post a site that refutes his claim.  And what does he do?  refuses to respond to it!  Citing some childish BS about how he'd been there and did that.  And how he won't go there.

But it won't matter.  He'll deny it's validity and in the end refuse to  talk about it.

I think what he really wants is to prove is everyone who talks to him here is NOT a scientist like he is and therefore should not talk abou things like this.   Sounds like some one needs a little recognition.

Well, no sh*t Johnny.  I'm not a scientist.  But, I have common sense that's not clouded by arrogance.

Again  Johnny,  what you are speaks so loudly i can't hear what you are saying.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »

What he doesn't want to hear and acknowledge is any idea that says science may not be the answer to everything.  An idea like that might ruin everything he holds dear.  No different than the religious right not wanting to hear about science. 

Hey I'm not against science, without science we still might be stuck in the stone age. But what Johnny doesn't quite understand is that is was science that led to the discoveries that we believe!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
Hey I'm not against science,

I Don't think you are.  I talking about the religious right as a political movement that is against things like teaching the theory of evolution in schools.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
Yawn...

I rest my case.

Those who deny evolution can't even answer a few simple questions concerning Creationism/Evolution.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
I've been following this thread for a while, but for obvious reasons have chosen not to respond. I understand Johnny Apollo's frustration. It's pointless to keep refuting people who copy and paste websites. They usually don't understand what they are trying to refute and will just continue to copy and paste more bullshit. It's a vicious never ending cycle of stupidity. I believe what Johnny has been asking for this whole time is to paraphrase what you read from sources. To give you an example, imagine you are writing a research paper for an english class. You wouldn't copy and paste from a website, would you? No. It's okay to use sources for material as long as you cite them in your references. However, you are supposed to paraphrase what you read. I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain this any simpler. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand how to paraphrase.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
I've totally understood that from the beginning.  But i don't have time to do the research needed to debate scientific points and their validity with Johnny.

And for the most part i agree with common decent to certain points.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »
I've totally understood that from the beginning.  But i don't have time to do the research needed to debate scientific points and their validity with Johnny.

If you can't do what I asked in the start of the thread then don't waste space by doing what I asked you NOT to do.

Even a 5th grader can understand that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
It's not "can't", It's, I "Choose" not to.  Just as i "choose" to "waste space" on your thread by bringing out your character more and more.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2006, 05:18:23 PM »
It's not "can't", It's, I "Choose" not to.  Just as i "choose" to "waste space" on your thread by bringing out your character more and more.
Got the from Erinie V. Huh?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2006, 05:41:12 PM »
Got the from Erinie V. Huh?

lol  no.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2006, 02:51:18 AM »
If my uncle is really a monkey, why is there a complete absence of transitional fossils?  Logically, if every species evolved from some single-cell creature (or whatever), there would be a plethora of transitional fossils, particularly if we have fossils that are thousands (or as some argue) millions of years old.

I was shocked to learn as I got older that the "ape men" we see in museums are all made up.  Maybe they're all buried in the same tar pit.    :)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2006, 04:27:50 AM »
If my uncle is really a monkey, why is there a complete absence of transitional fossils?  Logically, if every species evolved from some single-cell creature (or whatever), there would be a plethora of transitional fossils, particularly if we have fossils that are thousands (or as some argue) millions of years old.

There is no absence of transitional fossils between humans and their distant primate ancestors.

Ardipithecus ramidus
Australopithecus anamensis
Australopithecus afarensis
Australopithecus africanus
Australopithecus garhi
Paranthropus aethiopicus
Paranthropus boisei
Paranthropus robustus
Homo habilis
Homo rudolfensis
Homo ergaster
Homo erectus
Homo heidelbergensis
Homo neanderthalensis
Homo sapiens

Everything inbetween is an extinct transitional. And this is just a list of KNOWN fossils in the primate family.

In fact we do have a "plethora" of transitional fossils.

I was shocked to learn as I got older that the "ape men" we see in museums are all made up.  Maybe they're all buried in the same tar pit.    :)

You're claiming all of the fossils in the Smithsonian are "made up"? Explain that.

BTW you didn't answer any of my questions in the first post. All you did was fabricate strawmen and show your ignorance of basic science.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 02:23:20 PM »

BTW you didn't answer any of my questions in the first post. All you did was fabricate strawmen and show your ignorance of basic science.

Now see, you were doing good till the last sentence.  Now I have to ignore this one.   :)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2006, 09:13:24 PM »
Now see, you were doing good till the last sentence.  Now I have to ignore this one.   :)

Looking for an excuse to get out of an argument you have no possible chance of winning...

Either answer the questions I asked in the first post(The point of this thread) or don't post in it.

Pretty simple.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2006, 02:47:20 AM »
Now where is that yawn icon . . . . Guess I have to use this one:   ::)  (Although I do tell my son that eye-rolling is for sissies.  I better stop using that one.)