Author Topic: Too much vitimans  (Read 3696 times)

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
Too much vitimans
« on: April 22, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
Hey,

Im just curious if you can have too much vitimans in your system if it can harm or have any ill side efects, ive heard it both ways on this so im just curious on your opinions.

Obviously there is no way to regulate everything so you only hit 100% of recomended intake, but how much is too much?

Right now im takin multi vitimans, and I drink these juice boxes for lunch called "Vita Burst" I take 4 of them a day and they each have between 25-40% of "recomended intake" from about 10-15 (give or take a few) different vitimans. The juice is actually delicious but thats besides the point...

Is there certain vitimans you should no over do, or does it really effect anything if you are taking too many?

Thanks in advance,
X

D-Jay

• Getbig II
Re: Too much vitimans
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »
It would take very "extreme" amounts of some vitamins to "overdose."    Namely the fat-soluble vitamins A D E and K. 

However, most information shows that even with large dosages, it would take a longer amount of time to do any harm.  The amounts needed to do this are actually quite ridiculous. 

Keep drinking your juice boxes and taking your vits...provided you didn't buy the vitamins at a jewel osco or walgreens...in which case they are probably rubbish, and you are in danger.......of wasting your money

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »
Wow quick reply... I barely finished writing that.

I figured it was nothing but might as well ask, like I said I have heard it both ways and figured you can't be too carefull..

Like people always say, you can't have too much of a good thing eh?

One more question, why then is the "recomended intake" that is on the package of everything in "%"... I guess thats meant to be a miniumum rather than a guideline... Even before I started taking vits I felt the same, I don't know if they do anything.

X

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:01:02 PM »
the excess will come out when you pee!
big or bust

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 10:24:47 AM »
The 'Recommended Daily Allowance' listed on most packaging refers, in most cases...I believe...to the amount your body actually needs daily to stay out of a vitamin deficiency state. 

Vitamin C I believe is 60mg...the amount needed daily to prevent deficiency and scurvy.

Most people nowadays get much more than this amount of vitamin C, but there aren't many people dying due to vitamin C overdoses..

Further, the RDA is a standard number based on an average, sedentary individual.  There is evidence out there to suggest that athletes may benefit from using more than the RDA dosages.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 10:30:59 AM »
Vitamin C I believe is 60mg...the amount needed daily to prevent deficiency and scurvy.

Most people nowadays get much more than this amount of vitamin C, but there aren't many people dying due to vitamin C overdoses..

Too much Vitamin C will give you the shits. I'm talking 5000+mg's. I experimented on myself & was able to take 10000mg before I noticed that though.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »
Vitamin C is probably the safest substance you can put in your body. As D-jay pointed out, the worst thing you'll get is a bit of diarrhea. Much has been written and praised about this vitamin, and it's used as anti viral medication in mega doses.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »
I don't know if you count throwing up as a side effect, but it took awhile for my stomach to adjust.  Here's what I'm taking in terms of vitamins/minerals/herbs: fish oil, green tea, kelp, chromium picolinate, CLA, magnesium, zinc. lecithen, vitamin c, calcium, tribulus/avena sativa, papaya enzyme, alpha lipoic acid, yohimbe, B6, cinammon, milk thistle.  No ill effects to report.