Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1546627 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #25325 on: January 31, 2023, 05:40:52 AM »
I am absolutely going to qualify for the Arnold 2024 I will be a competitor on the main stage with a backstage competitor wrist band to the entire expo and all the competitions and events. I will meet all the pro bodybuilders and strongmen and powerlifters  not as just a fan but as a fellow Arnold classic competitor. You have fun at some rinks dink British thing I am going to compete at the Arnold next year

WOW....this is the 2nd or 3rd time you talk about a competitors wrist band.  Seriously??  That's your motivation?  You're like all the douche bags in contests I have been in from bodybuilding to crossfit where they get their dicks hard because of the 'swag bag' bullshit stuff. 

Piece of advice...don't be running up to them all fan-boyish and ask for selfies.  It irritates the fuck out of them.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #25326 on: January 31, 2023, 05:51:11 AM »
WOW....this is the 2nd or 3rd time you talk about a competitors wrist band.  Seriously??  That's your motivation?  You're like all the douche bags in contests I have been in from bodybuilding to crossfit where they get their dicks hard because of the 'swag bag' bullshit stuff. 

Piece of advice...don't be running up to them all fan-boyish and ask for selfies.  It irritates the fuck out of them.

Are you serious Dudes are going to be running up asking for pics with me

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #25327 on: January 31, 2023, 05:57:20 AM »
You can’t strict curl 166.5lbs you know it I know it so whatever

You can't squat 225x15 or 365 without blowing out a bicep....you know, I know it, the whole board knows it.

You can't snatch 200lbs.  The snatch is one of the most technical lifts there is.  Strength, skill, mobility, and speed.  All of which you are lacking.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #25328 on: January 31, 2023, 05:58:48 AM »

All of your Grindr fans will be there??

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #25329 on: January 31, 2023, 06:00:39 AM »

LOL - maybe the gay schmoes but thats it. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #25330 on: January 31, 2023, 06:47:41 AM »
Lifting straps are a must for back training otherwise grip strength limits development of a much larger muscle group.

I'm not convinced of this.

I used them for RDL's, but once I shitcanned straps for good on any back stuff over a decade ago, I've never had issues. Grip caught up fast.
Y

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #25331 on: January 31, 2023, 07:05:29 AM »

You mean the police?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #25332 on: January 31, 2023, 07:23:03 AM »

I used them for RDL's, but once I shitcanned straps for good on any back stuff over a decade ago, I've never had issues. Grip caught up fast.

I think "it depends".

I never used them for the longest time. After 25 years of IT/Desk job, the carpal thing I used to laugh at, became reality.
I now use them for some back training so my grip doesnt give out first. When I get to 315 in DL, I put them on.
Rows and stuff, I'll use them. Ive been doing some kind of grip training for almost 3-decades, so my grip is good.

It's just that carpal pain can get in the way.
Those who might have a weak grip, can use straps, and then train their grip until it comes up to par.
Plus its fun and its own training genre. Thick bar stuff, pinch grip, wrist rollers, grippers, blobs, etc.
Always enjoyed grip-training stuff...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #25333 on: January 31, 2023, 07:25:14 AM »
This guy is jealous of the attention Bhanks is getting so he’s is trying extra hard to engage.
And You sound like a guy who is just trolling. What was the issue with my quote? Natural water isn't  the best hydration method we have out there, these days.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25334 on: January 31, 2023, 07:26:45 AM »
I think "it depends".

I never used them for the longest time. After 25 years of IT/Desk job, the carpal thing I used to laugh at, became reality.
I now use them for some back training so my grip doesnt give out first. When I get to 315 in DL, I put them on.
Rows and stuff, I'll use them. Ive been doing some kind of grip training for almost 3-decades, so my grip is good.

Those who might have a weak grip, can use straps, and then train their grip until it comes up to par.
Plus its fun and its own training genre. Thick bar stuff, pinch grip, wrist rollers, grippers, blobs, etc.

Carpal tunnel is starting to mess me up as well my right wrist is having issues from using the mouse all day

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #25335 on: January 31, 2023, 07:30:18 AM »
Carpal tunnel is starting to mess me up as well my right wrist is having issues from using the mouse all day

I used to think "how bad could a keyboard injury be", but it's a weird one.
Aging, fun times... >:(

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #25336 on: January 31, 2023, 07:32:11 AM »

LOL, you are falling apart.

Do you think you are the only person on the forum that works or uses a mouse?

You are just getting the excuses lined up.

Here is some help.

https://www.webmd.com/

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25337 on: January 31, 2023, 07:36:25 AM »
LOL, you are falling apart.

Do you think you are the only person on the forum that works or uses a mouse?

You are just getting the excuses lined up.

Here is some help.

https://www.webmd.com/

Why are you here we know you didn’t lift today or yesterday and won’t tomorrow either you are just a troll you don’t even lift

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #25338 on: January 31, 2023, 07:37:45 AM »
Straps are for weak men. 

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #25339 on: January 31, 2023, 07:43:46 AM »
Why are you here we know you didn’t lift today or yesterday and won’t tomorrow either you are just a troll you don’t even lift

I'm sure the curling has nothing to do with your carpel tunnel.

You may want to let John know your wrist is hurting for obvious reasons. 

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #25340 on: January 31, 2023, 07:46:24 AM »
Straps are for weak men.

Nah, I dont buy it.
Got some 700 lb. deadlifters at our gym. Just because they use straps, far from weak. Their 405 raw bench also shows "not weak".
Weak people are the ones one put on straps and cant DL 315...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #25341 on: January 31, 2023, 08:11:40 AM »
I think "it depends".

The injury angle I totally get.

I actually make a point to never use on DL.....and my reasoning might be pure bullshit - I believe if I'm making my body lift something off the ground that I can't really lift, it will make me more prone to injury.
Y

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #25342 on: January 31, 2023, 08:17:37 AM »
Straps are for weak men.

I should be okay then...

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #25343 on: January 31, 2023, 08:20:39 AM »

I actually make a point to never use on DL.....and my reasoning might be pure bullshit - I believe if I'm making my body lift something off the ground that I can't really lift, it will make me more prone to injury.

overloading is a real and valid training principle though, reverse bands are another one that allows you to lift more than you could raw and it's hella beneficial

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #25344 on: January 31, 2023, 08:24:57 AM »
Because your grip goes does that really mean you can't or shouldn't lift it? Surely if it's too heavy you ain't moving it regardless..

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #25345 on: January 31, 2023, 08:27:18 AM »

This is how I've always thought of it as well at least for strength or "powerbuilding" (nh) purposes.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #25346 on: January 31, 2023, 08:36:59 AM »
you can always hook grip if you dont mind mangling your thumbs

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #25347 on: January 31, 2023, 08:39:23 AM »

overloading is a real and valid training principle though, reverse bands are another one that allows you to lift more than you could raw and it's hella beneficial

I'm sure it is.  I trust your opinion inherently on this subject.

If I was a competitive lifter I would employ it.

But I'm not, so not pushing myself into that realm.
Y

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #25348 on: January 31, 2023, 09:20:00 AM »

I feel the same way.   I rarely use them except when working on clean or snatch pulls at above 100% of 1rm for those lifts.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #25349 on: January 31, 2023, 09:26:17 AM »
I think "it depends".

So many desk job people suffer from it and most ortho surgeons want to cut the fuck out of people's wrists.  I believe it still is the surgery with the highest failure rate and the one that is the most repeated.

Gotta track that stuff to elbow, shoulder, and even neck.  Not just focus on the wrist.  Resolving that stuff can take a LONG time.   Something people do not want to hear.