Author Topic: 2021 nat. strong man contest  (Read 4806 times)

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
Re: 2021 nat. strong man contest
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2021, 10:28:16 PM »
My legs and back are stronger than they were in college when I would squat 405 for 5-6 reps I simply don't squat anymore but yes absolutely I could put 4 plates on each side of the bar and do a squat if I wanted. At one point I could bench 225 for about 35 reps but yes with a torn pec I am not doing that anymore but I am still strong I just have an injury I wrestled for years I would absolutely throw someone around I am very strong but not I am not one rep maxing trying to test old injuries. I have also incline pressed 315 for 6 without a spot

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2021, 10:36:46 PM »
You can't be 180lbs of solid muscle and 40lbs of undigested food and not be strong how fucking dumb are you people

fixed

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »
This is actually a good time to talk about training. You don't need to break your bones to get strong. You can absolutely get strong doing godamn calisthenics and not using weights at all. Weights are merely tools not goals. The goal is to work the muscle not move the weights. But yes absolutely if you work and develop the muscle you will be able to move more weight. However you can get bigger and stronger training properly with moderate weights vs slinging around as much as you can. Avoiding injury is also crucial to long term gains. Everyone thinks they need to move as much weight as possible to grow that is simply not true. As you get older you learn to train differently. But you know when you are trained and how much muscle you are carrying. I am trained and 220lbs. I am going to be approx the same strength at a trained 220lbs as I always am at a trained 220lbs whether I got here doing single reps or sets of 20 trained muscle is trained muscle. You are going to be approx the same strength at size regardless of your training style

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2021, 10:43:55 PM »
fixed

40lbs of undigested food really? I have fucking shredded abs where am I hiding this 40lbs of undigested food? Just nonsense a trained lean physique is a strong physique how the fuck you people don't get that is beyond me

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2021, 10:47:32 PM »
This is actually a good time to talk about training. You don't need to break your bones to get strong. You can absolutely get strong doing godamn calisthenics and not using weights at all. Weights are merely tools not goals. The goal is to work the muscle not move the weights. But yes absolutely if you work and develop the muscle you will be able to move more weight. However you can get bigger and stronger training properly with moderate weights vs slinging around as much as you can. Avoiding injury is also crucial to long term gains. Everyone thinks they need to move as much weight as possible to grow that is simply not true. As you get older you learn to train differently. But you know when you are trained and how much muscle you are carrying. I am trained and 220lbs. I am going to be approx the same strength at a trained 220lbs as I always am at a trained 220lbs whether I got here doing single reps or sets of 20 trained muscle is trained muscle. You are going to be approx the same strength at size regardless of your training style

You would be under 175 lbs without the drugs you’re taking.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »
You would be under 175 lbs without the drugs you’re taking.

Your Aunt would be your Uncle if she had a dick. I live in the real world I weigh 220lbs. I have not been 175lbs since I was a teenager 25 years ago. I was 170lbs at 17. I was 205lbs when I was 19 and 220lbs by 21 years old. I got back down to 205lbs when I entered the Army after college. I was 225lbs when I got out of the Army 3 years later. I would be dead if I tried to drop to 175lbs now

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2021, 10:59:26 PM »
bhank please squat 405 on video to shut us all up. You say you can so do it

"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2021, 11:03:41 PM »
bhank please squat 405 on video to shut us all up. You say you can so do it

My knees are feeling better than they have in years. Why because I have been training smart. I do not have a setup space to squat in my home gym. I am also making leg gains not squatting and my knees feel great. But I do plan to go the club and train legs there tomorrow. They have a leg press. I may try some squats. But I can tell my quads are bigger and stronger now than they have ever been I don't need to squat to know that. I am absolutely stronger in the legs now than I have ever been. Does that mean my patella tendon is going to hold up from heavy squatting I don't know. But I squatted 405 for 6 reps when I had a lot less muscle on the legs I feel extremely confident I could get at least one now

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2021, 11:23:09 PM »
I would throw you around like a child you people couldn't be dumber if you think I am not strong

I'm not a woman you cunt.

I'd stomp your puny ass into the ground like a tent stake.

Go beat your girlfriend phaggot.

You are better at that.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2021, 11:24:19 PM »
I'm not a woman you cunt.

I'd stomp your puny ass into the ground like a tent stake.

Go beat your girlfriend phaggot.

You are better at that.

I have seen your post you are 200lbs you are not big and not trained I would ragdoll you

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2021, 11:27:09 PM »
I have seen your post you are 200lbs you are not big and not trained I would ragdoll you

Says the "guy" who tore a pec wrestling a 40 pound plastic door on his vette that is ex-wife leaned on.

I'd knock your head off in 30 seconds.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2021, 04:22:31 AM »
Bhanky is immensely strong.

He can squat and press huge weights but only works out with very light weights and never lifts heavy.

Bhanky is Wolverine.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2021, 05:16:31 AM »
Says the "guy" who tore a pec wrestling a 40 pound plastic door on his vette that is ex-wife leaned on.

I'd knock your head off in 30 seconds.

Really do you have any training or experience knocking anyone head off? I have competed for and trained decades in such activities. You wouldn't stay on your feet 20 seconds

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2021, 05:40:56 AM »
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIII................ .............ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
 ::)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2021, 05:49:41 AM »
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.............................ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
 ::)

Not trying to make this about me but when someone makes a stupid comment claiming I am not strong it is ridiculous you can’t be 220lbs all muscle and not be strong. I know my current training and condition I am strong as hell right now

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2021, 06:03:37 AM »
You are probably strong I don`t see why you would be weak,but there is no way you can squat 405 at this moment.

I have squatted with 405 for a one rep max below paralell,  but I was coniderably lighter than you are, but for me to say I could do it right now after not training for years,nevermind not squatting, would just be a fucking dumb statement on my part.

I have no clue just exactly how long you haven`t done any squats but once you stop doing a movement for lengthly periods of time,you just aren`t going to equal your best ever efforts today.

Besides,your knees are injured so I would re-think my claim to being able to presently do the 405.

USE IT,OR LOSE IT!!

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2021, 06:12:19 AM »
Not trying to make this about me but when someone makes a stupid comment claiming I am not strong it is ridiculous you can’t be 220lbs all muscle and not be strong. I know my current training and condition I am strong as hell right now

You’re a fucking joke.

You will never be anything more than a gimmick account trying to drive site traffic.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2021, 06:19:38 AM »
You are probably strong I don`t see why you would be weak,but there is no way you can squat 405 at this moment.

I have squatted with 405 for a one rep max below paralell,  but I was coniderably lighter than you are, but for me to say I could do it right now after not training for years,nevermind not squatting, would just be a fucking dumb statement on my part.

I have no clue just exactly how long you haven`t done any squats but once you stop doing a movement for lengthly periods of time,you just aren`t going to equal your best ever efforts today.

Besides,your knees are injured so I would re-think my claim to being able to presently do the 405.

USE IT,OR LOSE IT!!

You want to make a wager I can absolutely hit a 405 for a single right now. I am taking a car and furniture delivery this morning. Then I have a dentist at noon and a 4pm T time. I will try and do some squats between 2-4 I will probably just do 315 for a couple reps today and see how it feels. I don't need to train with more than 225 to get results. You don't need to go heavy to get your legs to grow I have learned that. But my legs have grown they are stronger than they have ever been.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2021, 06:23:41 AM »
You’re a fucking joke.

You will never be anything more than a gimmick account trying to drive site traffic.

Don't forget I am the guy that is large and shredded and willing to post proof everyday the rest of you just claim to be in shape

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2021, 06:26:48 AM »
WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOT A CONTEST BUT RECREATION AT A FAT FARMMMMMMMMMMM

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2021, 06:39:29 AM »
You want to make a wager I can absolutely hit a 405 for a single right now. I am taking a car and furniture delivery this morning. Then I have a dentist at noon and a 4pm T time. I will try and do some squats between 2-4 I will probably just do 315 for a couple reps today and see how it feels. I don't need to train with more than 225 to get results. You don't need to go heavy to get your legs to grow I have learned that. But my legs have grown they are stronger than they have ever been.
By all means use a weight that makes you work hard enough to make inroads to gains.....doesn`t have to be the 405 squat that you definitely cannot do today or any day soon bro....I KNOW this for a fact because I just do....also 315 for reps,possibly, but they wont be paralell or below paralell,no wager,just bet yourself and lose,I know I`m right and seeing you fail would be fun,I just don`t care that much about it actually.

Just because your legs may be growing,which no one else here sees except you,doesn`t mean that will equate to a big squat number if you have done no squatting.

Try convincing someone else who knows zippo about lifting,not me who has been training and competing since you were a tiny baby.

I was a competitive powerlifter in the early to mid 1970` dude,I know you cant do the 405 or 315 for reps without training the actual lift itself for quite a while and then you still have no clue how your adamantium kneecaps are gonna` respond....OR NOT RESPOND.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2021, 06:43:06 AM »
Don't forget I am the guy that is large and shredded and willing to post proof everyday the rest of you just claim to be in shape
You are cut,but you don`t look anywhere near the 220 pounds that you claim.

No hate just facts.....you look small for a guy that suppoedly weighs that much but you do look good for a guy weighing 180 pounds......props!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2021, 07:23:47 AM »
You are cut,but you don`t look anywhere near the 220 pounds that you claim.

No hate just facts.....you look small for a guy that suppoedly weighs that much but you do look good for a guy weighing 180 pounds......props!!

I haven't been 180lbs since I was a teenager fucking nonsense. I have proved my weight a 100 times to this board. I nearly died cutting to light heavy. I was as heavy as 238lbs a couple months ago. I dropped back down to 220 as I feel better at this weight less bloated

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »
I haven't been 180lbs since I was a teenager fucking nonsense. I have proved my weight a 100 times to this board

Good point.

How do you define strong?
Are you saying you'e strong compared to the average untrained man?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2021, 07:33:09 AM »

Skip the dentist and go to the GI doctor.