Author Topic: Jan 6 update  (Read 34103 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Jan 6 update
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2022, 02:16:16 PM »
Logic would also state that people who are carrying and have fewer or no symptoms (like the vaccinated are claimed to be) are more likely to spread it since they are not staying home and are out and about.

This presumes compliance (staying home and masking when in a store, social distancing etc..) by those that are unvaccinated and we know that's not happening...for the most part

Best bet is to get vaccinated/boosted and follow social distancing and masking and let the unvaccinated take the brunt of the wave, getting more sick and dying.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »
This presumes compliance (staying home and masking when in a store, social distancing etc..) by those that are unvaccinated and we know that's not happening...for the most part

Best bet is to get vaccinated/boosted and follow social distancing and masking and let the unvaccinated take the brunt of the wave, getting more sick and dying.

Do you have data on the first statement?  Seems like a projection or generalization.

For the second, the best bet is to concentrate on you and your families overall metabolic health and well being, and have a discussion with your doctor on to whether the vaccine is right for you. The vaccine may be the right move for some, but not for others.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:01 PM »
Logic would also state that people who are carrying and have fewer or no symptoms (like the vaccinated are claimed to be) are more likely to spread it since they are not staying home and are out and about.

Maybe. It is possible for someone who is vaccinated to contract COVID, but usually with fewer symptoms. Supposedly, fewer symptoms also means they are likely less contagious. Some may not be staying at home, as you suggest, but others are.

My grandson and his fiancé felt ill earlier this week. Concerned that it could be COVID even though they are both vaccinated, they stayed home from work and wore masks around the house so as not to spread the virus to the rest of us. Fortunately, they had the flu and not COVID.

Seems like this one is a bit of a coin toss at the moment 'Now, evidence suggests that about one in five infected people will experience no symptoms, and they will transmit the virus to significantly fewer people than someone with symptoms. But researchers are divided about whether asymptomatic infections are acting as a ‘silent driver’ of the pandemic.'

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03141-3

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:37 PM »
Do you have data on the first statement?  Seems like a projection or generalization.

For the second, the best bet is to concentrate on you and your families overall metabolic health and well being, and have a discussion with your doctor on to whether the vaccine is right for you. The vaccine may be the right move for some, but not for others.

I used the exact same logic that you did when you made your statement

I agree with your second paragraph but compliance with that will be even more difficult than convincing that same group to get vaccinated. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2022, 02:37:37 PM »
I used the exact same logic that you did when you made your statement

I agree with your second paragraph but compliance with that will be even more difficult than convincing that same group to get vaccinated.

I'm not sure it's  the same thing, but fine. You're kind of assuming behavior attributed to someone's stance on the vaccine, I was making an assumption based on normal overall behavior of being sick.  But it's fine..no need to further discuss.

Yes, agree on second. I've told people I know there's no free ride. If you choose not be vaccinated, you should change your behaviors.  In other words, you can't pretend it doesn't exist, you have to confront it one way or the other.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2022, 02:43:15 PM »
I'm not sure it's  the same thing, but fine. You're kind of assuming behavior attributed to someone's stance on the vaccine, I was making an assumption based on normal overall behavior of being sick.  But it's fine..no need to further discuss.

Yes, agree on second. I've told people I know there's no free ride. If you choose not be vaccinated, you should change your behaviors.  In other words, you can't pretend it doesn't exist, you have to confront it one way or the other.

I'm assuming that the most of the unvaccinated don't follow masking or social distancing protocols and will be very contagious and dangerous to everyone unless they are so sick that they are bedridden.

I'm drawing that conclusion based on the comments by the unvaccinated/anti-vax people on this board most of whom are dismissive of all protocols (masking, social distancing, vaccines)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »

If you believe what many antivax/anti-COVID folks on Getbig post about how they conduct themselves in public, i.e. no mask, no vaccine and presumably not too concerned about social distancing, it supports what Straw posted in his first paragraph.

It is probably a good idea to check with your doctor prior to getting the vaccine if you have concerns. CDC published information coupled with the lengthy questionnaire one fills out before each COVID vaccine should offer a good indicator as to whether the vaccine is right for you.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2022, 04:54:17 PM »
So you agree with McConnell that Trump is responsible for the event of January 6, 2021

Glad to hear that you've finally pulled your head out of your ass

Nope….I want him out

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2022, 04:58:01 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2022, 05:05:02 PM »

Apologist for TRAITORS

You think one photo that shows no violence somehow cancels out all the other violence on that day?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2022, 05:06:16 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2022, 05:07:15 PM »
Apologist for TRAITORS

You think one photo that shows no violence somehow cancels out all the other violence on that day?

Another edited cherry picked video…it’s your MO

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2022, 05:10:37 PM »
Another edited cherry picked video…it’s your MO

Next time there is a BLM protest I'll be sure to find you a single photo of protestors walking peacefully and then I'll assume you'll ignore any other violence and destruction that happened before or after

You'll be fine with that ...right?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2022, 05:10:40 PM »

How many under cover feds perpetuated it? Why did Ray Epps and three other informants suddenly removed from the FBI’s most wanted? A bunch of videos edited by Trump haters doesn’t cut it. Why are there still 14000 hours of video still being withheld?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2022, 05:12:02 PM »
Next time there is a BLM protest I'll be sure to find you a single photo of protestors walking peacefully and then I'll assume you'll ignore any other violence and destruction that happened before or after

You'll be fine with that ...right?

You’re mentally ill VP was calling for and putting up bail to hAve them released from jail.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:12 PM »
How many under cover feds perpetuated it? Why did Ray Epps and three other informants suddenly removed from the FBI’s most wanted? A bunch of videos edited by Trump haters doesn’t cut it. Why are there still 14000 hours of video still being withheld?

ZERO and you know it

If you knew otherwise you'd post the facts here

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2022, 05:15:37 PM »
You’re mentally ill VP was calling for and putting up bail to hAve them released from jail.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2022, 05:57:38 PM »
ZERO and you know it

If you knew otherwise you'd post the facts here

Actually there was and they were not only pictured but on video as well. You're MSM that you so trust won't tell you let alone show you that. You can post as many edited videos you want.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2022, 06:02:30 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2022, 06:06:46 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2022, 06:45:50 PM »
Like I said…falling apart, ouch

https://twitter.com/columbiabugle/status/1479271614646829058?s=21

Speaking of falling apart, along with being a fucking moron and a whiny little bitch you share at least two other traits with THE TRAITOR....

You're both LIARS and LOSERS

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2022, 06:56:48 PM »
Speaking of falling apart, along with being a fucking moron and a whiny little bitch you share at least two other traits with THE TRAITOR....

You're both LIARS and LOSERS

Joe Bitem has a 40 year history of lies and bullshit and lost his bids to become President multiple times. How do you feel sucking the old man pig nipples of a career liar and multiple time loser?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2022, 07:46:34 PM »
Joe Bitem has a 40 year history of lies and bullshit and lost his bids to become President multiple times. How do you feel sucking the old man pig nipples of a career liar and multiple time loser?

I can honestly say I've never heard this phraseology before.  Serious chuckle in progress.   ;D