Author Topic: Vince Gironda 8×8 + 6×6  (Read 2546 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Vince Gironda 8×8 + 6×6
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 12:09:54 PM »
Just my view only

May not want to do any serious benching on a Smith Machine. That fixed straight line of motion can take away from the natural pressing path. Causing undo tension on the joints and muscle inserts. More so when trying benches to the upper chest/neck.  Not against the Smith Machine, but it can have it's design flaws when certain heavier exercise are preformed on it, including squats.

When using a 105lb DB, you may discover the benefits of triceps kickback's. Can also do the laying version.

Good Luck.
F

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 01:15:34 AM »
Crazy how every different set and rep and range is treated like some kind of advanced new training theory around here

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2022, 01:52:41 AM »
Crazy how every different set and rep and range is treated like some kind of advanced new training theory around here

8) 8)

Like you said, its all been done a million times over. It boils down to intensity & dedication and the love of training (sticking with it for decades).
Properly structured routines, rest, food, sleep, patience.
Most write out a fancy routine, enter the gym, sit right down on a bench with their phone, and fake their way thru a "workout".
Most girls out-work the "men" these days.
Again, social-media created a new breed of gym-idiots.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2022, 02:02:50 AM »
8) 8)

Like you said, its all been done a million times over. It boils down to intensity & dedication and the love of training (sticking with it for decades).
Most write out a fancy routine, enter the gym, sit right down on a bench with their phone, and fake their way thru a "workout".

There are entire books written on the 5X5 powerlifting theory like it's a completely different theory to do 5 sets of 5 instead of any other arbitrary number of sets and reps and exercises

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-new-5x5/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 02:44:40 AM »
Why not 7 X 7  or 9 X 9?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2022, 02:46:02 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2022, 02:47:27 AM »
 :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2022, 02:55:18 AM »
Bench to neck will crush your upper chest . If you have shoulder problems its not for you . Also need to keep the reps in the 10 to 12 range .

The bench to neck 90 degree elbow is a bodybuilder style press powerlifters will do a belly bounce arms 45 degrees. I agree it is a shoulder killer was all I did for years and why I wound up with overdeveloped shoulders  that needed surgery and underdeveloped chest. But Cutler still does these high neck presses you can't use as much weight. You just need to be aware it is a different movement and not try and match your powerlifting buddy bouncing the weight of his sternum. If I could start over I would have found a happy medium between the two which is what I try and do now.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2022, 03:17:36 AM »
8) 8)

Haha I noticed this exact thing at gym I go to. It’s full of scrawny little fags wandering around doing half arsed sets of shit in between talking and playing on their phone yet Almost all the lasses there who aren’t old and/or fat train hard and seriously, harder than 95% of the blokes there. Maybe more

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2022, 04:32:04 AM »
The most improvements I ever saw with my legs was doing a set/rep scheme of 10 sets of 20 reps (full depth squats)
Using the same weight (2 min rest)
The most I used was 100kg (Total workout time 30min)

Brutal :-X