Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 2218 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: What's up?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2022, 11:11:23 AM »
8)

What if you get sick you have no backup fat to lose you will start cannibalizing muscle tissue immediately

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2022, 11:13:17 AM »
What if you get sick you have no backup fat to lose you will start cannibalizing muscle tissue immediately

errr neither have you if you expect us to believe you

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »
That's not Jason Statham
I remeber a guy by that name did some time with him back in the day

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 11:46:28 AM »

Are you suggesting he needs some safety fat?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2022, 02:27:35 PM »
Are you suggesting he needs some safety fat?

Lol Yep or at least some safety muscle if he gets the flu and loses 15lbs he will be on his death bed you need a little extra

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2022, 02:28:47 PM »
errr neither have you if you expect us to believe you

Believe what that I am lean? My girlfriends kid said I was fat on the beach this weekend so I did a 2 day diet to lose the belly. I thought I looked decent but apparently not.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2022, 02:41:24 PM »
What’s up? Clearly not your T-cell count

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2022, 02:45:07 PM »
Believe what that I am lean? My girlfriends kid said I was fat on the beach this weekend so I did a 2 day diet to lose the belly. I thought I looked decent but apparently not.

If you are fat, what does that make her mother?

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »
There is a myth or common miscnception in bb world but not exclusively that low bf is not healthy

It is the healthiest. Same goes for mma and so forth

The unhealthy ignored by everyone is all the chemical warfare, and induced fluctuations in the body to get a certain look

Fat in itself is a sign that something is amiss

In a world that is trying to get you fat... what do you expect?

Muscle is an illusion. It is simply various degrees of inflamations. I had the same "muscles" at 220 lb as I do at 149. The rest is inflamation. You dont grow new muscle cells you idiots  ;D

Science vs bodybuilding. Dont believe me? Look at myself Levrone or any of you that stopped doing something only to watch the body reverberate to some resemblance of balance.
I am not shitting on bb but things do not work like you were made to believe they do. Everything I ever discovered about body food exercise is the exact opposite of what I was taught and encountered.

I liked the t cell count joke... solid :)

My health is rock solid and it will always be because the secret to health is what you DON'T do... not what you do 😉

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2022, 10:15:01 PM »
You increase stress and stuff gives out sooner or later.

The secret to health is the opposite...put the fork down and stop exercizing all the time.

Antiinflamatory

Minimize oxidation

True.

"1"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2022, 04:06:54 AM »

Insecure much?  You are a fragile man.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2022, 04:08:18 AM »
There is a myth or common miscnception in bb world but not exclusively that low bf is not healthy

It is the healthiest. Same goes for mma and so forth

The unhealthy ignored by everyone is all the chemical warfare, and induced fluctuations in the body to get a certain look

Fat in itself is a sign that something is amiss

In a world that is trying to get you fat... what do you expect?

Muscle is an illusion. It is simply various degrees of inflamations. I had the same "muscles" at 220 lb as I do at 149. The rest is inflamation. You dont grow new muscle cells you idiots  ;D

Science vs bodybuilding. Dont believe me? Look at myself Levrone or any of you that stopped doing something only to watch the body reverberate to some resemblance of balance.
I am not shitting on bb but things do not work like you were made to believe they do. Everything I ever discovered about body food exercise is the exact opposite of what I was taught and encountered.

I liked the t cell count joke... solid :)

My health is rock solid and it will always be because the secret to health is what you DON'T do... not what you do 😉

You look like sh8t.

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2022, 07:27:19 AM »
You look like sh8t.
takes one to know one 😘

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2022, 07:35:41 AM »
Drink very little water (another bb myth  ::)

why so little water?  agreed we probably 'need' less than often recommended but why limit such a fundamental element of life?

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2022, 12:07:51 PM »
why so little water?  agreed we probably 'need' less than often recommended but why limit such a fundamental element of life?
bb teaches you to put something in your mouth non stop... eat 13 timea a day drink 5 gallons etc etc... health is eat when you really need nutrients and drink when you are thirsty

I am almost sedentary so I do not need much food or water

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2022, 01:07:22 PM »
bb teaches you to put something in your mouth non stop... eat 13 timea a day drink 5 gallons etc etc... health is eat when you really need nutrients and drink when you are thirsty

I am almost sedentary so I do not need much food or water

Although I am slightly older than you, priorities change as you age. My priority for years has been energy, health, mental clarity and flexibility. Constant eating and drinking isn't going to lead to these things. As far as training, I need to train for mental health. I keep it brief at 25 minutes a session, 4 days a week. There is also a physical element to my job. Without exercise I'm tired, and irritable. When I was young Jack LaLanne was one person I really looked up to. He was performing crazy strength endurance stuff. He exercised 6 days a week for 2 hours a day until he died in his mid 90s (he worked out the day of his death). I was surprised to hear Jack say that he hated exercise but only did it because he loved how it made him feel. I am much the same way. When I exercise a certain way I'm friendly, mentally alert, have waves of energy, and zero anxiety. I feel relaxed and at peace all the time.

My question Sev is what happens to your functional strength with so little activity? How big a drop have you noticed? Has your sleep changed?

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2022, 08:16:54 AM »
Good question

I need to have a healthy body that can host a sharp mind. Not being chased by anything means I do not need endurance. I do not lift or need to pullany heavy stuff so I havr more than enough for my daily life. I walk an hour daily.

To answer your question: we need to agree on premises

Mine are as follows: your muscles never actually grow but the so called size is thr result of a progressive inflamatory state via hormonization and water glyco supercompensation bla bla... inflated doll

Your strenght also never changes. It is always the same. But through repetition you specialize in synching all the neuro muscle to work togeher to lift more. The more efficiently coordonated and the more muscles are recruited (percentage wise) the stronger you think you are

In reality you are born with your strenghth speed whatever... even endurance

So called science made you believe you cand become stronger faster bigger via exercize... by not explaining the rightpremises

So there you have it

I am a wimp by getbig standards 😃

Started playing tennis again a few months ago. Once a week for an hour. Takes a good 5 days to recover after that 😳

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »
Good question

I need to have a healthy body that can host a sharp mind. Not being chased by anything means I do not need endurance. I do not lift or need to pullany heavy stuff so I havr more than enough for my daily life. I walk an hour daily.

To answer your question: we need to agree on premises

Mine are as follows: your muscles never actually grow but the so called size is thr result of a progressive inflamatory state via hormonization and water glyco supercompensation bla bla... inflated doll

Your strenght also never changes. It is always the same. But through repetition you specialize in synching all the neuro muscle to work togeher to lift more. The more efficiently coordonated and the more muscles are recruited (percentage wise) the stronger you think you are

In reality you are born with your strenghth speed whatever... even endurance

So called science made you believe you cand become stronger faster bigger via exercize... by not explaining the rightpremises

So there you have it

I am a wimp by getbig standards 😃

Started playing tennis again a few months ago. Once a week for an hour. Takes a good 5 days to recover after that 😳

I remember not being able to run as fast as a baby as I can now...

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2022, 10:22:36 AM »
Good for you Sev, I have been trying to do the same thing but I always yoyo back.

I really feel the lightest you are, the better it is for longevity.
You look good and healthy in that picture with the dogs.

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2022, 10:59:25 AM »
Good for you Sev, I have been trying to do the same thing but I always yoyo back.

I really feel the lightest you are, the better it is for longevity.
You look good and healthy in that picture with the dogs.

I do feel good. Good to see you here again (20 years later 😃

I never identified with any sport I did. Bodybuilders call you emaciated if you do not look like a pitbull.

Runners judge and respect each other based on their ability to run.

Don't get me started with the other weird little world of over the hill wannabe rennis players

Heres a funny one for getbig

Remember my gal pal Ioana? She is 41 now... last year started taking up tennis again. So she starts playing the 40 age group or whatever level they have noaeadys and cometes against men since very few women play recreational tennis at this age around here. So she drags me into practicing a bit then playing. My elbow hurts , bad back, half paralized right leg... lets just say I am no tennis pro panther 😂

I agree to play mixed doubles me and her against men teams (noawadays it can be done). In amateur tournaments.

I am all about socializing and moving a little because I rarely go out and so forth. It is all fun and games until the games start :))

They started trying to intimidate us, going after her with balls and all the tricks in the books. I told them I played some tennis 20 years ago and because of my limitations I show nice strokes but basically was glad to play for fun at their level. So we lost and the men teams were acting all tough and cocky. Fair enough. She was bummed out... I was like... what the hell am I doing here. This weekend I heal enough to try a second tournament in a diff city. Same rules. Only me and her and the rest of the teams were men. Lost our first match to a father and son (60/27). The dad played coy barely hitting over the net then when it started turned into the tasmanian devil meets pete sampras. I was literally laughing in disbelief but we got our asses handed to us.

Then we played the no1 seed with the no1 ranked guy who is a straight up bully. Beat us 2 weeks ago as well. So I wanted to take it a little more serious as it was starting to wear on my ego. I did feel insulted to compete at this level but it is what it is and we lost a few matches so .... I got pissed and started pleying tennis. Beat them in front of their faimilies so thoroughly they did not believe they were playing the same guy. Ioana was jumping up and down at the end extatic while the bully threw his racquet in anger in our court. Afterwards he asked us if we practiced last week. We said yes.. that ecplains the difference 😃 because of my elbow last week was the first time I managed to serve very slow overhead motion. Yesterday I felt better so I served at maybe 80%. Today I am in recovery mode wich will last for a week. The tennis pro at the club asked me to ay against him next weekend and the bully asked me to partner up in doubles at a higher level :)))

I thought it was funny. For those new to getbig, 20 something years ago I tried my luck on the pro tennis tour for a little while. Last fall I took up again a tennis racquet. Heres a pic at thr tournament