Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 55281 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2022, 07:17:16 PM »
mucus comes from pasteurized milk/dairy, anyone that has mucus problems ditch the dairy and your sinuses will clear up. I quit caffeine all I eat is meat, eggs, and raw dairy. Marty as a kid did you have a lot of raw dairy? You're a big guy, I'm guessing you did.
i rarely have milk i love a hardboiled egg on beans n rice.  I ate lots of cereal as a kid no raw milk. I drink alot of oj its essential for energy health and digestion
A

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2022, 07:28:56 PM »
Hong Kong has the highest life expectancy in the world
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/HKG/hong-kong/life-expectancy

Hong Kong has one of the highest meat consumptions in the world
The HKU research shows that Hong Kong has one of the highest meat consumptions per capita in the world at 664g/day/capita (equivalent to two pieces of 10-oz steak). Pork and beef consumption are the highest, with average daily consumption four times higher than the UK.
https://www.hku.hk/press/news_detail_17940.html

I call bullshit on your study. Ive been to Asia a ton on business. Meat consumption in China, Taiwan, Korea and Malaysia is well under half of anywhere else in the world. The average asian eats a shit ton of vegetables including rice. Nobody sits down and has a meal where the bulk of the food is meat.

You keto guys are worse than global warming fanatics lol 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »
Mike Mentzer ate a t-bone every night before bed. Didn’t pan out so well.

Best I ever saw my cholesterol was when I got off meat and focused on fish, eggs, chicken.

Plenty of people have had heart attacks with Keto, even Dan Duchaine himself mentioned his militant diet was not good on the lipids.

Moderation of everything. Best way to lose fat was mentioned earlier, eat healthy during the day and go to bed hungry. Bill Phillips would do that and throw in a few minutes of light cardio right before bed, that works crazy if you don’t get too low with your glucose levels.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2022, 07:59:43 PM »

I call bullshit on your study. Ive been to Asia a ton on business. Meat consumption in China, Taiwan, Korea and Malaysia is well under half of anywhere else in the world. The average asian eats a shit ton of vegetables including rice. Nobody sits down and has a meal where the bulk of the food is meat.

You keto guys are worse than global warming fanatics lol

It's not my study.  The burden of proof is on you, to show that it's all BS.

BTW, Hong Kong is nothing like China, Taiwan, Korea or Malaysia.  Hong Kong is a completely different world than those other places.

"Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire after Qing China ceded Hong Kong Island at the end of the First Opium War in 1842.  The colony expanded to the Kowloon Peninsula in 1860 after the Second Opium War, and was further extended when Britain obtained a 99-year lease of the New Territories in 1898.  The territory was returned to China in 1997."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

The global warming fanatics are the ones telling you to avoid red meat, saturated fat, dietary cholesterol, sodium, and telling you to eat wheat, soy, corn, seed oils, and plant-based junk foods instead.

I don't really care what you eat.  Why do you care what I eat?  I'm here just sharing information and my experience with those interested.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2022, 08:40:33 PM »

Sure, it was the t-bone steak and not the steroids and meth.

Best I ever saw my cholesterol was when I got off meat and focused on fish, eggs, chicken.

Cholesterol is an outdated and poor indicator of heart disease risk.  Triglycerides/HDL ratio is the single most powerful indicator:

"Low ratio values such as this one indicate good insulin sensitivity; which means that insulin is doing a great job helping to move glucose and amino acids from the blood into your cells. It also means that you have a relatively low risk of developing prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, low ratios indicate that you have the relatively innocuous ‘large and fluffy’ LDL cholesterol type, which makes you less prone to coronary heart disease (CHD)."
https://www.cooperinstitute.org/2017/11/28/cardiorespiratory-fitness-the-triglyceridehdl-ratio-and-coronary-heart-disease-mortality-risk-in-men

"Elevation in the ratio of TG to HDL-c was the single most powerful predictor of extensive coronary heart disease among all the lipid variables examined."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664115/

Plenty of people have had heart attacks with Keto, even Dan Duchaine himself mentioned his militant diet was not good on the lipids.

Name a few and post some receipts.  Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University and many obesity doctors have treated thousands of patients using a keto diet for the past 20 years and these patients aren't dropping like flies.
https://medicine.duke.edu/faculty/eric-charles-westman-md

The keto diet is clinically used today, and has been clinically used since the early 1920s to control seizures in patients with epilepsy.  Why would they do that if patients are dropping like flies?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8761750/

Best way to lose fat was mentioned earlier, eat healthy during the day and go to bed hungry.

A meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials following overweight and obese participants for 1-2 years on either low-fat diets or very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diets found that the ketogenic diet produced a small but significantly greater reduction in weight, triglycerides, and blood pressure, and a greater increase in HDL and LDL cholesterol compared with the low-fat diet at one year.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/ketogenic-diet/

The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2022, 08:55:40 PM »

Moderation of everything. Best way to lose fat was mentioned earlier, eat healthy during the day and go to bed hungry. Bill Phillips would do that and throw in a few minutes of light cardio right before bed, that works crazy if you don’t get too low with your glucose levels.
cholesterol is not a marker for heart disease, it's all about your triglycerides to hdl ratio, Dr. Paul Saladino had and ldl of 540 and got a cardiac calcium score of zero. You need cholesterol, it's an essential fat that our bodies need for various functions. When you combine high fat/cholesterol and sugar that equals problems. Do some research.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2022, 09:27:21 PM »
cholesterol is not a marker for heart disease, it's all about your triglycerides to hdl ratio, Dr. Paul Saladino had and ldl of 540 and got a cardiac calcium score of zero. You need cholesterol, it's an essential fat that our bodies need for various functions. When you combine high fat/cholesterol and sugar that equals problems. Do some research.

Mark Sisson has some excellent stuff on this
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2022, 09:33:48 PM »
Grape Ape, you are welcome!

When I first started a keto diet my Triglycerides dropped by 10 points.  At my next check-up the following year they had shot up by 72 points.

I didn't understand what happened because I knew I had followed the keto diet strictly and consistently, and I knew my Triglycerides were supposed to decrease, not increase like they did.

So I did some research and found the website below, which turns out it's the best source of information regarding everything having to do with lipid testing for people on low carb diets.

For me, the problem turned out to be #1 below.  I had fasted only 9 hours before my blood test.  So the day after my yearly physical test results, I water fasted 12-14 hours and then paid out of pocket for a lipid test at an independent lab the next day.  The results showed my Triglycerides were actually more than 72 points lower than the previews test results showed.

At my next physical, my Triglycerides had dropped by 25 points since I started the keto diet.  My HDL had increased by 6 points.

Take a look and see if any of these could possibly apply to you.

Possible Reasons for High TG
Here is our general checklist of considerations:

1. Confirm you water-only fasted for 12-14 hours before your cholesterol test. (No food, no coffee, just water) The more outside that window you are, the more it can increase your TGs (especially if near a fatty meal).

2. You may have a coffee sensitivity. I know, I know, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we’ve found a surprisingly large number of low carbers who see their triglycerides stubbornly high from what appears to be coffee alone. Note this is just a fraction of the coffee drinkers as most of them appear to be doing fine. A great N=1 study was performed by Sean Brennan showing this possible sensitivity in action.

3. You may have “carb leaks”. Get serious about tracking your food. Be really, truly, absolutely sure you’ve accounted for all carbs in the diet. Common unaccounted-for leaks include sauces, spices, beverages, alcohol, and many things labeled “0g Carb” that actually aren’t (rounded down in some nutrition labels) such as some brands of Heavy Whipping Cream. Sometimes you want to use a glucometer to detect what is actually higher carb than you thought. Bottom line: many who have even moderate carbs while on a LCHF diet can see their TGs spike because it’s still too much of an energy surplus.

4. Cut out refined/liquid/concentrated forms of fat. Drop bulletproof coffee, oils, fat shakes, fat bombs, etc. Move toward as much fat from real food sources as possible.

While this is by no means a complete list, these four have been the most common associations we’ve seen to date.

https://cholesterolcode.com/high-tg/

This is great info.  I don't do fat bombs, but do about four cups of coffee daily.

I'm going to monitor this stuff now.
Y

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2022, 11:12:10 PM »
Any of you guys watch Bart Kay's videos on YT? This guy is def a getbigger. An actual scientist that swears by the carnivore diet and likes to rip on other nutrition ''experts'' in the field like Layne Norton for example.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2022, 01:23:57 AM »
Any of you guys watch Bart Kay's videos on YT? This guy is def a getbigger. An actual scientist that swears by the carnivore diet and likes to rip on other nutrition ''experts'' in the field like Layne Norton for example.

I can’t watch that guy for more than a minute. He’ll try to do a video critique and interrupts it every 3 seconds with insults and nothing of scientific evidence. Maybe he does later in the videos, but I can’t get past that. Dude is arrogant for how shitty he looks and is just trying to make a name for himself and get views by being a complete asshole. Oh, and Layne Norton is an asshole as well. Carnivore zealotry is really cringey

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2022, 03:08:30 AM »

along with a three grams of speed every morning

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2022, 03:10:16 AM »
Carnivore diet is about longevity, why live to be 80 when you can live to be 95?
and spend 15 of those in a care home being looked after by ungrateful immigrants

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2022, 03:38:32 AM »

He was also an alcoholic, addicted to pain pills, had a history of meth and steroid abuse, was insane and totally sedentary the last two decades of his life.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2022, 05:02:48 AM »
nobody controls portions on this diet, you have to eat until satisfied, most people who follow this diet eat 1 large meal or 2 a day, like Dr. Shawn Baker or Dr. Anthony Chaffee, usually between 2-6 pounds of beef are what people typically eat, and Serge Nubret had it right, he ate 1 large meal of 6 pounds of meat, it was horse meat then he eventually transitioned to beef. This isn't about bodybuilding, people are healing themselves of crohns,  ibs, Colitis, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, Gerd, it goes on and on.

2-6lbs of meat a day wtf sounds like a good way to die

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2022, 05:12:44 AM »
You guys are all crazy yes I eat a high meat high protein diet but I also eat everything. Eat what your body tells you it wants to eat when it wants to eat it. If you have been training for 20 years you should be able to listen to your body and tell if it wants carbs fats fluids protein or sugars listen to your body stop trying to plan out what it is going to need and listen to it. Everyone should be eating what they like to eat what taste good what their body digest not what someone planned out with multiple regression analysis. After that it is simply a matter of not stuffing your face if you want to lean out and stuffing your face if you want to bulk up that is it. But these fad diets are all bullshit a diverse well balanced diet is always going to be best and yes your fuckign body knows what it needs if it is craving salt and sugar have a fucking potato chip and a coke. Recently I have been eating 2-3 salads a day my body just fiends it the more you train the more quality nutrients your body will want

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2022, 05:39:35 AM »
He was also an alcoholic, addicted to pain pills, had a history of meth and steroid abuse, was insane and totally sedentary the last two decades of his life.

Also loved cock in his later years

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2022, 05:53:56 AM »
Carnivore zealotry is really cringey

Agreed.  I share what I know and what I  have experienced, but I don't care what others eat.  I eat what I enjoy and what works best for me.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2022, 05:56:23 AM »
along with a three grams of speed every morning

Meant Mike Matarazzo.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2022, 06:03:37 AM »
Sure, it was the t-bone steak and not the steroids and meth.

Cholesterol is an outdated and poor indicator of heart disease risk.  Triglycerides/HDL ratio is the single most powerful indicator:

"Low ratio values such as this one indicate good insulin sensitivity; which means that insulin is doing a great job helping to move glucose and amino acids from the blood into your cells. It also means that you have a relatively low risk of developing prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, low ratios indicate that you have the relatively innocuous ‘large and fluffy’ LDL cholesterol type, which makes you less prone to coronary heart disease (CHD)."
https://www.cooperinstitute.org/2017/11/28/cardiorespiratory-fitness-the-triglyceridehdl-ratio-and-coronary-heart-disease-mortality-risk-in-men

"Elevation in the ratio of TG to HDL-c was the single most powerful predictor of extensive coronary heart disease among all the lipid variables examined."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664115/

Name a few and post some receipts.  Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University and many obesity doctors have treated thousands of patients using a keto diet for the past 20 years and these patients aren't dropping like flies.
https://medicine.duke.edu/faculty/eric-charles-westman-md

The keto diet is clinically used today, and has been clinically used since the early 1920s to control seizures in patients with epilepsy.  Why would they do that if patients are dropping like flies?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8761750/

A meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials following overweight and obese participants for 1-2 years on either low-fat diets or very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diets found that the ketogenic diet produced a small but significantly greater reduction in weight, triglycerides, and blood pressure, and a greater increase in HDL and LDL cholesterol compared with the low-fat diet at one year.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/ketogenic-diet/

The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

Studies are useless. You don’t think I can Google to look for a study that says just the opposite of your studies? How do you think researchers get paid.

Any fat person can lose weight on keto, that’s not a debate. It’s the increase in cholesterol and yeah triglycerides that is the negative side effect. Cardiologist don’t like the diet as it has repercussions. There is no way any predisposed to lipid issues can go on a meat only type diet and not have issues, anyone on a meat only diet and taking steroids is asking for trouble.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
Studies are useless. You don’t think I can Google to look for a study that says just the opposite of your studies? How do you think researchers get paid.

Go on.  Take each of the studies I posted and find one for each that says the opposite.

Any fat person can lose weight on keto, that’s not a debate. It’s the increase in cholesterol and yeah triglycerides that is the negative side effect. Cardiologist don’t like the diet as it has repercussions. There is no way any predisposed to lipid issues can go on a meat only type diet and not have issues,

The keto diet actually reduces triglycerides.  Cholesterol is not a marker for heart disease risk.

Anybody, fat or fit, can lose weight on a keto diet.

Dr. Atkins was a cardiologist.  Cardiologists and heart surgeons have been sending patients to Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University for over 20 years so they can lose weight on a keto diet before heart surgery.  Some of them end up not needing the heart surgery after losing weight and getting healthier on a keto diet.

anyone on a meat only diet and taking steroids is asking for trouble.

Fixed.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2022, 06:25:06 AM »
Again you are all insane stop these fad diets and eat a variety of food enjoy a fucking cookie. If you are working out and fat you are doing something wrong if you are active you don't need to obsess over your diet to be healthy and lean.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2022, 06:32:10 AM »
Again you are all insane stop these fad diets and eat a variety of food enjoy a fucking cookie. If you are working out and fat you are doing something wrong if you are active you don't need to obsess over your diet to be healthy and lean.

This. Moderation is key.

Keto increases LDL, linked to heart disease.      https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29737587/

Great for burning fat, not great for long term.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2022, 06:40:30 AM »
This. Moderation is key.

Keto increases LDL, linked to heart disease.      https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29737587/

Great for burning fat, not great for long term.

Good job!  You found 1 study that found LDL increased in patients with Type 1 Diabetes.

Still waiting for you to take each of the studies I've posted and find one for each that says the opposite, as you claimed.  Take your time.

BTW, LDL can increase for many people while they lose weight on any diet, even a low fat vegetarian diet.  That's why some doctors discourage measuring cholesterol while the patient is losing weight. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2022, 07:57:40 AM »
Good job!  You found 1 study that found LDL increased in patients with Type 1 Diabetes.

Still waiting for you to take each of the studies I've posted and find one for each that says the opposite, as you claimed.  Take your time.

BTW, LDL can increase for many people while they lose weight on any diet, even a low fat vegetarian diet.  That's why some doctors discourage measuring cholesterol while the patient is losing weight.

Not here to post studies cause you’re a fanboy of a fad diet.  You have likely never competed in any bodybuilding show so get stuck on fad diets.

Several bodybuilders have had to stop keto diets because of bad blood work, myself included. Eating meat in moderation has helped my LDL to go down.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2022, 08:49:00 AM »
It's our ancestral appropriate diet, it's what humans were literally designed to eat and thrive on, meat, organs, raw milk and at times depending on climate fruit/honey.