Author Topic: Is Markus Ruhl the most disrespected pro?  (Read 12802 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Is Markus Ruhl the most disrespected pro?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 09:44:54 PM »
 Ruhl is a great example of a bodybuilder. Wasn't he an engineer before turning pro? Turns the meathead image on its ear.

theonlyone

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »
How about Ronnie's enormous gut in 99 , 00 , 01 , 02 , 03 , 04 and 05 ?  ;)
when Ronnie was leaving the stage after finishing his slow routine at the O 98 and did his raise the roof thing his gut stuck like never before....like never after

JDK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 11:38:53 PM »
Ruhl is a great example of a bodybuilder. Wasn't he an engineer before turning pro? Turns the meathead image on its ear.

yes, in car industry. he was working for audi.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »
ND, ronnie did not have a gut at the 99 Olympia. Check the video.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 01:28:28 AM »
I guess you guys havent seen the german "shiecze" films Markus made years ago under the name "Adolf Poopenstein".
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 01:34:29 AM »
ND, ronnie did not have a gut at the 99 Olympia. Check the video.

What do you call that ? check Ronnie letting it all hang lose in the backround .

cqfd

• Getbig II
  • cylindrical waists suck!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »
Yeah ronnie's gut did not appear suddenly in 2001.
It was there before, just not as bad as later.
It was still here at the 2005 O. On the video, it's obvious.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »
I guess you guys havent seen the german "shiecze" films Markus made years ago under the name "Adolf Poopenstein".

I'll admit that was funny ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
Ronnie's waist and taper is still ridiculous (in a good way).  Yes, he has a gut - fine, I accept it.  But if he had Shawn Ray's abs and tight midsection he would look every bit like an ironage pro!  Only about twice as massive lol.

I stopped reading at this point.   ::)

Ronnie's waist has gotten much wider especially in 03/04 and its still wide in 05 , his waist used to be , small , flat and tight , and NOT anymore

The fact you accept his gut is a very sad commentary on what the sport has become and it shows your age as well

Ronnie at his best was about as big as Haney ( 250lbs ) so you can fantasize about Ronnie having a small waist because he hasn't in YEARS

all the Coleman fans harp on Dorian's relaxed gut hanging , 1999 Mr Olympia his gut is clearly evident , and for anyone to deny this shows your bias and lack of objectivity .

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »
None of are biased, it is you are delusional.  Dorian's gut was at least as bad if not worse than Coleman's.  Hell, at least Coleman has some symmetry and aesthetics.  Dorian looks like a big pile of shit.  He was incredibly muscular, but he is hardly what a Mr. Olympia should be.  If size were the only issue, then Ruhl may win a Sandow.  Dude is the only guy with mass similar to Coleman.  However, Coleman's shape, mass and symmetry get him the win everytime.  You persist in pointing out that Dorian beats Coleman in earlier shows, but that was like 12 years ago (the pic of the back double bi's together) and about 40 pounds ago.  Hell, in 1999 if Yates would have taken on Coleman in a back double bi it would have been history.  Coleman is simply better.  He is not perfect...far from it.  However, he is far superior than Yate's.  If Haney would have had legs similar to even Cormier, he would have never lost period.  His upper body was near perfect except for average arms (if you can call 22 inch arms small).  He did have great triceps; his biceps were average.  Now a Haney with legs would have been an interesting match-up with Coleman at his best. What do you think Hulkster...I know you love Coleman but Haney was the shizzit.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 09:25:42 PM »
Ruhl is a nice guy watch his bodybuilding dvd  made in germany damn!
TEAM WOLF

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 11:54:24 PM »
Definately a pro who focusses on BB and stays out of the slanging and hazing. I wonder if he knows about Valentino's fixation with him. He was really cool when he was down in Oz. Very friendly, very professional, and very busy. The line to buy signed pics and dvd's was VERY long.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 12:20:16 AM »

And he post under LeePreistLover , then writes articles in MD about it ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA LEE WROTE ABOUT LEEPRIESTLOVER AND NOT MEEEEE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA WHY DIDN'T LEE WRITE ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE?  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA LEEEEE, PLEASE WRITE ABOUT ME NEXT MONTH!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Getting back to the topic at hand....

I don't feel that Ruhl gets disrespected at all.  Not sure what you mean by that.  He's had his share of attention and covers and wins and top place finishings.  If you mean 2005, well yeah, it sucked for him.  What can you do.  You have peaks and valleys.  That's life.

But disrespect?  I haven't seen one iota of disrespect aimed at Ruhl.  He too much of a nice guy for anyone to not like him. 

And by the way, JAY CUTLER clearly had gut issues last year, yet everyone seems to ignore that... Hmmm...

And everyone also seems to ignore that Gustavo Badell clearly beat him in every single category - size, symmetry, presentation, and yet somehow Jay still gets Bridesmaid?  Hmmmm...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »
Ronnie continued Dorian's tradition , excellent as they started and as their career progressed they got worse , at least Dorian's was due to tearing muscles , Ronnie doesn't have an excuse .

Honestly ND - you need to shut the hell up about Ronnie! Why can't you give him his props? His gut? Bah! The man is a living legend and the world's greatest bodybuilder EVER. Just accept it and move on. Ronnie is king

JDK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »
here´s a little clip of ruhl posing in his living room:

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=iaaRzmxh9_4&search=ruhl

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »
Honestly ND - you need to shut the hell up about Ronnie! Why can't you give him his props? His gut? Bah! The man is a living legend and the world's greatest bodybuilder EVER. Just accept it and move on. Ronnie is king

ND is like Chancellor Palpatine, he has joined the Dark Side of the force.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »
here´s a little clip of ruhl posing in his living room:

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=iaaRzmxh9_4&search=ruhl

Why is he straining so much? When guys pose today they look like they could shit at any moment. The Iron Age guys didn't struggle to pose or get all out of breath when they posed.
The House that Ruth built