Author Topic: Dad wakes up to sound of glass breaking in young son's bedroom  (Read 1958 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Dad wakes up to sound of glass breaking in young son's bedroom
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 04:01:53 AM »
With a name like keywontrez he deserves a afar worse beating than that. But in reality he is lucky he is not dead or paralyzed and the father should be given a medal for protecting his daughter like that as nowadays parents don’t seem to do much for fear of prosecution. How the duck would anyone worry about prosecution if someone fucks with your kids? I would gladly do life or death sentence for killing anyone who sexually assaulted or tried to to my kids or harmed them in anyway and to me that’s a real fucking man. That is all that really counts.

the only problem with that is that your kids get to grow up without a father

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2022, 05:08:09 AM »
I'm brain dead when it comes to guns.  Is FMJ short for full metal jacket?  Honestly have no clue.  Whatever it stands for, can you give me the cliff notes version of the difference btw FMJ and hollow point?

I thought you once said you were in law enforcement?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2022, 05:18:17 AM »
I thought you once said you were in law enforcement?

It was more likely "questioned by law enforcement"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2022, 08:39:56 AM »
the only problem with that is that your kids get to grow up without a father

In a true self protection (which includes protecting family and those that can’t protect themselves) chances of doing any real time are fairly slim. But to your point, the family is alive, the father is alive the attacker is hopefully dead. I’m with Rob…

In this country we have the Castle Doctrine and even in California there is no duty to retreat

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2022, 08:45:33 AM »
In a true self protection (which includes protecting family and those that can’t protect themselves) chances of doing any real time are fairly slim. But to your point, the family is alive, the father is alive the attacker is hopefully dead. I’m with Rob…

That wasnt the scenario
If you go and kill someone after the event you will be in jail, its rare that you wont get any time and your child will end up growing up without you.

The real problem in the black community is single parent families with no father present, kids far more likely to end up in jail themselves.
What real father would want that for their child?

The initial feeligs would be to harm the person who hurt youur child but long term for the child it isnt the answer.
Your child would need you more than ever after a traumatic event, you are not much good in jail even for a short time

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2022, 10:01:20 AM »
It was more likely "questioned by law enforcement"

I'm not coloured.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2022, 10:05:20 AM »
That wasnt the scenario
If you go and kill someone after the event you will be in jail, its rare that you wont get any time and your child will end up growing up without you.

The real problem in the black community is single parent families with no father present, kids far more likely to end up in jail themselves.
What real father would want that for their child?

The initial feeligs would be to harm the person who hurt youur child but long term for the child it isnt the answer.
Your child would need you more than ever after a traumatic event, you are not much good in jail even for a short time

I was actually referring to the article, but yes, of course if you go hunt someone down you’ll do time which if it were my kid or family member that’s the victim, it’s a price I’d be willing to pay.

Refer to the latest of that scenario, Cain Velasquez

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2022, 10:49:00 AM »
While I have no moral issue with shooting the intruder dead I do have an issue with this

The dad saw an unknown man standing in the hallway of the apartment, WTVF said, adding that he shot at the man nine times, hitting him once in the jaw and neck area and possibly three times in the chest. Several bullets that missed traveled into the apartment across the hallway, the station added.

That is kind of the problem with pulling out a gun and shooting rounds in a house or apartment lots of other people live there as you know the bullets don't just go 10 feet and stop. I realize Coach is trained but this guy probably had some training as well and just got lucky he didn't kill his neighbors.

Is there a reason we can't use a hatchet or good old fashion baseball bat instead?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
I don't own a gun but did research getting one at one point. I think shotguns were favored in apartments to prevent any potential strays going through walls into neighbor's rooms?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2022, 11:34:00 AM »
While I have no moral issue with shooting the intruder dead I do have an issue with this

The dad saw an unknown man standing in the hallway of the apartment, WTVF said, adding that he shot at the man nine times, hitting him once in the jaw and neck area and possibly three times in the chest. Several bullets that missed traveled into the apartment across the hallway, the station added.

That is kind of the problem with pulling out a gun and shooting rounds in a house or apartment lots of other people live there as you know the bullets don't just go 10 feet and stop. I realize Coach is trained but this guy probably had some training as well and just got lucky he didn't kill his neighbors.

Is there a reason we can't use a hatchet or good old fashion baseball bat instead?

True, shotguns in apartments and condos definitley. House too shotguns are the best inside just spray.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2022, 11:46:24 AM »

It’s why I said he was probably using FMJ rounds and not home defense rounds (hollow points).