Author Topic: Texas school shooting  (Read 25706 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Texas school shooting
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »
Actually dipshit 60 officers at 50k is $3 million, or about 10% of their budget. Exactly the same percentage as the county I used dumbass.

Your school should’ve spent more money on mathematics.
USA needs smaller government. Big, unaccountable government is why we have this:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2022, 11:34:54 AM »
Are you one of those government employees sucking the tit of the tax payers?

I sure am, I risk my life and I have given three discs, several tendons and about a 200% increase in cancer risk in the service of my community. My salary when I started out was about $32,000 a year, I make more than that now but I’ve been doing it for over 20 years.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2022, 11:34:59 AM »
Columbine?

To be fair, I don't know if this is true but...

I think he meant that they didn't happen in the 1950's / 1960's.

They seem to be happening more, but they don't happen often anyway.

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2022, 11:42:11 AM »
Unfortunately this stuff has been happening since the dawn of man. We just have a larger population and we no longer lock up the crazies they did up until the 1970s.

This is still the deadliest school massacre, happened in 1927. No guns were used.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/1927-bombing-remains-americas-deadliest-school-massacre-180963355/

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2022, 12:26:49 PM »
Actually dipshit 60 officers at 50k is $3 million, or about 10% of their budget. Exactly the same percentage as the county I used dumbass. They wouldn’t even be using them all year, about 180 days a year the community would have those officers for a ton of other purposes outside of their school tasks.

Sounds wonderful.  So a small town with 28 cops becomes a small town with 88 cops.  What could possibly go wrong?

You wouldn't even be preventing school shootings.  (You'd arguably be causing more, and hastening the degradation and deracination of American society.)  You would get more speeding tickets, though.  And you'd be paying for all of those extra salaries.

Real dog-brained proposal.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2022, 12:34:03 PM »
To be fair, I don't know if this is true but...

I think he meant that they didn't happen in the 1950's / 1960's.

They seem to be happening more, but they don't happen often anyway.
It does seem to be a modern phenomenon. My guess is the emphasis on nihilism and atheism hasn't helped matters.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2022, 12:41:01 PM »
I do think that American police has a very quick finger on the trigger (Compared to most european countries). But maybe that's the price to pay for a multicultural/ethnic society.

Law/discipline must be enforced by force.

You’d be surprised how few times shots are fired by police. Most go through their entire careers never firing a shot.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2022, 12:44:11 PM »
You’d be surprised how few times shots are fired by police. Most go through their entire careers never firing a shot.
Every time a cop fires his weapon doesn't he have to go on leave while a whole investigation is ongoing?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »
Every time a cop fires his weapon doesn't he have to go on leave while a whole investigation is ongoing?

Yes, no matter how “righteous” the shot was.

Cops know that firing their weapon has a strong chance of messing up the rest of their lives so they’ll only do so if there’s no other recourse.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2022, 01:40:39 PM »
It does seem to be a modern phenomenon. My guess is the emphasis on nihilism and atheism hasn't helped matters.

Breakdown of the family is big. He killed his grandmother but I’ve yet to hear about the whereabouts of his parents.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2022, 02:14:21 PM »
Last story I read claims he didn't engage any officers outside of the school. After the dust settles we'll see what the story is. Also it would appear that grandma survived the gunshot to the face and called the cops on him. Granny is a tough old bag for sure.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2022, 02:41:28 PM »
Sounds wonderful.  So a small town with 28 cops becomes a small town with 88 cops.  What could possibly go wrong?

You wouldn't even be preventing school shootings.  (You'd arguably be causing more, and hastening the degradation and deracination of American society.)  You would get more speeding tickets, though.  And you'd be paying for all of those extra salaries.

Real dog-brained proposal.

When you figure it out, enlighten us on how to prevent school shootings. Over 20k gun laws on the books and not one helped. This is one of the only options and since school districts received over $100bil in Chinavirus relief, money isn’t the issue. Schools are our most vulnerable targets because they’re soft targets.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2022, 03:04:13 PM »
That Tranny man-porker does appear to be a different person possibly.

Is this him?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2022, 03:14:53 PM »
People are cracking up left, right and centre.

Too many living too-stressful lives with too much horseshit from corrupt governments.

Too much forced-diversity that does nothing but weakens communities, destroys the comfort of traditions and isolates individuals.

World is fucked.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2022, 03:23:35 PM »
Holy shit this is retarded.

"Let's take Duval county in Florida"

Cherry pick much?

Duval county population: 1,000,000.

Now let's compare with Uvalde county.  Population: 27,000.

Duval county is one of the largest counties in the United States.  It's in the top 50.  (Of 3006 in total.)  Most of the nation's rural areas are nothing like it.

Duval County Public Schools is the 20th largest school district in the nation.  Of course they have large budgets.

In Uvalde, however, the total annual budget is roughly as large as Duval county's software budget.  It's about 30-40M.

There are 10 schools in Uvalde.  Six officers at each (which is a completely dystopian notion) would cost the district another $30M at just $50,000 per year, per officer.

So you're basically asking them to double their entire operating budget, for something that might not work, and is actually very likely to make things worse.  Great policy suggestion, bro.

Besides, this sort of thing would ultimately come out of your property taxes, which are already at an insanely high level. 

Whatever the right solution is, it's certainly not "more armed guards in schools."

Its worth pointing out that this is like winning the lottery: the chances of this ever happening again in Uvalde school district is virtually zero. The children are gone. Putting cops in there now is really moot. There is almost 100% certainty that Uvalde wont ever have another active shooter.

Schools with School Resource Officers aren't likely to have an active shooter because the cops be more of a deterrent than an interdiction.  A shooter would likely pick an easier target than a school with officers already present.

By nature an active shooter requires a large number of defenseless targets.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2022, 03:27:02 PM »

You are both correct.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2022, 03:43:19 PM »
I heard his grandmother was still alive in critical condition earlier.....I have been wrong before though.

How could anyone kill those poor innocent kids is beyond me, one was only eight years old....fucking wingnut.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2022, 03:52:09 PM »
When you figure it out, enlighten us on how to prevent school shootings. Over 20k gun laws on the books and not one helped. This is one of the only options and since school districts received over $100bil in Chinavirus relief, money isn’t the issue. Schools are our most vulnerable targets because they’re soft targets.

Theaters are also soft targets.  As are nursing homes, concerts, nightclubs, and many other places where people congregate.  (See, e.g., the Pulse nightclub shooting, the Las Vegas shooting, the Paris concert shooting, etc.)

So why does this keep happening at schools?  Because, as I mentioned previously, schools are prisonlike and breed despair, nihilism, and hatred.  Making schools more prisonlike by enhancing obvious security measures isn't going to solve the problem.  It'll probably make it worse. 

"Let's have every small town triple its number of cops" is sheer lunacy.

Gun control isn't the answer, either, for obvious reasons.

There might be a technical solution.  A ring of sensors around the school, hooked up to a 24/7 AI that does facial recognition and can identify objects like long guns, which itself is linked to a drone swarm that can be activated at a moment's notice.  The swarm does not know fear, would not cower at the sound of gunshots, and could be armed with lethal/non-lethal compliance measures.  This solution might be invisible when not in use, and it would only respond to live threats -- it wouldn't give you fucking speeding tickets. 

The tech is probably not ready yet, though.  The sensors and AI components are solved problems, but nobody has figured out how to weaponize drone swarms.  Well, plenty of incentive right now, I suppose.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »

Yes, but TV cops don't have to.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2022, 03:55:40 PM »
Schools with School Resource Officers aren't likely to have an active shooter because the cops be more of a deterrent than an interdiction.  A shooter would likely pick an easier target than a school with officers already present.
There was a deputy/SRO on duty at Parkland.  Didn't deter shit.  Pissed his pants and went off somewhere to hide. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2022, 03:58:08 PM »
Theaters are also soft targets.  As are nursing homes, concerts, nightclubs, and many other places where people congregate.  (See, e.g., the Pulse nightclub shooting, the Las Vegas shooting, the Paris concert shooting, etc.)

So why does this keep happening at schools?
Because the kids are less likely to fight back. There would be a sense of superiority over smaller children by the shooter vs going into a theatre/concert/etc where there is likely to be far more adults that these people would feel inferior to.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2022, 03:58:52 PM »
You slow it (because you’re never going to stop it) is by making schools hard targets by arming teachers, faculty, and whoever else is willing to do active shooter training. There are also PLENTY of retired cops, military and special forces who would be happy to serve. Things like this should be mandatory in every school district in the country. These fucking schools were given over $100bil in Chinavirus relief and it was hardly used. It doesn’t cost that much for each district to put these plans into place.

Man, I own many guns and am all for self defense, but teachers shouldn’t have to arm themselves. The real problem is mentally ill people killing people with guns. We have to address that problem, although we won’t. Sadly, because we won’t address mental illness properly, I see the country having to surrender their guns before pushing back on the issues that cause these mass killings.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »

although this is comedy, posted 16 years ago, everything he says is on point and sadly, still 100% relevant today.

until the gun culture of the USA changes this will keep happening over and over as it has been doing for years now mainly since Columbine but obviously before that too

If Sandy Hook didn't do anything to change the gun culture in the states nothing will.

and Ironically this was an an elementary school also. a lot of erie comparison between Sandy Hook and this.

so sad  :'(
Flower Boy Ran Away

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2022, 04:14:50 PM »
There was a deputy/SRO on duty at Parkland.  Didn't deter shit.  Pissed his pants and went off somewhere to hide.

Even worse, 7 deputies arrived and remained outside taking no immediate action.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2022, 04:22:43 PM »
Columbine?

And Virginia Tech in 2007.  Slaughtered 32 and shot another 17 using two semiauto handguns and 10-round magazines.  Both FB and Twitter were just a year old.