Author Topic: “Once you get to this size you don’t go around asking people how many sets left"  (Read 2217 times)

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
I never ask anyone if I can “work in” or how much they have left since I find it annoying myself and figure others do, but getting all high-and-mighty about it at a commercial gym is definitely a douchebag move.
So am I. I fucking hate it when people want to work in or ask how man sets are left. I tell them straight out no working in homo or 54 more sets. Im serious. Thats why I go at 5-6am. Way less douchebaggery going on.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
So am I. I fucking hate it when people want to work in or ask how man sets are left. I tell them straight out no working in homo or 54 more sets. Im serious. Thats why I go at 5-6am. Way less douchebaggery going on.

I just tell them "about 15 20 minutes" and don't say numbers of sets. That way I don't feel like they're counting my sets and feeling rushed. If they look like normal lifers not annoying I'll offer them to work in with me.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
there is a guy at our gym who has no routine he just waits for people to go on something then goes over to ask how long are they going to be.

I havent had any issues with him but the other week I was talking to the girl on reception and I heard "Go and fucking use that one"

He had pestered the wrong person.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
there is a guy at our gym who has no routine he just waits for people to go on something then goes over to ask how long are they going to be.

I havent had any issues with him but the other week I was talking to the girl on reception and I heard "Go and fucking use that one"

He had pestered the wrong person.

He needs to be "set straight"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I never ask anyone if I can “work in” or how much they have left since I find it annoying myself and figure others do, but getting all high-and-mighty about it at a commercial gym is definitely a douchebag move.
Absolutely. Especially when you've got a loaded bar and the asked is obviously going to be using 10's on each side. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!

LOL, love it..

Never been asked that at our gym luckily, we also go at 5:30 AM and this area is really lacking in "douche-bags".
I also keep noise-blockers on so no one can talk to me, so there's that as well. (They look like head-phones, but they are slim-profile noise-blockers for the gun-range).

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
LOL, love it..

Never been asked that at our gym luckily, we also go at 5:30 AM and this area is really lacking in "douche-bags".
I also keep noise-blockers on so no one can talk to me, so there's that as well. (They look like head-phones, but they are slim-profile noise-blockers for the gun-range).
I only workout at home now so douche bags are never a problem. Sometimes the cat gets in the way though.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
I only workout at home now so douche bags are never a problem. Sometimes the cat gets in the way though.

Yes, my dog will bother me when training at home... I use both the local gym (since its a great one) and my home gym...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Gym Rat, on your floor, are those circus dumbbells or huge lat pulldown attachments?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
Gym Rat, on your floor, are those circus dumbbells or huge lat pulldown attachments?

Circus D-Bells...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Yes, my dog will bother me when training at home... I use both the local gym (since its a great one) and my home gym...
Great looking gym! Why do you choose to workout anywhere else?