Author Topic: 2006 IFBB Colorado Pro Figure lineup  (Read 13591 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: IFBB Colorado Pro Figure lineup
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »
It looks like it will go...
1) Jenny Lynn
2) Christine Pomponio
3) Valerie Waugman
4) Tara Scotti
5) Zena Collins

4-6 could go a number of ways and Gina Alotti should be in the top 5 in my opinion. Her pro debut and she looked great. I think Gina Alotti was overlooked but was called out higher in the 2 piece. Christine Pomponio redeemed herself with a great 1 piece, but her color was a little dark and hid her conditioning. The biggest surprise to me was Andrea Dumon, placing 3rd in San Fran and was in the bottom groups of callouts. She was soft but her shape is great. Jeanette Freed looked great in her pro debut and had spectacular suits. She will finish in the top 10.

I should have photos up on Graphic Muscle later tonight.

Isaac
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 08:19:58 PM »
4-6 could go a number of ways and Gina Alotti should be in the top 5 in my opinion. Her pro debut and she looked great. I think Gina Alotti was overlooked but was called out higher in the 2 piece...

I'd heard her name a lot this past year, but had never seen her before tonite and agree 100% with your assessment.  She deserves a lot higher than it looks like she's going to place.  She's good enough to win the entire show. 

The biggest surprise to me was Andrea Dumon, placing 3rd in San Fran and was in the bottom groups of callouts. She was soft but her shape is great.

I'm a big Andrea fan...love that physique.  Her callouts did not reflect the quality of her physique. 

It's a tough field.  Someone will have to explain the Zena Collins thing to me someday.  Beautiful woman, but I'm just not feeling it...I think I may be a little biased after seeing her overplaced in prior years (she is indeed a lot better now than in 2004), but when I look at the quality of the physiques placing lower than her, I am confused. 

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 08:42:23 PM »
Here's Terry's assessment from our live blog.

Kev

www.bodysport.com

Friday May 12, 2006 8:22 PM

(Terry Goodlad)

This is one of the toughest Pro Figure contests we have seen in a long time. The girls that are here and are being called out in the top 6 are all on their game...no one is too hard or too soft, they all look about the best they could so any criticisms are minute.

Jenny Lynn is still slightly soft but her two piece round is much better than her one piece. She appears to be holding a slight bit of water compared to how we have seen her in the past but she is still favored to win the show. For someone to beat her they would have to beat her without question and that won't happen here. Jenny is still genetically superior to most so even if she is slightly off her best, it probably won't matter in this show.

Inga Neverauskaite has the potential to win this show as she looks absolutely fantastic. She should be second at the worst but they called her out later in the two piece round which may mean she won't make the top 5. It would be a tragedy for that to happen as this is her one chance to Qualify for the Olympia this year and if anyone in this lineup deserves to be there its certainly her. On Monday she will return home to England, most likely not to return till next season.

Christine Pomponio-Pate looks about the same as she has in the past couple seasons and it looks like she will be in the top 3. Her legs are slightly soft and its most noticable on her hamstrings but again, its spliting hairs as she has a great overall package. The judges like her look, its worked well for her in the past and it looks like it will work well again.

Tara Scotti looked slightly flat for the one piece round but when it came time for the two piece it was a very different story. Tara looks very good...a perfect balance for her of muscularity and soft curves. This is hands down the best she has looked and she will certainly be in the top 5 I would think.

Zena Collins had a good two piece round, she showed better than her one piece, her abs are much improved since last year and she has some fullness to her muscles now where last season she looked flat. She is a favorite of the judges and it appears they like her at this show as well.

Valerie Waugaman looks incredible. She is a rare genetic specimen and has done an excellent job of preparing for this show. The only knock on her is her hair as she had it tied back for both rounds and in the past a fuller and softer hair style has served her well. It didn't match the elegance of her body, her movements, and her suit. It looks good for the gym or doing laundry but not in heels and a very beautiful and heavily jewelled suit on a figure stage. Having said all that...chances are it won't make a lick of difference as she is just that good today.

See you tomorrow for the finals
Terry

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 09:03:05 PM »

Good stuff - thanks for that Terry and Kevin. 

I totally agree on your Inga call, and another seriously overlooked competitor is Gina Alotti (sp?).  Both are clearly better than Jenny Lynn and the others who were called out ahead of them...except Valerie!   ;)

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 10:12:01 PM »
Jenny doesn't even need to put on her suits; just give her the check for first! Inconsistent judging combined with a bunch of political bullshit greatly undermines this sport.
True indeed.  ;)
Lee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 06:28:23 AM »
Women's Pro Figure comparison photos are up at:
http://graphicmuscle.com/index.cfm?go2=contests_year&ContestYearID=676
Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 07:14:51 AM »
Good pics Isaac and thanks.

Of course I am only going by pics but both Gina Alotti and Inga Neverauskaite look wonderful.

And....ummm.....like who is this in front Of Zena Collins in the pale green suit ???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 09:45:06 AM »
Good pics Isaac and thanks.

Of course I am only going by pics but both Gina Alotti and Inga Neverauskaite look wonderful.

Good pics indeed.  As much as I swear by the Goddess Valerie, it's Gina and Inga who have stolen this show. 

And....ummm.....like who is this in front Of Zena Collins in the pale green suit ???

I believe they introduced her as Barbara Thomas, of the Bahamas.  Don't quote me on that, though. 

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
Gina Alotti is very beautiful. I was very impressed by her. She reminded me of an exotic version of Monica Brandt...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 12:08:39 PM »
 I believe they introduced her as Barbara Thomas, of the Bahamas.  Don't quote me on that, though. 

My god, if she is I will be so embarrassed :-[

Strange though, I don't recognize her name or face and I know or know of most the girls from here. Plus, we don't get pro cards for figure here, and therefore have not one single figure pro from here. The best I could guess is that she must have went pro as a bb or fitness many years ago and resurfaced lately

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »
Here's Terry's assessment from our live blog.

Kev

www.bodysport.com

Friday May 12, 2006 8:22 PM

(Terry Goodlad)

This is one of the toughest Pro Figure contests we have seen in a long time. The girls that are here and are being called out in the top 6 are all on their game...no one is too hard or too soft, they all look about the best they could so any criticisms are minute.

Jenny Lynn is still slightly soft but her two piece round is much better than her one piece. She appears to be holding a slight bit of water compared to how we have seen her in the past but she is still favored to win the show. For someone to beat her they would have to beat her without question and that won't happen here. Jenny is still genetically superior to most so even if she is slightly off her best, it probably won't matter in this show.

Inga Neverauskaite has the potential to win this show as she looks absolutely fantastic. She should be second at the worst but they called her out later in the two piece round which may mean she won't make the top 5. It would be a tragedy for that to happen as this is her one chance to Qualify for the Olympia this year and if anyone in this lineup deserves to be there its certainly her. On Monday she will return home to England, most likely not to return till next season.

Christine Pomponio-Pate looks about the same as she has in the past couple seasons and it looks like she will be in the top 3. Her legs are slightly soft and its most noticable on her hamstrings but again, its spliting hairs as she has a great overall package. The judges like her look, its worked well for her in the past and it looks like it will work well again.

Tara Scotti looked slightly flat for the one piece round but when it came time for the two piece it was a very different story. Tara looks very good...a perfect balance for her of muscularity and soft curves. This is hands down the best she has looked and she will certainly be in the top 5 I would think.

Zena Collins had a good two piece round, she showed better than her one piece, her abs are much improved since last year and she has some fullness to her muscles now where last season she looked flat. She is a favorite of the judges and it appears they like her at this show as well.

Valerie Waugaman looks incredible. She is a rare genetic specimen and has done an excellent job of preparing for this show. The only knock on her is her hair as she had it tied back for both rounds and in the past a fuller and softer hair style has served her well. It didn't match the elegance of her body, her movements, and her suit. It looks good for the gym or doing laundry but not in heels and a very beautiful and heavily jewelled suit on a figure stage. Having said all that...chances are it won't make a lick of difference as she is just that good today.

See you tomorrow for the finals
Terry

I really appreciate the live blog on the bodysport site.  Do you and Terry plan to do this for other shows?  Either way, great job!
R

Christine Wan

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • GetbigPro
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »
My god, if she is I will be so embarrassed :-[

Strange though, I don't recognize her name or face and I know or know of most the girls from here. Plus, we don't get pro cards for figure here, and therefore have not one single figure pro from here. The best I could guess is that she must have went pro as a bb or fitness many years ago and resurfaced lately

If I remember correctly, her name is Natasha Brown. She competed in Pittsburgh last week, but only arrived in time for the finals on Saturday night, due to flight problems. I don't remember exactly where she is from, but it is one of the islands (Bahamas, Bermuda, Jamaica...)

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »
Thanks Stella,

This is the 5th show we've done.  We plan to do all of the pro figure and fitness if possible.  Big props should go to Charity our webmaster (and Terry's daughter) for all her work.  It's great to see so much interest in these sports and it's only going to get better.  Just got back from the Contra Costa (No. Cal) pre-judging and there are 70-plus figure girls, all looking great. 

On our contest page there are archives of past events we have covered including blog's and pictures.  Live Colorado coverage tonight around 6:30PM.  (Hey Tre!) 

Kevin

www.bodysport.com

sunbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 04:02:50 PM »
I think Valerie looks the best, incredible beauty and great muscle tone, tan is dead on......she and Jenny Lynn all the way! 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 04:12:52 PM »
If I remember correctly, her name is Natasha Brown. She competed in Pittsburgh last week, but only arrived in time for the finals on Saturday night, due to flight problems. I don't remember exactly where she is from, but it is one of the islands (Bahamas, Bermuda, Jamaica...)

Thanks.

Yeah...I have asked around. She went pro a few yrs back in fitness. Bahamian :-[

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 04:40:37 PM »
Natasha Brown, that's it.

Hey Kevin!   ;D