Author Topic: Duh…  (Read 2738 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Duh…
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2023, 07:55:49 PM »

counter point, america was always shit and it's just now folks realize it prob got something to do with the internet and the availability of real time communications

Yet you still live here. Feel free to leave with a boot up your ass. Take Lurker and Strawman with you. That would be three less communists in this country

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 08:08:36 PM »

counter point, america was always shit and it's just now folks realize it prob got something to do with the internet and the availability of real time communications

This is a good point.

I don’t think America is garbage and I also don’t think it was as great as we paint it but it has slowly been in a downward spiral with every subsequent generation.

I think the internet has allowed niche groups to join together and have a voice and allow them to think they are the new “normal”  and not outcasts.

Our morals are gone and we’ve become upside down with right and wrong. We obsess with correcting our past sins, or we give a voice to those who are, and allow the nonsense to become rational, Creating even more division.

That said big corporate has always controlled the nation, but people are more aware of it today.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2023, 09:07:40 PM »
Yet you still live here. Feel free to leave with a boot up your ass. Take Lurker and Strawman with you. That would be three less communists in this country

is that what you did in lieu of developing a personality?

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2023, 09:09:05 PM »
This is a good point.

I don’t think America is garbage and I also don’t think it was as great as we paint it but it has slowly been in a downward spiral with every subsequent generation.

I think the internet has allowed niche groups to join together and have a voice and allow them to think they are the new “normal”  and not outcasts.

Our morals are gone and we’ve become upside down with right and wrong. We obsess with correcting our past sins, or we give a voice to those who are, and allow the nonsense to become rational, Creating even more division.

That said big corporate has always controlled the nation, but people are more aware of it today.

shit being a relative term, but for as much as america likes to boast about it's splendor and freedoms, it's shit.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2023, 09:16:31 PM »

shit being a relative term, but for as much as america likes to boast about it's splendor and freedoms, it's shit.

Yeah but freedom wise who is relatively better?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2023, 10:56:53 PM »
Fucking gross, smelly, disgusting dyke.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2023, 04:46:50 AM »

What countries would be better to live in?

I think the US has many problems but there's no better place for me, personally.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2023, 06:28:01 AM »
Yeah but freedom wise who is relatively better?
most countries in the west

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2023, 06:28:39 AM »
What countries would be better to live in?

I think the US has many problems but there's no better place for me, personally.
where else have you lived?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2023, 06:34:40 AM »
Luckily many of us older folks will be dead before it really goes to shit 100%...

I believe Gen X, most of us here, were born at the perfect time. Too young for Viet Nam, but old enough to see the best of American pop culture, yet young enough to see the tech revolution but too old to be around when things really go down the toilet.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2023, 07:25:13 AM »
I believe Gen X, most of us here, were born at the perfect time. Too young for Viet Nam, but old enough to see the best of American pop culture, yet young enough to see the tech revolution but too old to be around when things really go down the toilet.

everyone thinks their generation is the best, in reality people just miss being young and carefree

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2023, 07:44:12 AM »
Yup, on paper I think Lizzy is right. Real rock music peaked (before the rap/electronic digital crap came around).
No woketardism, no crazy social-media insanity, no pregnant men (except for "Rabbit Test"  ;)), no US commies everywhere.
No attacking old men for wearing ball-caps, no man-buns, skinny-jeans, gym-idiots, Karens, Darrens, etc.

But its all we know and folks around today probably think they're living the dream.
(As they stick plastic butt-babies up their arse)...

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2023, 10:05:53 AM »
where else have you lived?

I have traveled lots but I have not lived in other countries.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2023, 04:44:06 PM »

Maybe people 10-15 years older than me. Guess I'm XY HS class of 90 and I cant connect to anything you've said. Nothing was cool. Cool died. 90s fuckin sucked. Experts agree.

Must've been nice to see the party before it fizzled out.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2023, 08:29:42 PM »
There's something to be said for being there during the nadir of enthusiasm when everything was lame. There was no tide to be swept up in and nothing to have in common but at least you didn't find yourself along for some ride.

Mickey Rourke is right. It sucked but you could say out loud that it sucked. Mickey wasn't allowed to do that in the 80s. "This whole rock thing is getting kinda tired." Or the 70s. Can you imagine what would have happened to a hippie in the 60s who said he thinks Buffalo Springfield sucks, lol. Even furious punks had to be on board with Their Thing.

He's wrong that grunge killed rock tho. Cobain arrived in 91 but the screaching crossdressers of 80s rock were nobody's thing by 89.  There was nothing to be into when I was in high school. What's an angry teenager supposed to do? Slam the bedroom door and blast Millie Vanilli and Ah Ha? It was like someone fell asleep at the white people cultural programming switch for a couple years for the first time since Elvis. There was no Thing to be into. You were just you.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
I was a teenager in the 90’s. It was a great time. Rave was massive, oasis were at their peak. Great time to grow up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2023, 06:01:05 AM »

everyone thinks their generation is the best, in reality people just miss being young and carefree

Somewhat fair statement but you can make a case that you’re more free when you’re older as you care less about what others think, fitting in, and you have less to prove.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2023, 07:41:10 AM »
I was a teenager in the 90’s. It was a great time. Rave was massive, oasis were at their peak. Great time to grow up.

Where at? Think I was in Belgium working at a youth hostel when Oasis popped out Wonderwall. God I was sick of that song. And Prodigy hit, the D&B white Brit boys with dreads were mad for it.

Sometimes I get the sense musical evolution slowed right down. This is a horrible confession but I respected Skrillex for at least trying to move house forward. Not that I know much about rave genres.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2023, 08:28:52 AM »

Seems like when the internet took off music got worse.

The 90s had Oasis, Tool, Radiohead and the great grunge bands. The next two decades don’t compare.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2023, 08:34:23 AM »

Or maybe he can take your stupid retarded ass.  That would be one less mouth breathing lying CTer wasting oxygen the rest of the people could use.

Nice to see I am so far in your empty little head that you can't stop talking about me even on threads I haven't posted on.   ::)