Author Topic: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023  (Read 13382 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023
« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2023, 03:57:42 PM »
Twitter will be fine and eventually very profitable. It will eventually become the "everything" app. It will take time. Elon will still be very wealthy.

where do you see the revenue coming from?  Advertisers are pulling back bigly and the $8/monthly subscription isn't gonna generate much

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2023, 04:00:34 PM »
where do you see the revenue coming from?  Advertisers are pulling back bigly and the $8/monthly subscription isn't gonna generate much

Today they’re pulling back. They will come back around unless a new platform is invented.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2023, 04:08:51 PM »
Autistic people like Musk are problem solvers. In social media and MSM it's alot of politics, social games etc. not something abstract to be solved. It's a bad idea to get involved in this crap. Should stick with the hard sciences. I think he learned a hard lesson.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »
Today they’re pulling back. They will come back around unless a new platform is invented.

Maybe.  Even still, with all that advertising money of years past they still struggled to become profitable.  From the WSJ:

It hasn’t booked an annual profit since 2019, and posted a loss in eight years of the past decade. The company’s net loss narrowed in 2021, to $221.4 million from $1.14 billion the previous year.

Twitter has struggled to attract new users and increase revenue, which came in at about $5.1 billion last year. In its last quarterly filing as a public company, for the period ended June 30, revenue was $1.18 billion, down slightly year-over-year.

Nearly 90% of its revenue last year came from advertising, and it traditionally has been the company’s main source of revenue. In 2021, Twitter took in $4.51 billion from advertisers, and $572 million from licensing data and other services

Sure, you can say that Musk is slashing operating expenses vis a vis the massive layoffs but he faces a steep challenge.  Frankly, I think this will prove to be his undoing. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2023, 04:23:36 PM »
Maybe.  Even still, with all that advertising money of years past they still struggled to become profitable.  From the WSJ:

Sure, you can say that Musk is slashing operating expenses vis a vis the massive layoffs but he faces a steep challenge.  Frankly, I think this will prove to be his undoing.

1. Advertisers are fickle, they are going to spend the money somewhere, because they have to keep their budgets. If Twitter isn’t going to generate revenue for them then they won’t spend money on the platform. But every company has a “social media team” that handles their Twitter and Meta platforms.

2. This could be Musks undoing, it also may not be. I listened to people here say what a bad investment Tesla was 5 years ago and that was going to be his undoing…. it was not. We are all merely speculating and if we really knew anything we’d be Like Gib making money off bitcoin.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2023, 05:13:15 PM »
1. Advertisers are fickle, they are going to spend the money somewhere, because they have to keep their budgets. If Twitter isn’t going to generate revenue for them then they won’t spend money on the platform. But every company has a “social media team” that handles their Twitter and Meta platforms.

2. This could be Musks undoing, it also may not be. I listened to people here say what a bad investment Tesla was 5 years ago and that was going to be his undoing…. it was not. We are all merely speculating and if we really knew anything we’d be Like Gib making money off bitcoin.

I think this may be the most appropriate approach with Musk: he is so mercurial and brilliant and full of sh** all at the same time that to definitively state one way or the other on his downfall or otherwise is a tricky proposition

Best to just watch it all unfold with a 'never a dull moment' mindset (assuming you arent leveraged up in one of his companies of course, which makes the ride a more perilous journey)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2023, 06:14:58 AM »
Twitter will be fine and eventually very profitable. It will eventually become the "everything" app. It will take time. Elon will still be very wealthy.

There is a reason that the only examples Musk uses of superapps  only operate in China, despite the success Tik Tok/Douyin has seen adapting to other parts of the world.  Isn't it interesting that Dorsey never significantly integrated CashApp into twitter, despite founding both and being the CEO of both at the same time during some points?  With the way Musk's other companies are run and the missteps he's made with the twitter takeover, there is a 0% chance of him maneuvering the regulatory hurdles to create a superapp  comparable to wechat.

It's also a private company with billions of dollars of yearly debt.  Time is not a luxury that Elon has when it comes to rebuilding twitter.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2023, 06:51:44 AM »
Payment apps haven’t exactly been killing either lately:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2023, 02:33:05 PM »
Title is (partly) an exaggeration, but Twitter has been a categorical mess for the last few days. 

Musk is trying to raise more investor funding at the inflated price he paid for the company.  Revenue and ad serve pages have plummeted, not only faster than anyone predicted, but at a pace that did not even seem possible a few months ago.

Until recently, I was 40/60 on whether he could shock everyone and turn it around, but I read that he's banning  links to other social media sites. I'm sure this will be reversed soon, after it drives twitter a little bit further into the ground, but to me, this was the clearest sign that he just doesn't understand social media enough to actually make it profitable. Being able to promote accounts on other platforms is a basic, vital  feature .

We can throw the idea that he's sly like a fox out the window. He's cashed in $40bn in Tesla stock as the stock plummets and major investors call for him to step down as ceo.

You also said hospitals were "overwhelmed" during the pandemic, and that never happened anywhere. Hospitals were empty across North America. In fact, 16,000 people in Canada died from having cancer screenings and other appointments cancelled in order to make room for a flood of Covid patients, when it never happened.

So why would we take you seriously now, Al Doggity? 🐶

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2023, 02:45:35 PM »
You also said hospitals were "overwhelmed" during the pandemic, and that never happened anywhere. Hospitals were empty across North America. In fact, 16,000 people in Canada died from having cancer screenings and other appointments cancelled in order to make room for a flood of Covid patients, when it never happened.

Funny you say that.....I just got out of the hospital for having a blood clot in my right lung.  Doctor said I was lucky to come in when I did, because I'd probably would have died in a day or two.

Anyways, I was talking to one of the young nurses taking care of me, and she said she started as a nurse when the pandemic started.

She said she had a whole wing of people from 80 to 40, die within a few days.

Seeing as my grandmother and father both died of Covid, I'm sorry that I don't see how some people scoff at this.

Hit me personally. Nurse said like 18 people in her care died within a few days....All ages.live in a dream land all you want, but the U.S. might actually got hit lightly.

I believe the piles of bodies in Wuhan China and the surrounding areas. I've had it at least twice myself. Fact is, you don't want it. All the right factors could come into place to punch your ticket.

Keep it up with your egos, boys.....

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2023, 03:39:35 PM »
Funny you say that.....I just got out of the hospital for having a blood clot in my right lung.  Doctor said I was lucky to come in when I did, because I'd probably would have died in a day or two.

Anyways, I was talking to one of the young nurses taking care of me, and she said she started as a nurse when the pandemic started.

Seeing as my grandmother and father both died of Covid, I'm sorry that I don't see how some people scoff at this.

Hit me personally. Nurse said like 18 people in her care died within a few days....All ages.live in a dream land all you want, but the U.S. might actually got hit lightly.

I believe the piles of bodies in Wuhan China and the surrounding areas. I've had it at least twice myself. Fact is, you don't want it. All the right factors could come into place to punch your ticket.

do you know anyone under 70 who died of covid?

Apart from elderly people dying it didnt really effect anyone.

Did you actually witness a pandemic yourself?

Did you see people dropping in the streets, ambulances flying around ferrying people to hospital.

During lockdowns it would have been obvious if there had been a pandemic, there would have only been abmulances on the road.

I didnt see any more than normal, I didnt see any funerals more than normal
I arranged a funeral for an 88 year old neighbour (not covid) and the undertakers said they werent busy at all,m I saw her at the end of the pandemic after lockdowns finished and they had only had 3 covid death funerals.

Believe your eyes not what the TV set told you.

I personally saw an empty hospital every day for six weeks during the height of the "second wave"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2023, 03:42:28 PM »
Title is (partly) an exaggeration, but Twitter has been a categorical mess for the last few days. 

Musk is trying to raise more investor funding at the inflated price he paid for the company.  Revenue and ad serve pages have plummeted, not only faster than anyone predicted, but at a pace that did not even seem possible a few months ago.

Until recently, I was 40/60 on whether he could shock everyone and turn it around, but I read that he's banning  links to other social media sites. I'm sure this will be reversed soon, after it drives twitter a little bit further into the ground, but to me, this was the clearest sign that he just doesn't understand social media enough to actually make it profitable. Being able to promote accounts on other platforms is a basic, vital  feature .

We can throw the idea that he's sly like a fox out the window. He's cashed in $40bn in Tesla stock as the stock plummets and major investors call for him to step down as ceo.

Elon broke yet?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2023, 03:48:08 PM »

Let’s not forget this guy...

ItalianLifter claimed that coronavirus nailed his town hard, bodies were being stacked in piles at the local church.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2023, 03:49:18 PM »
do you know anyone under 70 who died of covid?

Apart from elderly people dying it didnt really effect anyone.

Did you actually witness a pandemic yourself?

Did you see people dropping in the streets, ambulances flying around ferrying people to hospital.

During lockdowns it would have been obvious if there had been a pandemic, there would have only been abmulances on the road.

I didnt see any more than normal, I didnt see any funerals more than normal
I arranged a funeral for an 88 year old neighbour (not covid) and the undertakers said they werent busy at all,m I saw her at the end of the pandemic after lockdowns finished and they had only had 3 covid death funerals.

Believe your eyes not what the TV set told you.

I personally saw an empty hospital every day for six weeks during the height of the "second wave"
Pick two of your family members to die right now. Not cousins  or other distant relatives. I'm talking the ones that count the most.

Pick two of them to die right now. I didn't  get that choice. And yes I know of people who have died of Covid under 70.

I spoke to a nurse, she has no reason to lie. Bodies were stacked, in my region of Florida.

Maybe in bumb fuck Canada, it wasn't an issue, or maybe you didn't have any family members die from it. But I lived in the trenches.

One day your good. A few days later, you are dead.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2023, 03:50:07 PM »

I had no idea that happened. I'm glad you got in quickly, King. Yes, blood clots can absolutely kill a person within two days.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me a little more about that?

Specifically, what were the symptoms?

Oh really? That's weird, given that 99.9% of North Americans aged 40-49 survived this pandemic so far.

Look at the Candian stats [reference below]:

So far, 1,237 Canadians under age 40 died of it, out of 18,532,779 in that age range.

So 18,531,542 of 18,532,779 Canadians under age 40 have survived so far, after over three years of this.

That means the other 9.993% that age survived.

So no, King - there was nowhere in North America where young people died.

Where was this that supposedly young people died, King?

What hospital was this? Can you verify this nurse's claim by posting the obituaries?

Of course you can't, because it never happened.

In Canada, we spent a TRILLION dollars fighting Covid, King.

All for a virus which we had absolutely no power to do ANYTHING about, and something that any virology expert should have known there was nothing we could do about.

A TRILLION dollars. Let's pretend we saved 10,000 lives - that means we spent $100 MILLION per life that we saved.

I'm sure the USA spent roughly the same, on a per-capita basis.

Let's pretend we even saved 100,000 people. That would still be $10 million per life saved.

Do you think that's no big deal? Do you think going into more debt than in the entire history of Canada for the previous 153 years of this country was a rational expenditure to you?

Even if we saved a MILLION people, that would still be a million dollars per life we saved.

We never spend a MILLION dollars to save random people - let alone 80-year-olds, for crying out loud.

So we just spent $100 million so an 80-year-old can live to 83?

Is that rational to you?

Hey, let's just BANKRUPT North America to save a few octogenarians.

No. We don't do that. If we did, there are tens of thousands of people in North America who need organ transplants. Why not save them? Why is Covid different?

Furthermore, lockdowns saved basically nobody - and produced record breaking opioid overdoses and alcohol related emergency visits.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/johns-hopkins-university-study-covid-19-lockdowns

You also said you wore a mask "to help other people".

Meanwhile, your dad and grandmother still died [RIP]. Which is exactly why forcing mandates on people and violating people's freedoms was grossly unacceptable.

There is NOTHING anyone can do to stop this virus except to give extra protection to the elderly and the vulnerable. The ONLY 100% effective measure is self-isolation. Anything else is a half measure.

Covid is a flu for healthy people, let alone people non-elderly people.

I had it when it was it's strongest in the First Wave. I was sick [bedridden] for six days. I had three days of pre-symptoms, and another 11 days of sniffles.

So no, Covid is a not an issue for people who don't have severe underlying illness. Anything else is just cherry-picking. 🍒

Now I have robust natural immunity.

No, I'm not worried about Covid, and I expose myself to my friends with Covid every chance I get.

It's unfortunate your grandmother and father died of Covid, but we don't spent trillions of dollars and shut down the global economy and violate people's rights just because someone has a relative who dies.

Do you understand that feeling sorry that you had relatives who died, and accepting the massive economic destruction that pandemic measured caused are two different issues?

It's sad that you lost loved ones, but the government overreach was COMPLETELY unacceptable - and for that matter, completely illegal.

These are not the same issues.

REFERENCE [Figure 4]:

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/current-situation.html#figure6-header

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2023, 04:03:59 PM »
Pick two of your family members to die right now. Not cousins  or other distant relatives. I'm talking the ones that count the most.

Pick two of them to die right now. I didn't  get that choice. And yes I know of people who have died of Covid under 70.

I spoke to a nurse, she has no reason to lie. Bodies were stacked, in my region of Florida.

Maybe in bumb fuck Canada, it wasn't an issue, or maybe you didn't have any family members die from it. But I lived in the trenches.

Correct, but neither does anyone else when people die
My dad died after surgery for a brain tumour, I had no choice in the matter same as you.

As for the nurse, you only have her word for it.
Again , believe your own eyes, if you hadnt been told threre was apandemic and no one was wearing masks would you have even noticed?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2023, 04:07:24 PM »
I had no idea that happened. I'm glad you got in quickly, King. Yes, blood clots can absolutely kill a person within two days.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me a little more about that?

Specifically, what were the symptoms?

Oh really? That's weird, given that 99.9% of North Americans aged 40-49 survived this pandemic so far.

Look at the Candian stats [reference below]:

So far, 1,237 Canadians under age 40 died of it, out of 18,532,779 in that age range.

So 18,531,542 of 18,532,779 Canadians under age 40 have survived so far, after over three years of this.

That means the other 9.993% that age survived.

So no, King - there was nowhere in North America where young people died.

Where was this that supposedly young people died, King?

What hospital was this? Can you verify this nurse's claim by posting the obituaries?

Of course you can't, because it never happened.

In Canada, we spent a TRILLION dollars fighting Covid, King.

All for a virus which we had absolutely no power to do ANYTHING about, and something that any virology expert should have known there was nothing we could do about.

A TRILLION dollars. Let's pretend we saved 10,000 lives - that means we spent $100 MILLION per life that we saved.

I'm sure the USA spent roughly the same, on a per-capita basis.

Let's pretend we even saved 100,000 people. That would still be $10 million per life saved.

Do you think that's no big deal? Do you think going into more debt than in the entire history of Canada for the previous 153 years of this country was a rational expenditure to you?

Even if we saved a MILLION people, that would still be a million dollars per life we saved.

We never spend a MILLION dollars to save random people - let alone 80-year-olds, for crying out loud.

So we just spent $100 million so an 80-year-old can live to 83?

Is that rational to you?

Hey, let's just BANKRUPT North America to save a few octogenarians.

No. We don't do that. If we did, there are tens of thousands of people in North America who need organ transplants. Why not save them? Why is Covid different?

You also said you wore a mask "to help other people".

Meanwhile, your dad and grandmother still died [RIP]. Which is exactly why forcing mandates on people and violating people's freedoms was grossly unacceptable.

There is NOTHING anyone can do to stop this virus except to give extra protection to the elderly and the vulnerable. The ONLY 100% effective measure is self-isolation. Anything else is a half measure.

Covid is a flu for healthy people, let alone people non-elderly people.

I had it when it was it's strongest in the First Wave. I was sick [bedridden] for six days. I had three days of pre-symptoms, and another 11 days of sniffles.

So no, Covid is a not an issue for people who don't have severe underlying illness. Anything else is just cherry-picking. 🍒

Now I have robust natural immunity.

No, I'm not worried about Covid, and I expose myself to my friends with Covid every chance I get.

It's unfortunate your grandmother and father died of Covid, but we don't spent trillions of dollars and shut down the global economy and violate people's rights just because someone has a relative who dies.

Do you understand that feeling sorry that you had relatives who died, and accepting the massive economic destruction that pandemic measured caused are two different issues?

It's sad that you lost loved ones, but the government overreach was COMPLETELY unacceptable - and for that matter, completely illegal.

These are not the same issues.

REFERENCE [Figure 4]:

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/current-situation.html#figure6-header
Same thing, dude. When I had it I had bodyaches all over, and all I wanted to do was sleep for two days straight.

But... .if you are 23, and have asthma, do you deserve to die from Covid? Supposedly, overweight, diabetes, old age, and any other ailments, right?

It also has to do with proper oxygen content. My father was nearly ever sick, nor went to the doctor. My whole family: sister, me, my grandmother, and my father, all caught it at the same time. It was a baby shower. 

We all felt like shit a couple of days later, then we heard that my grandmother was in the hospital. She was in her mid 80's so I will give that. As for the rest of us, we suffered for the next few days.

I remember taking my temperature, and it was at 103.  My father said: " let's go to the hospital together". Me, being an asshole, basically told him to man up. Well... a day or two later, I hear a yell from his bedroom. "Shaun!". I open the door and he says, call an ambulance. I immediately sprang into action, because that ain't my dad.

A week later he was dead. A part of me died too.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »

Your emotional arguments don't change the fact that we spent a TRILLION dollars in Canada - and probably 10 trillion in the USA on this.

Do not think that money could have saved lives elsewhere, King? Every single person in North America in need of an organ transplant could have had one with that money.

I was lucky, in that I haven't lost anyone to Covid or lockdowns or the vaccine yet. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and it's sad you lost loved ones.

My friend's brother died of a Fentanal overdose, which he only started using again because lockdowns impacted his life situation.

Another friend lost two friends to suicide due to their businesses being closed during the pandemic. She also got vaccinated due to work and peer pressure, and lost her baby at six days old because of it.

I can take your emotional arguments and raise you just as many emotional arguments on the flip side.

That's why nobody is supporting mandates anymore - because most people know more people impacted or even killed by mandates than by the virus itself.

Only 25% of Canadians are boosted. Covid is still with us. Hospitalization numbers and deaths from Covid were higher in 2022 than during either 2020 or 2021.

Yet nobody cares anymore, because people now understand that these measures were causing more harm than good.

That never happened.

Ask her for names. Ask her for obituaries. Ask her for proof.
Maybe you should consider verifying claims when you hear them.

There were no "trenches". How old was your grandmother?

87?

You understand that people die, right King?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »
a whole wing of people from 80 to 40, die within a few days.

anyone admitted to a hospital for 'covid' has a death wish

tards will tard

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2023, 04:16:20 PM »
anyone admitted to a hospital for 'covid' has a death wish

tards will tard
He literally wasn't getting enough oxygen for every breath he took. He probably would have died 5 days earlier, if he wouldn't have gone to the hospital.

Some of you guys really are that stupid. This wasn't the flu.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2023, 04:18:16 PM »
Same thing, dude. When I had it I had bodyaches all over, and all I wanted to do was sleep for two days straight.

But... .if you are 23, and have asthma, do you deserve to die from Covid? Supposedly, overweight, diabetes, old age, and any other ailments, right?

It also has to do with proper oxygen content. My father was nearly ever sick, nor went to the doctor. My whole family: sister, me, my grandmother, and my father, all caught it at the same time. It was a baby shower. 

We all felt like shit a couple of days later, then we heard that my grandmother was in the hospital. She was in her mid 80's so I will give that. As for the rest of us, we suffered for the next few days.

I remember taking my temperature, and it was at 103.  My father said: " let's go to the hospital together". Me, being an asshole, basically told him to man up. Well... a day or two later, I hear a yell from his bedroom. "Shaun!". I open the door and he says, call an ambulance. I immediately sprang into action, because that ain't my dad.

A week later he was dead. A part of me died too.

Prior to your father's death, and before he got Covid, you specifically said you were being mindful of things like masking, and taking precautions.

What changed here, King?

Incidentally, your father's death was pretty rare. If he was under 70, I would be shocked.

Especially if he was under 70 without health conditions.

But it's not like those of us who opposed government overreach don't care that he died - it's that we know government overreach wasn't the answer, and caused more harm than good.

You seem to think because we are against mandates are vaccine coercion, that we don't care that your dad died.

I can speak for myself when I say that is not the case.

I suspect most of us on the anti-mandate side feel the same way.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2023, 04:24:26 PM »
He literally wasn't getting enough oxygen for every breath he took. He probably would have died 5 days earlier, if he wouldn't have gone to the hospital.

have u taken the shots yet?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2023, 04:24:33 PM »
Prior to your father's death, and before he got Covid, you specifically said you were being mindful of things like masking, and taking precautions.

What changed here, King?

Incidentally, your father's death was pretty rare. If he was under 70, I would be shocked.

Especially if he was under 70 without health conditions.

But it's not like those of us who opposed government overreach don't care that he died - it's that we know government overreach wasn't the answer, and caused more harm than good.

You seem to think because we are against mandates are vaccine coercion, that we don't care that your dad died.

I can speak for myself when I say that is not the case.

I suspect most of us on the anti-mandate side feel the same way.
Didn't wear a mask at all, unless it was required by a certain business. Same for my family. Not counting grandma,  I'm sure she wore a mask everywhere. Except when she thought she was safe with family. This was late August/early September of 2021.  She may have already had her vaccinations.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2023, 04:26:22 PM »
have u taken the shots yet?
No. Neither did he.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2023, 04:27:31 PM »

Get used to more people dying, as I said the UK now has 3000 deaths above the national 5 year average every single week
Im thinking of getting into the funeral business myself
Have you noticed the companies that are now setting up and for 2k you can have your relatives picked up from the morgue and cremated and ashes sent to you without having a funeral.

Guranteed they will be mass ovens and all in together and you will get a bag of dust.