Author Topic: Don't even know what to say anymore...  (Read 4460 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Don't even know what to say anymore...
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2022, 05:43:05 AM »
Explain why this is bad? It’s them fighting themselves?

x2

I can see the issues associated with MtF transgender fighting women, but it’s not really sporting to let them get beat on by men, either.  Aside from banning them entirely—which seems excessive—this is obviously the best solution

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2022, 05:52:29 AM »
Body dysmorphia and synthetic hormones are the lynchpins of modern bodybuilding.  We have more in common w transgender folks than most.

And given that many posters here seem to value personal liberty and limits on government intrusion into our personal lives, I’d expect more sympathy.  I don’t really understand transgender stuff but if some guy wants to shoot estrogen and live as a woman, more power to them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2022, 06:01:26 AM »
I may be old though I feel like a 21 year old kid, but I`m glad I grew up in the 60`s and 70`s......fuck these weird woke dickheads running around today with all this strange fucking bullshit they consider normal.

It`s NOT normal to a normal person.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2022, 06:23:47 AM »
The liberty assertion is correct. You're free to be a freak. That doesn't mean you're free from social derision and you don't get any special rights or protections.

The venture described in that article is a cynical one. They just want to see if there's profit in putting on a freakshow. If there is, and everyone involved is a consenting adult, then so be it. It'll be shortlived imo and the novelty will wear off quick.

The tranny movement is already past its peak. It was just a lever to try to increase government power through tolerance legislation but the will of the populace just isn't there for it. Pretty much everyone thinks it's silly and sad. Find me someone who really believes that a dude with V8 up his butt is all woman. Even progressives know it's nonsense. They just use it to troll conservatives because it drives the Christian Right right up the wall. Don't get so bent out of shape.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »
OK,I realize it`s an even playing field but it`s just weird.

Can`t you see how weird this world has gotten, and is getting.....it doesn`t impact my life on a personal level, but it`s fucking still weird.

My 2 mottos all my life have been "differentiate from the norm",and "why be normal",but this is just too much for me to align myself with.

To each his own,I guess.

Old values were and are better IMO.....just my 2 cc`s.

The world has always been weird, it's just for the first time because of the internet "weird" has come to your front door. 

At the end of the day these are just people, someone's kid, someone's friend, someone's relative trying to have a human experience, it just happens that their experience is a little different than us. Didnt you live through the civil rights fights in the 60s? can't you see the parallels?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
The world has always been weird, it's just for the first time because of the internet "weird" has come to your front door. 

At the end of the day these are just people, someone's kid, someone's friend, someone's relative trying to have a human experience, it just happens that their experience is a little different than us. Didnt you live through the civil rights fights in the 60s? can't you see the parallels?
Just one thing

"Your rights end where another persons begins"

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
I may be old though I feel like a 21 year old kid, but I`m glad I grew up in the 60`s and 70`s......fuck these weird woke dickheads running around today with all this strange fucking bullshit they consider normal.

why is normal good though?  You think you're normal? you think bodybuilding is normal? you think shooting roids is normal? have you met normal folks? boring, dull, idiots who never do nothing with their lives other than being a worker bee.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2022, 10:41:57 AM »
Just one thing

"Your rights end where another persons begins"

how is the wbc creating a trans diving infringing on your rights to do anything?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2022, 10:45:16 AM »
how is the wbc creating a trans diving infringing on your rights to do anything?

you were making a general point about a selection of people.

Im with you, people can do what they like and yes having their own section may seem like a good thing now but I sense mission creep.

I dont insist people call me hetrosexual amd demand they use pronouns when they talk to me.

They have a right to be trans and I have a right to ignore it, we dont want laws telling us we have to accept it

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2022, 10:47:34 AM »

This.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2022, 10:48:52 AM »

Im with you, people can do what they like and yes having their own section may seem like a good thing now but I sense mission creep.

I dont insist people call me hetrosexual amd demand they use pronouns when they talk to me.

They have a right to be trans and I have a right to ignore it, we dont want laws telling us we have to accept it
But you'd be peeved if someone intentionally called you Gay or Madame over and over wouldn't you? 

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2022, 10:52:34 AM »
But you'd be peeved if someone intentionally called you Gay or Madame over and over wouldn't you?

No not at all, I would think they were mentally ill and treat them as such...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2022, 02:07:54 PM »
You stupid wife hating boy diddling freak - you can’t comprehend. I never said I had to agree. I don’t “CARE” so long as it doesn’t affect me (in which case I feel righteous in killing the offender) - but I DO have opinions. You weak men don’t seem to handle that concept too well. Any opposing opinion is an extreme act of aggression that you feel the need to be “protected” from.

Your above response seems emotionally charged, like a meltdown.

Normally, when someone wants their opinion and reasoning to be understood, they don't start off insulting the person to whom they are replying.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2022, 02:25:39 PM »
why is normal good though?  You think you're normal? you think bodybuilding is normal? you think shooting roids is normal? have you met normal folks? boring, dull, idiots who never do nothing with their lives other than being a worker bee.

Residue just admit you are a tranny and end it already.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2022, 02:35:08 PM »

Do homosexuals, transsexuals, and people think of themselves as gender neutral demand we address them using specific pronouns or are they simply asking for folks do this?

When I was a kid, my friends would often call my mom mam or Mrs. Osborne. Most likely because this was the polite way to address someone's mother. However, my mom preferred to be called by her first name, Mimi, so that is what she asked my them to do. Most still did as they'd been taught but a few did what she asked.

To be honest, I struggle with what pronoun to use when addressing or talking about folks. It is awkward because it is not what I am used to. Never-the-less, I don't see where it is such a big deal to address folks as they want to be.

It is hard for me to ignore when someone is trans because they stand out in a group of non-trans folks. I try not to stare, but obvious trans folks are a visual curiosity. If I knew some trans folks personally, I might see it differently. 

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2022, 03:34:55 PM »
Ive been saying since this crap started (like in swimming, etc) let them have their own division.
Let them kill each other for all I care. 

But letting "men" (who say they are female) beat up on normal women, that's f**in insane.
So I think this is a good thing (for them).

But yes, its also "woketarded"...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2022, 03:39:59 PM »
Mental illness normalized.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2022, 04:21:52 PM »
Do homosexuals, transsexuals, and people think of themselves as gender neutral demand we address them using specific pronouns or are they simply asking for folks do this?

When I was a kid, my friends would often call my mom mam or Mrs. Osborne. Most likely because this was the polite way to address someone's mother. However, my mom preferred to be called by her first name, Mimi, so that is what she asked my them to do. Most still did as they'd been taught but a few did what she asked.

To be honest, I struggle with what pronoun to use when addressing or talking about folks. It is awkward because it is not what I am used to. Never-the-less, I don't see where it is such a big deal to address folks as they want to be.

It is hard for me to ignore when someone is trans because they stand out in a group of non-trans folks. I try not to stare, but obvious trans folks are a visual curiosity. If I knew some trans folks personally, I might see it differently.

People I work with now have their pronouns on their e-mail accounts
If I used another pronoun I would lose my job

So yes, they are insisting I use the correct pronouns

Highlighting what pronouns they want is like a warning.
Use these or else...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2022, 05:07:56 PM »

Use these or else...

Truth.

It's a demand.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2022, 05:16:31 PM »

Dont talk fucking stupid, you allocate a pronoun that suits them, if its a woman its she or her and if its a man its he or him.

If they are daft enough to think you should assume they are anything but that its their problem

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2022, 05:32:49 PM »

Use these or else...

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying if someone says on their email account that they identify as ‘they’ and you refer to them as ‘he’ or ‘she’, you'd be canned? This is nuts! I don't know about you, but I have a heck of a time remembering which pronoun to use or even remembering to use it when addressing someone. Because of this I often avoid pronouns altogether and stick to calling them by their name or whatever name they choose to be called by.

Well, I sympathize with you if this is the case. Luckily, I can no longer be fired since I retired. I guess this means I can pretty much call people whatever I like and tough on them if they don't like it.  ;D

Change can be a bitch. Not only that but keeping up with the latest changes at my age is next to impossible. Not that I am getting senile or anything… which is too bad, so sad for those on Getbig who claim I am or wish I would.

You can call me Prime or you can call me Jay, but please don’t call me they or them… otherwise I will be forced to ask your idiot employer to fire you. 

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »
So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying if someone says on their email account that they identify as ‘they’ and you refer to them as ‘he’ or ‘she’, you'd be canned? This is nuts! I don't know about you, but I have a heck of a time remembering which pronoun to use or even remembering to use it when addressing someone. Because of this I often avoid pronouns altogether and stick to calling them by their name or whatever name they choose to be called by.

Well, I sympathize with you if this is the case. Luckily, I can no longer be fired since I retired. I guess this means I can pretty much call people whatever I like and tough on them if they don't like it.  ;D

Change can be a bitch. Not only that but keeping up with the latest changes at my age is next to impossible. Not that I am getting senile or anything… which is too bad, so sad for those on Getbig who claim I am or wish I would.

You can call me Prime or you can call me Jay, but please don’t call me they or them… otherwise I will be forced to ask your idiot employer to fire you.

If they complained yes, highly likely
They are pushing the Diversity agenda like a fucking roundabout at the moment

I was going to add mine as no-one and nobody as would be my right in a diverse company , but we all know what would happen if I did that.

Thing is you tend not to use pronouns when talking too someone, its normally when you talk about them when refering to them "Is she going out?" for example

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2022, 06:34:42 PM »

It's the issue which launched Jordan Peterson to fame. The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (or something like that) defined the use of wrong pronouns as a minor criminal offence and said it would issue fines. Peterson countered that compelled speech for all was a greater infringement on rights, and that such laws are a defining characteristic of totalitarian governments.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2022, 06:49:34 PM »
If they complained yes, highly likely
They are pushing the Diversity agenda like a fucking roundabout at the moment

I was going to add mine as no-one and nobody as would be my right in a diverse company , but we all know what would happen if I did that.

Thing is you tend not to use pronouns when talking too someone, its normally when you talk about them when refering to them "Is she going out?" for example

No-one and nobody... clever and yet confusing. Using your example,  "Is no-one going out?" or "Is nobody going out?" and another "Are they going out?" Okay, now I am getting me-self confused. But, last time they checked between his legs, I was still he/him.  This is all just too much for an old him on New Year's Eve. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2022, 09:41:46 PM »

Would you be ?