Author Topic: Our gym is one of the best in Rio  (Read 1698 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Our gym is one of the best in Rio
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2023, 05:50:13 AM »
I`ve never travelled at all.........internationa lly that is....I envy you.

For real?

Ok, if you could a trip anywhere for free what would it be?  Where would you go?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2023, 05:52:16 AM »
For real?

Ok, if you could a trip anywhere for free what would it be?  Where would you go?
I`m leary of third world countries for starters,but I`d probably choose England or Italy as my two top places.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2023, 05:56:32 AM »
I've never been anywhere (out of the US) myself. Except for Aruba a few times. (If that even counts).
And even that was 30 years ago.  Homebody of peace...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2023, 07:08:11 AM »
I`m leary of third world countries for starters,but I`d probably choose England or Italy as my two top places.

Actually those two are on my Always Go list.  There are some trips I will never pass up.  Besides those two, France, Germany, Greece, Baltics, Switzerland.

A few places that I will always pass up : Isreal/Jordan/Egypt (been there more than once, no further interest), Mexico/Latin/South America,  Africa and most of the cruise options.

One of the best trips I have ever done was when he put together an itinerary about WW2 history. It started in Normandy and followed the route that Americans took as they moved inland after the invasion.  Covered a lot ground and small sites but some big ones too. Saw two of the concentration camps that were used near the end.   Incredible experience.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2023, 07:11:32 AM »
I've never been anywhere (out of the US) myself. Except for Aruba a few times. (If that even counts).
And even that was 30 years ago.  Homebody of peace...

At this point my own personal dream vacation would be to have these two weeks to go spend with my parents.  Not to diminish these trips because they are basically other people’s dreams but after doing these multiple times some of the magic is gone.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 07:30:33 AM »
Actually those two are on my Always Go list.  There are some trips I will never pass up.  Besides those two, France, Germany, Greece, Baltics, Switzerland.

A few places that I will always pass up : Isreal/Jordan/Egypt (been there more than once, no further interest), Mexico/Latin/South America,  Africa and most of the cruise options.

One of the best trips I have ever done was when he put together an itinerary about WW2 history. It started in Normandy and followed the route that Americans took as they moved inland after the invasion.  Covered a lot ground and small sites but some big ones too. Saw two of the concentration camps that were used near the end.   Incredible experience.
That`s awesome brother,but I now officially hate you!  LOL  ;D

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023, 08:25:39 AM »

I like the third world travels but once you've been to them once there isn't a strong pull to do a second trip. And you really appreciate the air quality in the big cities in USA and Europe versus big cities in Africa/Asia/South America.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023, 08:51:26 AM »

I was thinking of doing one of the “Band of Brothers” tours summer 2024 if they do some anniversary type stuff. I wanted to go for the 100 year World War One stuff back in 2019 but couldn’t make it work. Went to Austria and Germany in spring of 2019 instead.

If this is your side gig, I assume you do some type of work from home thing as a full time job?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 09:19:17 AM »

Greece is pretty amazing, especially from a food standpoint.

I imagine Italy is as well, but have not gone there.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2023, 12:02:23 PM »

I was thinking of doing one of the “Band of Brothers” tours summer 2024 if they do some anniversary type stuff. I wanted to go for the 100 year World War One stuff back in 2019 but couldn’t make it work. Went to Austria and Germany in spring of 2019 instead.

If this is your side gig, I assume you do some type of work from home thing as a full time job?

I work full time with a large hospital network.   Mostly from home but occasional office visits when I need talk to people regarding some of the data.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2023, 02:08:46 PM »

love it here...  :D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2023, 10:56:14 AM »
Rio or DR?

Q