Author Topic: Re-occuring Nightmare  (Read 3823 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Re-occuring Nightmare
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2023, 02:33:26 PM »
No I have been having this re-occuring nightmare for about a year. I am sometimes in boarding school or college or the Army and it's like a dining hall but I am in the back of the line and they shut down before I get to the front or I don't have the proper attire to go into the dining room and I am trying to get ready as the food is disappearing. Or it's like a private party and I am stealing the food and trying to stuff it in my pockets and get away but I never get to eat anything
It means you have repressed memories and you struggle with your sexuality

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2023, 04:14:15 PM »
his posting style has changed
He now makes jokes, he never made a joke in the previous 2 years

His posts have gone from the blatantly moronic to the subtle trolling well beyond our "village idiot" Brian

If you havent noticed that then you are dumber than Brian

Crack on replying to the posts

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2023, 04:20:53 PM »

Quite possibly your best post ever. Build off of this.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2023, 04:44:36 PM »
Bhank,

I'm concerned.

There could be something to this. I'd suspect a few possibilities. Maybe, it's simply a nutrient deficiency. Studies have shown that Vitamin B6, D and Calcium deficiency can all lead to bad dreams and nightmares. If it's simply that, a good multivitamin and a well-balanced diet might do the trick Bhank.

It could also be nightmares induced by post-traumatic stress disorder of some sort. Were you deprived of food when young? Did you experience neglect in a way that now fosters food insecurity? If there is more to this, you could possibly have some underlying PTSD that might respond well to an SSRI (like Zoloft) and possibly some psychotherapy.

If neither of the aforementioned sound like your story, there are some medications that have been shown to be effective for nightmares (Prazosin, Guanfacine, Clonidine etc.).

I wish you well.

"1"

Yes I have this fear all the food will be taken away and I will starve

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2023, 04:45:37 PM »
Despite having good teeth, I have a recurrent dream of my teeth falling out.

Another recurring dream is being in school and failing a test or not having enough credits to graduate or not knowing where my classes are.

I wish I had more dreams like bhanks.

I had dreams of not knowing if I was supposed to be in class or had an exam for years after college

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2023, 04:59:00 PM »
Despite having good teeth, I have a recurrent dream of my teeth falling out.

Oh and this one too!!  I find myself (in my dream) picking away at my loose teeth, and being horrified that I can just 'wobble' them out into my hand - Christ that just stirred up some mind-sediment!!!  :o :P :-\
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2023, 05:00:47 PM »

Or fuck off forever and never come back...?

I mean, no offense, I'm just presenting another option, is all...
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2023, 05:11:38 PM »
So I keep having this same dream where I am in like boarding school or the military and the dining hall is  out of food I am there at the wrong hour or the people in front of me got the last of it. I am always really frustrated because I see food but can't seem to get any of it. This is how I know I am not eating too much. The body is begging me to eat more. I wake up and have to eat.

That is one way you can interpret your dream of not getting any food. Something to consider is our stomachs adjust to how much we put in them. Hunger pangs may be caused by an empty stomach and a need or hunger to eat, or they may be caused by your body being in a routine of eating certain amounts of food or eating at specific times of day. Each person's body is unique.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2023, 05:37:38 PM »
So I keep having this same dream where I am in like boarding school or the military and the dining hall is  out of food I am there at the wrong hour or the people in front of me got the last of it. I am always really frustrated because I see food but can't seem to get any of it. This is how I know I am not eating too much. The body is begging me to eat more. I wake up and have to eat.

This is one way to interpret your dream. But your subconscious can get this wrong. Hunger pangs don't always mean you need to eat. True, they may be caused by an empty stomach and a real need to eat, or they may be caused by your body being used to a particular routine of eating certain amounts of food or eating at specific times.

There are many other reasons someone can feel hungry when their body doesn't need more food. What you eat contributes to this as do hormones. Fiber is a carb that takes longer to digest thus slows your stomach’s emptying rate. Fiber also promotes the release of appetite-suppressing hormones. Protein tends to cause feelings of fullness more than meals with greater proportions of carbs or fats. So, if you are eating meals with too many fats and carbs which digest quicker you may be feeling hungry when there is no need for more nutrition.

Dreaming of being hungry can also be caused by a lack of emotional fulfillment which has nothing to do with food or physical nutrition. In other words, dreams of not getting enough to eat may represent a need for nourishment of the body, soul, or spirit.

Dreams are often triggered by past memorable experiences, both pleasant and unpleasant. Did you ever attend a boarding school or spend time at a summer camp? Maybe your dream is a remembrance of something that happened while you were there which is relevant to eating and hunger or not.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2023, 06:15:30 PM »

Recurring nightmares can be distressing and can affect your overall well-being. It's important to identify the underlying cause of your nightmare and address it in order to alleviate its frequency.

Based on your description, it seems like your nightmare is related to the fear of not having enough resources or being denied access to something that you need. This could be related to food, but it may also reflect deeper concerns about your personal or professional life.

Here are a few possible interpretations and suggestions for addressing this recurring nightmare:

Anxiety about scarcity: The dream may reflect an underlying fear of scarcity or a sense of not having enough. This could be related to your finances, job security, or other areas of your life where you feel uncertain or insecure. To address this, try to identify specific steps you can take to increase your sense of security and abundance, such as saving money, seeking out new job opportunities, or improving your financial literacy.
Struggle with control: The dream may also reflect a sense of powerlessness or a struggle to control your environment. You may feel frustrated that you are unable to access the resources you need or that you are at the mercy of others' decisions. To address this, try to identify areas of your life where you can take more control or make decisions that are within your power.
Unmet needs: Finally, the dream may reflect an unmet need for nourishment or fulfillment in your waking life. This could be related to your diet, your relationships, or your career. To address this, try to identify specific steps you can take to meet these needs, such as eating a more balanced diet, seeking out more fulfilling relationships or hobbies, or exploring new career opportunities.”

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2023, 06:23:39 PM »
I have had the and recurring nightmare for about 20 years. I’m running through the woods on a mountain hiding from the cops cause I killed a few guys. I wake up thinking I’m still on the run, it’s crazy. I’ve prob had it over 100 times. It’s scary shit.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2023, 06:31:03 PM »
I have had the and recurring nightmare for about 20 years. I’m running through the woods on a mountain hiding from the cops cause I killed a few guys. I wake up thinking I’m still on the run, it’s crazy. I’ve prob had it over 100 times. It’s scary shit.

relax Rob its probably not a dream, just a premonition of a future incident you will be involved in.

just wait for it to play out. i'm sure they will stop after it happens. lmao

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2023, 06:40:33 PM »
relax Rob its probably not a dream, just a premonition of a future incident you will be involved in.

just wait for it to play out. i'm sure they will stop after it happens. lmao

Hahaha, my wife and mother say the same thing pretty much.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2023, 06:49:02 PM »

X2

X200

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »

Very well stated.

"1"

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2023, 09:00:57 PM »
bhanky is proof that it doesn't take any effort at all to be a fucking loser.  So he's got that goin' for  him.
Which is nice.  FOAD bhanky.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2023, 10:04:15 PM »
Brutal if true

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2023, 10:05:14 PM »

My nikka

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2023, 10:07:55 PM »
Because you actually killed people irl, and got away with it

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2023, 10:11:34 PM »
Bhanks how is your health now? I haven't kept up, but last time I saw that you had blood pressure issues, and anal bleeding.

Has that been resolved? Would it not be wise to go off gear for a bit while this resolves? What if something else is wrong?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2023, 12:06:03 AM »
No I have been having this re-occuring nightmare for about a year. I am sometimes in boarding school or college or the Army and it's like a dining hall but I am in the back of the line and they shut down before I get to the front or I don't have the proper attire to go into the dining room and I am trying to get ready as the food is disappearing. Or it's like a private party and I am stealing the food and trying to stuff it in my pockets and get away but I never get to eat anything

I don't understand this...

If you were cutting and hungry a lot, I could see your brain dealing with that situation by prompting you to eat by way of reminding you to do so through dreams/nightmares.

What I don't understand is why you would get nightmares like that more suitable for an anorexic.

Do you have body dysmorphia, B. Hank? Do you consider yourself small, no matter how big you get?

Because I just don't understand why you would get such nightmares unless you were cutting body fat / going hungry off, as a say for your brain to tell you to eat more.

So if it's not that, what is the root cause of these nightmares? Do you always consider yourself small, regardless of how you actually look?

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2023, 03:41:55 AM »
T

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2023, 04:48:05 AM »
Bhanks how is your health now? I haven't kept up, but last time I saw that you had blood pressure issues, and anal bleeding.

Has that been resolved? Would it not be wise to go off gear for a bit while this resolves? What if something else is wrong?

My blood pressure is ideal and I am not passing blood. My heart rate is elevated as always. I have a surgery for my umbilical hernia scheduled in July

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2023, 04:49:52 AM »
I don't understand this...

If you were cutting and hungry a lot, I could see your brain dealing with that situation by prompting you to eat by way of reminding you to do so through dreams/nightmares.

What I don't understand is why you would get nightmares like that more suitable for an anorexic.

Do you have body dysmorphia, B. Hank? Do you consider yourself small, no matter how big you get?

Because I just don't understand why you would get such nightmares unless you were cutting body fat / going hungry off, as a say for your brain to tell you to eat more.

So if it's not that, what is the root cause of these nightmares? Do you always consider yourself small, regardless of how you actually look?

My body wants more nutrients and food it is still recovering I was 218lbs before bed last night I am heading back to a more comfortable weight

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2023, 04:52:44 AM »
I keep having a reoccuring dream that a mid sized airplane crashes in my yard.....been having this for many decades............I`ve been wearing a parachute to bed for years now.