Author Topic: The Ten Commandments Upheld in Court  (Read 15925 times)

Johnny Apollo

Re: The Ten Commandments Upheld in Court
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 05:21:15 PM »
I rarely call people names on here but this is justified......Johnny you're a fucking idiot. It's not my claim genius.
Those are not articles, those are the ACTUAL words from the documents of the United States.

AGAIN MORON......http://townhall.com/townhall/america101.html

Looks like I owned you, your ignorance has taken on a new high!!

I didn't even read it jackass. ::)

All that is is a list of varioius speeches(mostly reagan) and court decisions. Explain now how this supports your claim that "America was founded on christianity".

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 06:09:16 PM »

I didn't even read it jackass. ::)

All that is is a list of varioius speeches(mostly reagan) and court decisions. Explain now how this supports your claim that "America was founded on christianity".

Gee Johnny, I didn't realized Reagan was around in the 1700's, I know he was old but........ Look dude you obviously can't admit you know nothing about anything and that last quote proved it......JACKASS!!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 06:14:16 PM »
Gee Johnny, I didn't realized Reagan was around in the 1700's, I know he was old but........ Look dude you obviously can't admit you know nothing about anything and that last quote proved it......JACKASS!!

From the site you posted...

Jan. 20, 1981 - Ronald Reagan: First Inaugural Address
Apr. 28, 1981 - Reagan: "Economic Recovery Program"
Jan. 26, 1982 - Reagan: First State of the Union Address
Feb. 26, 1982 - Reagan: CPAC 1982-"The Agenda is Victory"
Jun. 8, 1982 - Reagan: "The Evil Empire" Speech to the House of Commons
Feb. 18, 1983 - Reagan: CPAC 1983 "We Will Not Be Turned Back"
Mar. 23, 1983 - Reagan: Announcement of Strategic Defense Initiative
Mar. 2, 1984 - Reagan: "Our Noble Vision: An Opportunity for All"
Jun. 6, 1984 - Reagan: Speech at Pointe de Hoc
Jun. 6, 1984 - Reagan: D-day Address at Normandy
Jan. 21, 1985 - Reagan: Second Inaugural Address
Mar. 8, 1985 - Reagan: CPAC 1985 "Creators of the Future"
Jan. 28, 1986 - Reagan: Speech on The Challenger Disaster
1986 - Reagan: "Forward For Freedom"
1987 - Reagan: "A Future That Works"
Feb. 11, 1988 - Reagan: "On The Frontier of Freedom"
1988 - Reagan: Farewell Address
1992 - Reagan: 1992 Republican National Convention
Mar. 23, 1993 - Statement on 10th Anniversary of SDI
1994 - Reagan: 83rd Birthday Speech

::)

Posting something as unspecific as this in a defence america was founded on christianity(Which our forefathers have stated it wasn't) makes me a jackass eh?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »

From the site you posted...

::)

Posting something as unspecific as this in a defence america was founded on christianity(Which our forefathers have stated it wasn't) makes me a jackass eh?

Holy shit you're such an idiot you leave me speechless!!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 07:03:31 PM »
Holy shit you're such an idiot you leave me speechless!!

I believe the term is "I don't know what the fuck to say since Johnny just owned me."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 09:51:11 PM »

I believe the term is "I don't know what the f**k to say since Johnny just owned me."

What do you do...just pick a link and post it and think you owned someone? Let me help. I post the U.S. Constitution and the Delaration of Independence and the Magna Carta. Those came 200 years before Reagan. If anyone should be banned for being an idiot....it's you!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 10:01:09 PM »
ok sorry,  what does it mean 10 commandments upheld in court?

If i like the way Kelly Rippa looks i could go to jail?  (i don't care for her by the way!)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 10:28:09 PM »
What do you do...just pick a link and post it and think you owned someone? Let me help. I post the U.S. Constitution and the Delaration of Independence and the Magna Carta. Those came 200 years before Reagan. If anyone should be banned for being an idiot....it's you!

The U.S. Constitution?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Hmm...That couldn't be it now could it?

The Declaration of Independence?

Well now that doesn't mention "christianity" at all and only mentions "god" once in the context of "natures God". So to claim this is evidence of our country being founded on christianity is..How do you say in America? Oh yea.."BULLSHIT".

Not only that but the Declaration of Independence was written PRIOR to the foundation of our government. Or didn't you learn that in History class?

The Magna Carta?? HAHA!  The Magna Carta was an English Charter composed in 1215!! This is over 200 years before columbus ever found north America and over 500 years before the United States was even formed!

You obviously flunked History class.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 06:01:22 AM »

Well now that doesn't mention "christianity" at all and only mentions "god" once in the context of "natures God". So to claim this is evidence of our country being founded on christianity is..How do you say in America? Oh yea.."BULLSHIT".

You conveniently left out this...

"We hold the truths to be self-evident, that all men are CREATED equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

Mr. Intenseone

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »
You conveniently left out this...

"We hold the truths to be self-evident, that all men are CREATED equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

So where does Christianity fall into this? "Creator" doesn't imply Christianity.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »
http://townhall.com/townhall/america101.html?rowid=11

That's the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom which was written by Thomas Jefferson where he argues AGAINST forced religion.

WE the General Assembly of Virginia do enact that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil rights.

Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Christian either. Any mentions of "God" is a Deistic God not a Christian God.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 07:36:23 AM »
ok sorry,  what does it mean 10 commandments upheld in court?

If i like the way Kelly Rippa looks i could go to jail?  (i don't care for her by the way!)
Liar! You like that skinny, lanky, Helen Hunt look! ;D Oh yeah I remembered!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2006, 07:43:26 AM »
We don't kill because it doesn't benefit society. We feel bad when we do it(most people) because that feeling of empathy evolved into us.
Man Johnny, you must not have been around any ghettoes or gang life.
Not to mention, any tribe not exposed to the standards of regular life, would KILL anyone who would try to disrupt their tribe or take their territory. The native Indians fought to the death amonst each other. It was that way for 1,000 of years before modernization. DUH! You should have known that. ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
Liar! You like that skinny, lanky, Helen Hunt   look! Grin Oh yeah I remembered!

Nah!  But she did have a nice back side in her day!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 06:56:19 PM »
Man Johnny, you must not have been around any ghettoes or gang life.
Not to mention, any tribe not exposed to the standards of regular life, would KILL anyone who would try to disrupt their tribe or take their territory. The native Indians fought to the death amonst each other. It was that way for 1,000 of years before modernization. DUH! You should have known that. ::)

All civlizations fight. Fighting is also part of our behavior.

However people conceptualize "reasons" for killing as an excuse not to feel bad about it...And even then they feel bad about it.

Indian tribes wouldn't kill randomly. They would only kill intruders. They conceptualized that this is for the better good despite their personal feelings.

Same goes for any war. Soldiers usually have to train themselves to be able to kill others and even then they feel bad about it most of the time.

Empathy is part of our evolution.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »
Notice how Mr. Intenseone stopped responding...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:15 PM »
Empathy is part of our evolution.

You still haven't answered the "morals in our genes question"

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »
You still haven't answered the "morals in our genes question"

Morality is actions of right and wrong.

Our knowledge of morality comes form our genetics.

Our genetics evolved through natural selection.

If we didn't have "empathy" we wouldn't of lasted very long. Empathy is feeling bad when you do bad things to others.

Evolutionarly speaking if a population doesn't have empathy it can't survive. The individuals would be killing eachother left and right. Therefor some mechanism of feeling had to evolve that makes people feel bad when they do bad things to others to prevent chaos.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »

Prove it.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 07:40:15 PM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »
prove it. 

You just made a statement, an assertion only.

BTW   yes or no Johnny?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:04 PM »
prove it. 

You just made a statement, an assertion only.

BTW   yes or no Johnny?

Can't you read?

If we didn't have "empathy" we wouldn't of lasted very long. Empathy is feeling bad when you do bad things to others.

Evolutionarly speaking if a population doesn't have empathy it can't survive. The individuals would be killing eachother left and right. Therefor some mechanism of feeling had to evolve that makes people feel bad when they do bad things to others to prevent chaos.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »

The same argument could be made with the exsistence of God. 

Prove it the way you tried to prove evolution

That's what i'm looking for.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong here.  So put your defenses down in this case.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »

Now I know he doesn't have any kids! Hmmmmm....okay Mr. Wizard when a child bites or hits another child (1 1/2 to 2 yrs old) the other will either:

1. Cry
2. FIght back

If not for interjection from an adult, these children would grow up DOING THE SAME THING, unless they were TAUGHT differently. That's why we teach them or they would be tyrants.