Author Topic: Movie Recommendations  (Read 17658 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2023, 04:26:00 PM »
Might try "The Burning" if you like "Friday The 13th", it has a similar vibe -

Not sure if it will play in the Uk, but you can watch it in great quality here for free - https://tubitv.com/movies/486577/the-burning .

Also that Tubi free tv service has some surprisingly good films on offer.

Tubi is prob my favorite out of all of them and it’s the only one I don’t pay for.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2023, 04:42:22 PM »

&t=19s   if you haven't seen it, this one is worth a watch.
Really cool flick !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2023, 04:47:22 PM »
The Hidden"

....awesome fucking movie....thank me later!!!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2023, 05:34:01 PM »
Just watched this.  Good flick.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2023, 05:36:36 PM »
Just watched this.  Good flick.

Damn good movie Nat.

If you like Gregory Peck,check out "The Gunfighter".

While you`re at it........"The Wild Bunch" is a classic.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2023, 04:19:43 AM »
Damn good movie Nat.

If you like Gregory Peck,check out "The Gunfighter".

While you`re at it........"The Wild Bunch" is a classic.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2023, 12:49:42 PM »

here's some drive in movie trash films for you.
F

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2023, 04:12:48 PM »
here's some drive in movie trash films for you.

I've never watched Kentucky Fried Movie - although I've heard about it of course - is it worth a watch then?

And just to compound my status as GetBig GayLord, this afternoon I watched the Costner movie: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves...  and much to my surprise, despite its cheesiness I thoroughly f**king enjoyed it!  ;D
T

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2023, 04:31:07 PM »
I've never watched Kentucky Fried Movie - although I've heard about it of course - is it worth a watch then?

And just to compound my status as GetBig GayLord, this afternoon I watched the Costner movie: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves...  and much to my surprise, despite its cheesiness I thoroughly f**king enjoyed it!  ;D

I remember Rickman nailed it, just like always. The guy who misses his friend Andy reprised his role as a magic negro, and Slater's Will Scarlet seemed to have been left in the editing room. I trust you dug The Costner's occasional efforts to affect an accent approximating something vaguely Britishey?

I preferred Crowe's "Beefcake of Thieves." Costner's only good role was Bull Durham, alongside Susan "ya got any coffee" Sarandon and Tim Robbins. Great flick.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2023, 04:33:01 PM »

Well let us know when you watch Robin Hood men in tights and  you will be the official getbig Gaylord.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2023, 04:42:33 PM »

KFM and The Groove Tube are hilarious films of my teenage years.  Lots of the humor is dated, but they're worth a watch.

If you're a fan of Enter the Dragon, you MUST watch KFM.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2023, 01:25:38 AM »
On a sidenote Mr. USA and stunt double for Louies Hulk character, Manuel Perry, makes a brief appearance in KFM.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2023, 01:53:43 AM »

One of the GOAT movies. If that film is gay, then put me in a woman's thong and call me Hankins. Canada's greatest man Bryan effin' Adams on the soundtrack too.

One of my favourite pastimes is to ragdoll my girlfriend around the house. I always quote that line from the wicked witch scene where she grabs Maid Marian by the womb and tells Alan Rickman to shag her: "She's ripe! She will give us a son. You must take her now."

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2023, 05:27:28 AM »

big jim slade to the rescue.
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2023, 07:21:26 AM »
I just throat em until they show me their lunch and then the foreplay is done. Have I been doing it wrong?

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2023, 09:14:55 AM »
Tubi is prob my favorite out of all of them and it’s the only one I don’t pay for.

Tubi is awesome. The way they do commercials is really cool. My wife has subscribed to almost every possible paid subscription and there are FAR more commercials on Hulu live and Paramount + than there are on Tubi.
Tubi has a catalog that seems to be infinite. Rob have you checked out any of the Tubi originals? I can’t remember the names but there were a couple that were really good. I also like to show my much younger wife some of the old tv shows that we had back in the 70’s. Our daughter and her husband can by and I was watching Barnaby Jones (I think) and they were laughing, but when I said we didn’t have much choice with literally only 3 channels + PBS (and sometimes would catch another station) they were blown away. They didn’t believe when I told them as kids we would think it was cool to stay up until the TV went off air - or wake up and tune in to watch the th go from static to being back on air!
Those were some pretty simple times when I think back.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2023, 09:18:41 AM »
Tubi is awesome. The way they do commercials is really cool. My wife has subscribed to almost every possible paid subscription and there are FAR more commercials on Hulu live and Paramount + than there are on Tubi.
Tubi has a catalog that seems to be infinite. Rob have you checked out any of the Tubi originals? I can’t remember the names but there were a couple that were really good. I also like to show my much younger wife some of the old tv shows that we had back in the 70’s. Our daughter and her husband can by and I was watching Barnaby Jones (I think) and they were laughing, but when I said we didn’t have much choice with literally only 3 channels + PBS (and sometimes would catch another station) they were blown away. They didn’t believe when I told them as kids we would think it was cool to stay up until the TV went off air - or wake up and tune in to watch the th go from static to being back on air!
I love Tubi as well,my only problem is that there are so many movies I surf and watch trailers foe what seems like forever as opposed to watching a damn movie!  :D

Great channel............my wife likes Netflix or I would cancel it......it sux IMO.

Tubi blows it out of the water.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2023, 09:48:34 AM »
I love Tubi as well,my only problem is that there are so many movies I surf and watch trailers foe what seems like forever as opposed to watching a damn movie!  :D

Great channel............my wife likes Netflix or I would cancel it......it sux IMO.

Tubi blows it out of the water.

I know what you mean man. The library of movies is insane. You can start looking for a movie on Tubi and an hour later realize that you’ve watched 50 trailers and added 30 to your watch list! There is no fckn way you can “finish” Tubi. Lol 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2023, 09:54:06 AM »
I know what you mean man. The library of movies is insane. You can start looking for a movie on Tubi and an hour later realize that you’ve watched 50 trailers and added 30 to your watch list! There is no fckn way you can “finish” Tubi. Lol 
Exactly !  :D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2023, 09:57:56 AM »
This should help confused Getbiggers

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2023, 03:33:25 PM »
Just watched first 2 series of Killing Eve

not bad,,,,

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2023, 03:58:45 PM »

Yeah I don’t mind the commercials at all, I actually prefer commercials as it feels like I’m watching in real time with the rest of the world,weird I know but just a feeling I get. Yeah I’ve watched some of the tubi originals and they aren’t bad at all. I have Hulu,paramount,Amazon,netflix,peacock,Disney,hbo max and some others and tubi to me is better than all. Also when I go to look at movies on demand they Verizon and they are 6.99-8.99 I sometimes find those new movies on tubi for free so as far as I’m concerned tubi is the clear winner for zero dollars.

Also like you and Wes said you find yourself looking for movies and next thin g I know it’s been 4 hours and I’ve looked at 100 movie and didn’t watch any hahah I don’t mind that either.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2023, 04:35:07 PM »
Fresh (1994) -

Solid little urban gangster movie that came and went during the 90's. Much better than the shitty trailer for it suggests. Surprisingly dark, with some twists and turns at the end. Closer to Abel Ferrara's work than standard Hollywood faire.

Clean copy here for those that want to try it -

https://vimeo.com/506609789 .

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2023, 01:33:37 PM »
I'm with Thin Lizzy on the movie thing. However, in 2023, I have watched more films than in the preceding 2 years, a period of time during which I had not watched any.  :D  I must have been influenced by Taffin and other Brits because I have noticed a trend. The films I watched more recently were either Bond films, Hammer horror flicks, or Sherlock Holmes movies starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Bruce cracks me up with his mumbling routine as Watson.  :D 

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2023, 02:15:56 PM »
I just watched Copland the other day on Paramount Plus, it's actually a pretty good movie I thought it sucked first time I watched it like 20 years ago.