Author Topic: Movie Recommendations  (Read 940610 times)

joswift

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 39901
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #800 on: September 02, 2026, 01:01:12 PM »
   Yeah It's based on a true story so it is somewhat predictable.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yeah, very loosely based no doubt

I like it when reality kicks in rather than woke shite

Loved the ending of the Jackal TV series when he killed the black woman cop hunting him in his home...

Bet it blew the minds of all the leftie shits expecting her to be the hero

FitnessFrenzy

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 30060
  • coup de grāce
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #801 on: September 03, 2026, 04:22:55 AM »

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #802 on: September 03, 2026, 07:27:46 AM »
Yeah, very loosely based no doubt

I like it when reality kicks in rather than woke shite

Loved the ending of the Jackal TV series when he killed the black woman cop hunting him in his home...

Bet it blew the minds of all the leftie shits expecting her to be the hero
   
     
     
     
          did you ever check out the barry show.
F

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44035
  • When going through hell...keep going
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #803 on: September 08, 2026, 12:52:51 PM »

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #804 on: September 08, 2026, 03:58:29 PM »
     
     
     see if you can find jim carrey in the 2 nd movie.
F

AbrahamG

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 21405
  • Necrosis is numero uno. Free Matt C.
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #805 on: September 08, 2026, 07:21:23 PM »
Not a new movie but we watched American Made with Tom Cruise about Barry Seal.  Pretty good movie.  I struggle watching anything Tom Cruise because the Scientology nonsense is so off putting to me.  He is a fantastic actor though. 

Humble Narcissist

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 37874
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #806 on: September 09, 2026, 06:37:35 AM »
Not a new movie but we watched American Made with Tom Cruise about Barry Seal.  Pretty good movie.  I struggle watching anything Tom Cruise because the Scientology nonsense is so off putting to me.  He is a fantastic actor though.
Good movie.

Taffin

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 17706
  • Board Certified Degenerate
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #807 on: September 09, 2026, 01:47:53 PM »
Not a new movie but we watched American Made with Tom Cruise about Barry Seal.  Pretty good movie.  I struggle watching anything Tom Cruise because the Scientology nonsense is so off putting to me.  He is a fantastic actor though.

I know what you mean.  But I have to say I fucken loved Maverick - rare that a sequel lives up to the first movie

I'm wondering if the Days of Thunder sequel he just announced might be a mistake though (not that the first one was that good LOL)
T

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44035
  • When going through hell...keep going
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #808 on: September 09, 2026, 01:56:38 PM »
I know what you mean.  But I have to say I fucken loved Maverick - rare that a sequel lives up to the first movie

I'm wondering if the Days of Thunder sequel he just announced might be a mistake though (not that the first one was that good LOL)

Plot #89 (Also used for Top Gun Maverick, F1, and many other movies):

Older but wise (insert occupation) is brought in to mentor younger, but talented brash wise-ass successor.
Older has relationship with mature and beautiful woman.
Working together these characters achieve success, beating the impossible odds.

MajorDomo

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 1400
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #809 on: September 09, 2026, 02:41:29 PM »
Not a new movie but we watched American Made with Tom Cruise about Barry Seal.  Pretty good movie.  I struggle watching anything Tom Cruise because the Scientology nonsense is so off putting to me.  He is a fantastic actor though.

AbrahamG

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 21405
  • Necrosis is numero uno. Free Matt C.
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #810 on: September 09, 2026, 07:10:06 PM »
I know what you mean.  But I have to say I fucken loved Maverick - rare that a sequel lives up to the first movie

I'm wondering if the Days of Thunder sequel he just announced might be a mistake though (not that the first one was that good LOL)

Never saw Top Gun or Days of Thunder but went to a drive in theater to see Maverick.  It was pretty good. 

falco

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 21849
  • No good deed goes unpunished
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #811 on: September 10, 2026, 07:39:35 AM »
Been watching Sledge Hammer again. Had a blast when i was a teen, it was awesome!


LurkerNoMore

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 36529
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #812 on: September 10, 2026, 07:50:38 AM »
Two horror comedies that were decent.

They Will Kill You

and

Ready Or Not.

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #813 on: September 10, 2026, 04:07:31 PM »
   
F

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #814 on: September 15, 2026, 10:41:06 AM »
   
F

jude2

  • Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 12271
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #815 on: September 15, 2026, 05:10:05 PM »

falco

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 21849
  • No good deed goes unpunished
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #816 on: September 17, 2026, 12:56:09 AM »

IroNat

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44035
  • When going through hell...keep going
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #817 on: September 17, 2026, 04:28:28 AM »
Been watching Sledge Hammer again. Had a blast when i was a teen, it was awesome!



Going to watch.

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #818 on: October 01, 2026, 01:03:57 PM »
   
    this movie was pretty good.
F

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28066
  • SC č un asino
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #819 on: October 01, 2026, 02:23:17 PM »
The latest Spiderman was enjoyable.
Y

wes

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 75273
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #820 on: October 01, 2026, 02:24:10 PM »
I watched Ben Hur with Charlton Heston last night.........best movie I`ve seen in ages......a classic!!

Grape Ape

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 28066
  • SC č un asino
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #821 on: October 01, 2026, 05:08:25 PM »
I watched Ben Hur with Charlton Heston last night.........best movie I`ve seen in ages......a classic!!

Probably because it was set in your childhood times.

Nostalgia is powerful.
Y

GymnJuice

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 7400
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #822 on: October 01, 2026, 06:05:05 PM »

wes

  • Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 75273
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #823 on: October 02, 2026, 01:51:13 AM »
LOL   ;D

funk51

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 44593
  • Getbig!
Re: Movie Recommendations
« Reply #824 on: October 03, 2026, 09:39:42 AM »
   
     
     these weren't bad stone cold for the 4 th time. ;D ;D ;D
F