Author Topic: The Da Vinci Code  (Read 23456 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2006, 05:34:19 PM »
Johnny, ...does this make you... a monkey's Uncle?  :D  j/k  ;)

hahhaha. childish yet funny

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2006, 05:44:45 PM »
hahhaha. childish yet funny

I can be soooo childish and immature sometimes... you have noooo idea. {lol}
w

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2006, 08:12:42 PM »
Johnny, ...does this make you... a monkey's Uncle?  :D  j/k  ;)
Actually that was really funny. ;D

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2006, 08:25:32 AM »
So the movie had the second largest opening weekend wordwide ever.  Who saw it besides me?
BKS - Guardian of Truth

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2006, 08:30:58 AM »
I saw it.

It was alright.  they strayed from the book at the end and let it linger too long but over all i liked the movie.

No idiot holy rollers picketing outside the theater thank god!

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »
I thought it was good.  I liked the special effect of bringing the past into the modern day scenerey.  Unfortunatley I spotted the end of the movie about 20 minutes in.  Still good though.  I did not read the book.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »
So the movie had the second largest opening weekend wordwide ever.  Who saw it besides me?

I wanna finish the book first, ...plus I'm waiting for a DVD screener. I hate going to the theatre.
w

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2006, 05:48:32 PM »
it's funny how the catholics complain the most when they made up the most stuff themselves.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 01:31:11 AM »
You have it backwords. Quite a bit of his "research" was unproven and outright lies!

The Catholic Church has spread plenty of "unproven" claims and "outright lies" about the life of Jesus.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »
Pakistan Bans 'Da Vinci Code'

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Pakistan on Saturday banned cinemas from showing "The Da Vinci Code" because it contained what officials called blasphemous material about Jesus.

Although the film has not been screened in any theater in mostly-Muslim Pakistan, authorities decided to ban it out of respect for the feelings of the country's minority Christians.

Earlier this week, Christians staged protests in two Pakistani cities against the movie, demanding a global ban. Christians make up about 3 percent of Pakistan's 150 million people.

The film version of Dan Brown's murder mystery novel is based around the premise that Jesus Christ and one of his followers, Mary Magdalene, had children whose descendants are still alive.

"Islam teaches us to respect all prophets of Allah mighty, and degradation of any prophet is tantamount to defamation of the rest," Minister for Culture Ghulam Jamal was quoted as saying by the Associated Press of Pakistan.

Shahbaz Bhatti, a prominent Christian leader, thanked the country's leadership and said the ban will go a long way to ensuring sectarian harmony.

"The Da Vinci Code is a sacrilegious act in the guise of freedom of expression and fiction," Bhatti said Saturday. "It has hurt the religious sentiments of Christians and Muslims throughout the world."

He also criticized Brown, saying the author had "evil intentions" and wanted "to undermine the historical as well as theological truth about Jesus Christ."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2006, 08:28:38 PM »
Man this is so silly.  It's a movie for goodness sake.  It's fiction.  Big deal.  I felt the same about the uproar over Harry Potter.  My wife and I disagreed over that one.  She thinks it glories witchcraft (which it does) and thought it was not appropriate for the kids, while I think it's akin to Snow White and Cinderalla.  I gave up on that one, but she's still wrong (he says, looking over his shoulder). 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2006, 11:23:24 PM »
Man this is so silly.  It's a movie for goodness sake.  It's fiction.  Big deal.  I felt the same about the uproar over Harry Potter.  My wife and I disagreed over that one.  She thinks it glories witchcraft (which it does) and thought it was not appropriate for the kids, while I think it's akin to Snow White and Cinderalla.  I gave up on that one, but she's still wrong (he says, looking over his shoulder). 

You mean harry potter is NOT true?   $!%$^&

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »
You mean harry potter is NOT true?   $!%$^&

in 2000 years people will recognize Harry Potter as "the One who lived"

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2006, 11:55:16 PM »
in 2000 years people will recognize Harry Potter as "the One who lived"

SEE!!!!!  That's what i'm talking about! Would he have a blood line too?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »
my 2 cents since i ws made to go see it  >:(

it ws REALLY long  >:(
i figured out that that lady ws royal blood when she helped the druggie..   >:( can ya make it more obvious?  >:(
then i spent a boring lotta time hungry and in the arcade with a buncha screaming kids  >:(

2 thumbs wayy down  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »
its an act of fiction. a very good one at that. dan brown made it up completely. however it was based on real paintings places etc. tho this was simply inspiration.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2006, 02:01:08 PM »
also it only became a big fuss cos the bishop of turin i think shouted and condemned it. my mum read that book a few yrs ago and i remember it lying in my living room for ages befoe i heard one thing about it in the media. a lot of it has been disproved. i watched a documentary where 3 people from the uk and usa all followed the trail and the were welcomed at each site by experts who simply proved all of it wrong.

there was a member of opus dei who answered everything wonderfully and clearly. Thie opus dei can answer basically ne questions. this topic annoys me and people read to mush into it. have had so many arguements over it lol

basically its a load of shit.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
this ws a work of fiction and people have their pannies in a bunch...

wonder what'd happen if someone wrote a similar book called "the unholy bible" ..if the vinchi code can have such an impact i can only imagine what such a book could do...

now remember "the satanic verses" < salman rushdi!

i find it interesting that when faced with supposed teensy blahsphamy of their religion people get their pannies in a bunch but then it hapens in another religion(at a much grander scale) and there is an uproar..people use the standard "those people" responce.
carpe` vaginum!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2006, 04:49:17 PM »

i find it interesting that when faced with supposed teensy blahsphamy of their religion people get their pannies in a bunch but then it hapens in another religion(at a much grander scale) and there is an uproar..people use the standard "those people" responce.

there might be some merit to that "those people" response.

I'd say the Da Vinci Code is far more blasphemous than the Mohammed cartoons, as it tries to undermine the very foundations of a religion, whereas the cartoons were merely flouting a commandment.

. . . death toll b/c of the Da Vinci Code-0

. . . death toll b/c of Mohammed cartoons-hundreds?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
there might be some merit to that "those people" response.

I'd say the Da Vinci Code is far more blasphemous than the Mohammed cartoons, as it tries to undermine the very foundations of a religion, whereas the cartoons were merely flouting a commandment.

. . . death toll b/c of the Da Vinci Code-0

. . . death toll b/c of Mohammed cartoons-hundreds?

nah i wasn't talking about the toons..that ws just plain stupid how the muslims reacted..i ws talking about " the satanic verses"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses_(novel)

find a similarity here?   ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
nah i wasn't talking about the toons..that ws just plain stupid how the muslims reacted..i ws talking about " the satanic verses"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses_(novel)

find a similarity here?   ;)

I don't know about that, bro. The pope hasn't sentenced dan brown to death (w/o a trial) . . .
maybe four hundred years ago, Dan Brown would find himself languishing in a dungeon beneath Rome, but now all he has to watch out for are a few loony fundamentalists.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »
I don't know about that, bro. The pope hasn't sentenced dan brown to death (w/o a trial) . . .
maybe four hundred years ago, Dan Brown would find himself languishing in a dungeon beneath Rome, but now all he has to watch out for are a few loony fundamentalists.

the guy that declared a 'fatwah' on the writer wasn't the equivalent of the pope man..it ws your equavalent of a loon fundamentalist..

the writer is alive in well...

but you gotta understand..the christian responce ws what it ws because the book ws called " da vinchi code"

change the name to "the unholy bible" (equvalent to 'the satanic verses" ) and the responce would be more profound..
carpe` vaginum!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »
the guy that declared a 'fatwah' on the writer wasn't the equivalent of the pope man..it ws your equavalent of a loon fundamentalist..

the writer is alive in well...

but you gotta understand..the christian responce ws what it ws because the book ws called " da vinchi code"

change the name to "the unholy bible" (equvalent to 'the satanic verses" ) and the responce would be more profound..

I can do ya one better than "the unholy bible"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

in print continuously since 1969.  ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »
The satanic bible has nothing to do with the Holy Bible.
follow the arrows

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2006, 07:48:58 PM »
The satanic bible has nothing to do with the Holy Bible.

most of the essays explicitly target Judeo-Christian ethics derived from the Bible. And I believe it has a section titled "jesus-the true prince of evil."