Author Topic: New phenomenon: Dinks  (Read 3048 times)

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: New phenomenon: Dinks
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 04:43:04 PM »
Never been married and no kids.

GF and i have great jobs, i will retire at 55 and travel almost non-stop.

I've traveled the world, lived in 7 different countries and had experiences 99.99999% of the world can't dream of.

No rugrat is going to replace that IMO.

There is a sense of attachment you get from kids, but i'd rather take my chances with life on my terms.

Kids seem great for attachment, but the experiences i've had meeting different people, different cultures and experiences would outweigh that 20 to 1 easily. All these parents typically have never let America, much less experienced what this world has to offer. I know people with 3-4 kids that have never left the state they live in but tell me how wonderful kids are. You know what is wonderful? Learning a new language, studying a new culture while smoking opium on top of a Buddhist temple in Thailand. Climbing a mountain in Africa to watch the sunset over the horizon while eating eland steaks cooked over an open fire. Camping at the summit of some of the most remote mountains in South America.

Plus, what happens if you have shit kids who end up like hanky? You can't abort teenagers.

my motto??

don't get married, just find a woman you hate and buy her a house!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2023, 04:43:40 PM »
The only valid reason to have kids is if you live off the land and need extra hands to help on your farm. If that's the case then you should knock out at least half a dozen.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2023, 04:46:48 PM »
The only valid reason to have kids is if you live off the land and need extra hands to help on your farm. If that's the case then you should knock out at least half a dozen.

Lol yeah the continuance of the human species is sort of a biggie too.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2023, 02:56:51 AM »
Never been married and no kids.

GF and i have great jobs, i will retire at 55 and travel almost non-stop.

I've traveled the world, lived in 7 different countries and had experiences 99.99999% of the world can't dream of.

No rugrat is going to replace that IMO.

There is a sense of attachment you get from kids, but i'd rather take my chances with life on my terms.

Kids seem great for attachment, but the experiences i've had meeting different people, different cultures and experiences would outweigh that 20 to 1 easily. All these parents typically have never let America, much less experienced what this world has to offer. I know people with 3-4 kids that have never left the state they live in but tell me how wonderful kids are. You know what is wonderful? Learning a new language, studying a new culture while smoking opium on top of a Buddhist temple in Thailand. Climbing a mountain in Africa to watch the sunset over the horizon while eating eland steaks cooked over an open fire. Camping at the summit of some of the most remote mountains in South America.

Plus, what happens if you have shit kids who end up like hanky? You can't abort teenagers.

To each their own. Kids are hard and if you don’t want them, then you really shouldn’t have them so I’m glad you made the right choice for you and didn’t procreate. A lot don’t have that kind of Intelligence.

As far as putting your life on hold because of kids, that ain’t me. I’ve taken my kids to Europe a handful of times and am headed back for two weeks in the spring with them. They’ve been out of the country at least once a year since they were born, and I’m not talking about Mexico over the border. You can do all of the things you want to while having children, you just have to work a little smarter and spend a little smarter. They also get a great experience and can pass that on to their kids. Shit, I personally would have wanted more had I not waited until my 30’s to have them, but that made the financial possibility of doing what I want a real thing because I was better off by then.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2023, 03:01:58 AM »
Jesus! And I thought I was antisocial honestly I'm too much of a pussy to be antisocial lol

Was diagnosed as bipolar but mood stabilizers didn't do jack shit for me so wrong diagnosis

Guess I'm just an apathetic jerk

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's Christmas.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2023, 05:50:16 AM »
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's Christmas.

dude has a good and beautiful soul much RESPECT

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2023, 05:58:31 AM »
not always possible, dementia is almost impossible to deal with, they could end up burning your house down

We will build an additional home on the back of the property. If I need to have a full time nurse with my rents then I’ll do so. No fckn way my rents end up in a home. But I get it - not every family is as close and happy as ours. My siblings and I talk almost every day.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2023, 06:04:44 AM »
You need kids to expand your personal empire as you get older. Genghis Khan shit.

You just have to get out of this modern family structure where the kids have no purpose for the family and you raise them to be couch potato pricks who own the parents and not the other way.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2023, 06:20:05 AM »
It doesnt matter what you do, eventually the sun will go out and life on earth will cease to exist

An asteroid could hit and wipe us all out

Watch this and then accept whatever we as a species achives is all for nothing

pigbuild

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2023, 10:32:13 AM »
You need kids to expand your personal empire as you get older. Genghis Khan shit.

You just have to get out of this modern family structure where the kids have no purpose for the family and you raise them to be couch potato pricks who own the parents and not the other way.

that's not true at all. your children will be out on their own after they reach adulthood and that will be that. sure you can be a narcissistic control freak trying to control his children but if they have any real character that wont work for long and they will resent you even more than if you had not attempted that. in the end you will die in your own arms as tony's mother said

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2023, 12:19:37 AM »

No one is building an empire.

pigbuild

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2023, 10:45:27 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2023, 12:40:44 AM »