Author Topic: Rules for Brians deadlift  (Read 26830 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Rules for Brians deadlift
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2024, 10:35:56 AM »
You were pretty exhausted with this. 315 for 10 isn’t happening any time soon.

I will do 315lbs for 10 reps today but no one has anything left to bet and they didn't honor their last bet

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2024, 10:36:57 AM »
I'm missing out on what's the challenge is about. It's 280lbs for ten reps?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2024, 10:39:32 AM »
I will do 315lbs for 10 reps today but no one has anything left to bet and they didn't honor their last bet

Lower your hips more this time, bring it to a full reset, and lean back more at the top for a full dominant lockout. Brownie points for controlling the negative a bit more too. I believe you can do it, but don't be silly and say this kind of training will do nothing for you or not make you sore. If squats are Queen, deadlift is King.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2024, 10:46:24 AM »
Lower your hips more this time, bring it to a full reset, and lean back more at the top for a full dominant lockout. Brownie points for controlling the negative a bit more too. I believe you can do it, but don't be silly and say this kind of training will do nothing for you or not make you sore. If squats are Queen, deadlift is King.

I already did it. I am not saying deadlifts won't do anything I am saying at 280lbs they won't do anything for me. I need more weight to make me drop my hips and use my legs. I feel 0 engagement in my back from that none at all just a little in the lower back when doing it that is it. Even when using the trap bar the kind of weight I would have to use to strain my upper back and lats is way more than my knees and lower back are going to want to use. I am also just going to get winded at a higher rep range and burn out my CNS without pushing my back. As such either lower reps more weight or other exercises make more sense to me.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2024, 10:46:34 AM »

Excellent advice. You sound like someone who likes to workout on occasion.

"1"

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2024, 10:47:50 AM »
you almost fell backwards on the first rep, check out your feet
Only because he was doing power cleans but at the last moment remembered that hip height lift was good enough here 🙄

No complaints about the lift other than didn’t meet the asked ”reset ” part.

It did look oddly hard though?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2024, 10:49:52 AM »
Only because he was doing power cleans but at the last moment remembered that hip height lift was good enough here 🙄

No complaints about the lift other than didn’t meet the asked ”reset ” part.

It did look oddly hard though?

The asked reset part was hours after they agreed to the wager only after agreement did they all start with all their back out of the bet excuses

I would go do it again with more weight but why everyone will just say it doesnt count and no one has anything left to wager anyway too bad as I feel much more confident I can pull 500 now

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2024, 10:51:50 AM »
I completed the reps I didn't bounce a damm thing. I barely even bent and used my legs because it was light weight. I tell you what Grape Ape I will do it again right now with 315lbs if you step down as moderator.

A deadlift is picking the bar up off the ground and standing up that is the great part about the lift the technique is simple there is no form police did the bar go from ground to standing? Yes then it's a fucking completed deadlift

You should have been more clear and say you would go "touch and go".   How hard would that have been?

Semhanktics my boy.....semhanktics.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2024, 10:52:39 AM »
I already did it. I am not saying deadlifts won't do anything I am saying at 280lbs they won't do anything for me. I need more weight to make me drop my hips and use my legs. I feel 0 engagement in my back from that none at all just a little in the lower back when doing it that is it. Even when using the trap bar the kind of weight I would have to use to strain my upper back and lats is way more than my knees and lower back are going to want to use. I am also just going to get winded at a higher rep range and burn out my CNS without pushing my back. As such either lower reps more weight or other exercises make more sense to me.

You said you were going to do 315lbs, do it or even more something to give you a proper challenge.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2024, 10:53:10 AM »
Its a set not 10 seperate singles what the fuck am I supposed to do stop each rep and talk to the camera fucking nonsense I did 10 reps. Was it a ton of weight no never claimed it was but that is the weight they said I couldn't do that is the bet they made. And it was easy for me

No fuckwit....flash your grip.   Pretty easy to do.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2024, 10:53:38 AM »
The asked reset part was hours after they agreed to the wager only after agreement did they all start with all their back out of the bet excuses

I would go do it again with more weight but why everyone will just say it doesnt count and no one has anything left to wager anyway too bad as I feel much more confident I can pull 500 now

Pull all the weight you have then!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2024, 10:54:30 AM »
Stupidest thing you've ever posted and that's saying something. Sloppy warm ups are the #1 reason for people getting hurt.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Theres no better time to be perfect.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2024, 10:56:23 AM »
I am going to pausee and catch my breath doing anything for 10 reps. I could absolutely smash 315 right now but you have nothing left to wager as you didn't honor your last wager

What????   How many times do you pause and "catch your breath" with your 20 or 30 reps???

Who the fuck needs to catch their breath doing an "easy set of 10"???

Oh wait...someone who isn't IN SHAPE

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2024, 10:57:17 AM »

1st: Ok, fair.

2nd: Why not, good workout?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2024, 10:57:45 AM »

biggest crock of bro science bullshit statement ever.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2024, 10:58:56 AM »

Was the form absolutely textbook perfect? No.

Did you pull it off like 85% of people doing a deadlift would? Yes.

Are you clearly able to do them if you were to reset? I think so. I don't believe that's in question so much.

You keep doing what you're doing to better yourself. That's all that counts. We have many competitive bodybuilders/powerlifters here. These guys are no joke when it comes to throwing iron around the gym. Seriously, some of these guys are pretty insane with their maxes and gym workouts. That said, this is the nature of the game. On GetBig you need to very clearly state the rules of engagement (See: True Adonis and Code Duello).

What you say, can and will be used against you and for the benefit of others here on the forum.

Pick words wisely my friend.

"1"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2024, 11:00:32 AM »
What????   How many times do you pause and "catch your breath" with your 20 or 30 reps???

Who the fuck needs to catch their breath doing an "easy set of 10"???

Oh wait...someone who isn't IN SHAPE

Look you guys said I couldn't do 1 rep with 280 and that Hulk was stronger. I said I could do 10. Everyone said no way no how and bet their accounts. I performed 10 reps and now it's look at his belly, look at his feet, 280 is nothing, he breathed while lifting so it doesn't count, he was about to fall over and collapse, he barely got it, he will be in the hospital tomorrow, etc, etc, same as always.

Yet again I proved all the haters wrong and yet again they backpedal.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2024, 11:01:02 AM »

I'll wager you some money. I'll send it through Paypal

Do one set with 315lbs with or without reset, your choice. For every rep you do over 10 I'll send you $10. Every missed rep under 10 you send me $50.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2024, 11:02:01 AM »
Was the form absolutely textbook perfect? No.

Did you pull it off like 85% of people doing a deadlift would? Yes.

Are you clearly able to do them if you were to reset? I think so. I don't believe that's in question so much.

You keep doing what you're doing to better yourself. That's all that counts. We have many competitive bodybuilders/powerlifters here. These guys are no joke when it comes to throwing iron around the gym. Seriously, some of these guys are pretty insane with their maxes and gym workouts. That said, this is the nature of the game. On GetBig you need to very clearly state the rules of engagement (See: True Adonis and Code Duello).

What you say, can and will be used against you and for the benefit of others here on the forum.

Pick words wisely my friend.

"1"

Exactly they said I couldn't no how no way and I did just like I said I could

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2024, 11:02:35 AM »
I'll wager you some money. I'll send it through Paypal

Do one set with 315lbs with or without rest, your choice. For every rep you do over 10 I'll send you $10. Every missed rep under 10 you send me $50.

Your word means nothing you already welched on your last bet

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2024, 11:03:53 AM »
1st: Ok, fair.

2nd: Why not, good workout?

Not fair.

Brian asked for moderator intervension.

I put the reset criteria to make the lift easier to judge.

He knew it well in advance, but ignored it.

Because he's a tard.
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2024, 11:04:35 AM »
Your word means nothing you already welched on your last bet

You did zero reps you dumb bitch. You're lucky to still be here

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2024, 11:35:51 AM »
yeah they strain their lower back if they don't use their legs and hips on heavy deadlifts I get that but it wasn't heavy I didn't need to use my legs and hips.

If I was attempting anything close to a max effort I would drop my fucking hips and use my legs like a squat but it's not anywhere near that kind of heavy. More work dropping hips than needed legs were not needed

LOL

I can’t even contend with this “logic”…

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2024, 11:47:31 AM »
This reset argument is bull shit. He did ten reps. I will give him that. No one cares more about form than me but to  say he should have paused for a second between reps is nonsense. Suddenly the same guys that do quarter reps in the leg press and half reps with chest and delt presses are caring about a pause between reps is low rent.

Tell this dinosaur how to put up a youtube here. I want a piece of this challenge. I'm 65, 172lbs. and have cancer. I think I can do 10 reps with 280lbs.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2024, 01:20:27 PM »
This reset argument is bull shit. He did ten reps. I will give him that. No one cares more about form than me but to  say he should have paused for a second between reps is nonsense. Suddenly the same guys that do quarter reps in the leg press and half reps with chest and delt presses are caring about a pause between reps is low rent.

Tell this dinosaur how to put up a youtube here. I want a piece of this challenge. I'm 65, 172lbs. and have cancer. I think I can do 10 reps with 280lbs.

No one said that and that's not what a reset is. Nothing personal, but just like Bhanky you don't seem to know how to do deadlifts for reps.