Author Topic: Why Lee Haney truly is the B.O.A.T. and G.O.A.T.  (Read 3551 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Why Lee Haney truly is the B.O.A.T. and G.O.A.T.
« on: May 22, 2024, 12:16:22 PM »
Yes. Lee Haney is better than Ronnie Coleman. Lee Haney is better than Phil Heath.  Lee is better than Dorian.

For me it's like this. 1. Lee and Dorian did it without "gurus" or coaches. That says alot. 2. Lee is pre site enhancement era. No esiciline and no synthol. At no time during his career did Haney ever have a wide waist or a gut. Dorian did,  So did Ronnie now Phil.

Let's attack Lee's so called weaknesses. Arms. No one ever accused Lee of having small arms until the Flex Wheelers, Levrone, Dillett and Vince Taylors came along. Looking at his last show which was his best look in 91 Mr. O. His arms were in proportion with everything else. If anything their arms are blown out and in many cases with foreign substances same with their delts. Next. Quads. I personally favor quads of Lee's era. Not Ronnie and beyond.  Overblown body parts are in direct contrast to proportions portion of the show.

So when you add all these things up, Haney wins. No torn biceps or triceps. He had calves. A vacuum, could pose. Never lost as Mr. O. I could go on. He went out on top. All others did not.

The only thing that's changed is the judging and it shouldn't have.

Anyway, Haney is best of all time and the greatest. 

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: Why Lee Haney truly is the B.O.A.T. and G.O.A.T.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 12:18:42 PM »
Yes. Lee Haney is better than Ronnie Coleman. Lee Haney is better than Phil Heath.  Lee is better than Dorian.

For me it's like this. 1. Lee and Dorian did it without "gurus" or coaches. That says alot. 2. Lee is pre site enhancement era. No esiciline and no synthol. At no time during his career.  Did Haney ever have a wide waist or a gut. Dorian did,  So now did and Phil did.

Let's attack Lee's so called weaknesses. Arms. No ever accused Lee of having small arms until the Flex Wheelers, Levrone, Dillett and Vince Taylors came along. Looking at his last show which was his best look in 91 Mr. O. His arms were in proportion with everything else. If anything their arms are blown out and in many cases with foreign substances same with their delts. Next. Quads. I personally favor quads of Lee's era. Not Ronnie and beyond.  Overblown body parts are in direct contrast to proportions portion of the show.

So when you add all these things up, Haney wins. No torn biceps or triceps. He had calves. A vacuum, could pose. Never lost as Mr. O. I could go on.

Anyway, Haney is best of all time and great

Haney is da GOAT!!  8 "O" Titles, pre SLIN and HGH abuse days. No coach, family man, etc.
Things changed after him, and not for the better...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 12:18:51 PM »
Strong case you got there.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 12:21:17 PM »
Like Haney said he's the " only 8 time Mr Olympia winner with a 31" waist "

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 12:25:49 PM »
Probably the best front double of all time

Im nitpicking here but to me he always looked knock kneed in his rear lat spread and double biceps

1mins 50

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 12:27:55 PM »
Like Haney said he's the " only 8 time Mr Olympia winner with a 31" waist "

Chest dominant looks better than delt and arm dominant like a Heath.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 12:31:44 PM »

haney was the end of an era, last great champion. it was all downhill after him.
F

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 12:35:27 PM »
Competitors respected each other back then

Not like these fucking little bitches we have today

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2024, 12:36:33 PM »
Probably the best front double of all time

Im nitpicking here but to me he always looked knock kneed in his rear lat spread and double biceps

1mins 50

You're right.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 12:37:35 PM »
He narrowly beat Dorian so I guess Dorian you can judge on both early and later versions.
Did he deserve to beat Dorian that last year?
I guess so but it seemed pretty close.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 12:40:35 PM »
He narrowly beat Dorian so I guess Dorian you cab judge on both early and later versions.

Lees balance and flow destroyed Dorian

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 12:41:59 PM »
Retired early and at the top, still looks healthy and happy, soft spoken, good family man. I haven't heard anyone speak negatively about Lee. Though I prefer the physique of others over Lee's (chest, abs), Lee doesn't get the respect he deserves and maybe that is partially his own doing/choosing because he stepped away from the bodybuilding world and kept a very low profile.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 12:43:14 PM »
He narrowly beat Dorian so I guess Dorian you cab judge on both early and later versions.

I think so. It would have been awesome to see what he could have done in 92 and 93. He was only 31 when he retired.  But I understand why he did.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2024, 12:46:02 PM »
Retired early and at the top, still looks healthy and happy, soft spoken, good family man. I haven't heard anyone speak negatively about Lee. Though I prefer the physique of others over Lee's (chest, abs), Lee doesn't get the respect he deserves and maybe that is partially his own doing/choosing because he stepped away from the bodybuilding world and kept a very low profile.

His best ever look was his last show, there isnt anyone who has ever done that before or since.

He had nothing esle to prove, he had dealt with the drug tested Olympia in 1990 and struggled like everyone else.
Maybe he felt better with less drugs and 91 made him realise just how much shit he was doing and decised to put his wife and family first.

He owed bodybuilding nothing, he earned everything he got, he never got any "gifts"

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2024, 12:47:51 PM »
Good argument for top five. Can't say he's not number one. I still would have to go with Arnold.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 12:50:11 PM »
I agree! Biggest BB I've ever seen in person. He had great seminars back in the 80's too. 
(Do BB's still hold seminars these days? I miss seminars and the old courses of the 70's and 80's) 

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 12:50:46 PM »
Good argument for top five. Can't say he's not number one. I still would have to go with Arnold.

Apart from 1980 Arnold had hardly any competition

Joe Weider looked after him, they even told Serge he couldnt compete at the IOlympia in 75 because he had made an adult film, after he went off his diet and lay on the beach then Joe let him back in the show for Pumping Iron filming

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2024, 01:00:55 PM »
To be fair, Weider didn't put him on covers like he did others. Weider pushed others who weren't going to be Mr O as long as Haney was competing. I remember reading that only 2 BB's concerned Haney: Gunnar Rosbo and Matt Mendenhall. I saw Mendenhall in the Weider mags more than I saw Haney.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2024, 01:09:42 PM »

haney was the end of an era, last great champion. it was all downhill after him.

Agreed Funk... I like Yates too, I just feel things changed w/ him... Again not for the better (IMO only)..

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2024, 01:14:25 PM »
To be fair, Weider didn't put him on covers like he did others. Weider pushed others who weren't going to be Mr O as long as Haney was competing. I remember reading that only 2 BB's concerned Haney: Gunnar Rosbo and Matt Mendenhall. I saw Mendenhall in the Weider mags more than I saw Haney.

That is true.

Regarding Matt Mendenhall, this is attributed to Lee:

“One of the people that I kept my eye on that I felt was the most gifted bodybuilder that mother nature said ‘here it is’… was Matt Mendenhall. I have never till today seen a physique as complete, as genetically gifted as Matt Mendenhall. Matt was a walking He-Man, he was absolutely beautiful. If this guy ever got it together, he would be a challenge like no other but he lacked that fire and desire”.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2024, 01:49:56 PM »

For me it's like this. 1. Lee and Dorian did it without "gurus" or coaches. That says alot. 2. Lee is pre site enhancement era. No esiciline and no synthol. At no time during his career did Haney ever have a wide waist or a gut. Dorian did,  So did Ronnie now Phil.

Let's attack Lee's so called weaknesses. Arms. No one ever accused Lee of having small arms until the Flex Wheelers, Levrone, Dillett and Vince Taylors came along. Looking at his last show which was his best look in 91 Mr. O. His arms were in proportion with everything else. If anything their arms are blown out and in many cases with foreign substances same with their delts. Next. Quads. I personally favor quads of Lee's era. Not Ronnie and beyond.  Overblown body parts are in direct contrast to proportions portion of the show.

So when you add all these things up, Haney wins. No torn biceps or triceps. He had calves. A vacuum, could pose. Never lost as Mr. O. I could go on. He went out on top. All others did not.

Anyway, Haney is best of all time and the greatest.

I agree on all accounts. Dorian took the size game to a new level and yet single handedly destroyed bodybuilding at the same time. It was going to happen eventually, with Dorian or someone else. Problem lies in the public looking for the BBD, bigger better Deal.
LEE was actually the last Mr Olympia to represent classic lines, mass and unbelievable muscle separation with striations the whole package. He was a great champion as well with a good personality. It's absolute garbage today.
I actually hold Lee Haney in a higher caliber bodybuilding wise than Arnold as well.
He has been overlooked I think because if the mass monster revolution. Big mass without class,cuts just gross short men in thongs with a blob body

I will say that Dorians first Mr Olympia  and second where good but not after, Ronnie's first few where good, just not when the guts took over
h

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2024, 03:07:50 PM »
Lee Haney has been the most dominant Olympia winner ever...

No controversy, no torn/injury body parts, no gifts", never lose during or after he won his first of 8 damn Sandow .

The only one

WooooSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2024, 03:17:02 PM »
Lee was awesome.

Never had any real comp that pushed him outside of Gaspari placing second to him 3x.

Had to retire though - peak Yates and Colemen wax him.
Y

1Patrick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2024, 03:49:02 PM »
Crazy thing that  Lee retired with 8 Sandows at the age when some  of the pros these days getting into the bodybuilding .NO ONE ever will repeat that  ,period .
I’ve met and talked to tons of pros at ASC expos ,but never met Lee .My bucket list to meet TotaLEE awesome.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2024, 04:02:53 PM »

Lees balance and flow destroyed Dorian

Yates torso looks “ sad” next to Haneys