Author Topic: Postive thread: Pretty things God made (nature pics only please :) )  (Read 20990 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Postive thread: Pretty things God made (nature pics only please :) )
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 05:05:19 AM »
Why celebrate disasters that kill people?  Sounds pretty morbid. 

I ask the question, since there are many who want to celebrate "Pretty things God made".

If we are to be grateful for what God makes that is pretty and wonderful, how should we feel about the things that are not so wonderful?

The point I am getting at, is if we considers some of the things that God makes "Pretty" or wonderful, then we are appreciating God's creation of other things less.

So, should we at all be specific, or should we love all aspects of the existance as much? Or at least try?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2006, 06:45:59 AM »
I ask the question, since there are many who want to celebrate "Pretty things God made".

If we are to be grateful for what God makes that is pretty and wonderful, how should we feel about the things that are not so wonderful?

The point I am getting at, is if we considers some of the things that God makes "Pretty" or wonderful, then we are appreciating God's creation of other things less.

So, should we at all be specific, or should we love all aspects of the existance as much? Or at least try?

YIP
Zack

I think that to try to appreciate everything equally is unrealistic and legalistic in a way.

There is no way I'll appreciate a mosquito as much as I appreciate a peach. 
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
I think that to try to appreciate everything equally is unrealistic and legalistic in a way.

There is no way I'll appreciate a mosquito as much as I appreciate a peach. 

I think these questions are interesting and also important.

Why are we showing love and care for those who are "good", loving, thankful and enlightened?

Why don't we concentrate our love towards pedophiles, murderers and molesters?

Why wouldn't it be fair to say that these horrible persons need love more than those who already are walking close to God?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2006, 09:49:43 AM »
I think these questions are interesting and also important.

Why are we showing love and care for those who are "good", loving, thankful and enlightened?

Why don't we concentrate our love towards pedophiles, murderers and molesters?

Why wouldn't it be fair to say that these horrible persons need love more than those who already are walking close to God?

YIP
Zack

We're supposed to love our neighbors, true . . . but what has that got to do with appreciating what is beautiful?

the beautiful is inspiring b/c of its gracefulness or purposefulness, the sublime puts one in mind of that which is awe-inspiring . . . what has this got to do with loving your neighbor? who might be a pedophile etc? Just b/c you admire the beautiful doesn't mean that you have less emotion for your neighbor.

I guess if you focused all your attention on the beautiful, it would mean that you had less time for your neighbor . . . but let's be realistic here, we're not Julio-Claudians who can do whatever we please.  for most of us, nature is where we retreat from our neighbor-filled lives, not where we live full-time . . . well, at least I don't.

btw, last night's deadwood was great.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2006, 11:30:59 AM »

btw, last night's deadwood was great.

You just love to rub in the fact that I don't get Deadwood here in Sweden right now dontcha? >:( ;D

You fcuker...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2006, 10:31:04 AM »
Praise the lord!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2006, 10:58:48 AM »

YIP
Zack

I think everything God created is great.  Some of his creations have been corrupted by sin and I don't celebrate those things.  If you go back to the creation story, everything he created was perfect.  I celebrate those things. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
I think everything God created is great.  Some of his creations have been corrupted by sin and I don't celebrate those things.  If you go back to the creation story, everything he created was perfect.  I celebrate those things. 

How did you celebrate the Great Tsunami and other natural disasters?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »
How did you celebrate the Great Tsunami and other natural disasters?

YIP
Zack

I didn't. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
Rare cloud formation seen in Antarctica
Tue Aug 1, 7:35 PM ET

HOBART, Australia - Some of the coldest temperatures on Earth brought a rare cloud formation to the skies over Antarctica, scientists said Tuesday.

Meteorological officer Renae Baker captured spectacular images of the nacreous clouds, also known as polar stratospheric clouds, last week at Australia's Mawson station in Antarctica.

The clouds only occur at high polar latitudes in winter, requiring temperatures less than minus 176 degrees Fahrenheit. A weather balloon measured temperatures at minus 189 degrees Fahrenheit on the day the photos were taken.

Resembling airborne mother-of-pearl shells, the clouds are produced when fading light at sunset passes through water-ice crystals blown along a strong jet of stratospheric air more than six miles above the ground.

"Amazingly, the winds at this height were blowing at nearly 230 kilometers (143 miles) per hour," Baker said on the Australian government's Antarctic Division's Web site.

Australian Antarctic Division atmospheric scientist Andrew Klekociuk said the clouds are seldom seen, but are occasionally produced by air passing over polar mountains.

"You have to be in the right part of the world in winter, and have the sun just below your horizon to see them," he said.
w

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »
God made Twisted O
X

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 05:38:43 AM »
God made Flower so hot- umm on second thought she had some help!- Sorry Flowey  :-[
X