If you dont make the first call out , and first callouts tend to be on reputation rather than physique, then its unlikley you will move up
Same in amateur shows, judges make a decision on where people place on the quarter turns, once they get a number on the page they wont cross it out
Yup exactly. My buddy did not place at Arnold amateur in a very big class, might have been 25 guys, so he didn't even get a placing. It sucks because you might want to know how many guys you
did beat, after so much money, time and effort spent. I think some of the pros if compared more could have moved into the top ten, top eight, whatever. Sometimes you do see a guy who is a clear winner immediately, I remember in 2006 at the nationals here a guy, now pro, walked out and he won even before hitting a shot and I think he was a middle weight too.
In 93 I remember some pros seeing Dorian's gym shots and they said he could have walked out like that in socks and won without posing; they all felt defeated even before the show LOL.