Author Topic: Natural BB competitors  (Read 4704 times)

Bast175

Natural BB competitors
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »
Is it normal to gain back 25-35lbs 3-4 days after a contest? 

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Natural BB competitors
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »
from just thinking about it i would say you could.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »
Considering that a competitor would also be dehydrated to some extend maybe - although 25-35lbs sound like too much.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:25 AM »
No,more like 8-10 lbs in 3-4 days,mainly water.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »
I gained like 30 pounds in three days once, mostly water retention. I kept about 10-15 pounds. Usually this happens as a result of your body reacting to all the sodium that you take in after a show. Your body is so depleted from weeks of precontest dieting that you have a sodium reaction. Its only temporary.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 09:09:10 AM »
I think it is definitely possible but pretty dangerous.  I gained like 15 after my last show in only a couple days-for a guy 60 pounds heavier I think it would be realistic.
Jennifer

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »
I did, after  my  first shows i gained about 20 lbs immediately. With some experience you start being carefull and dont over eat after..take a few days to eat what oyu want, and then go back to work.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 05:07:31 AM »
i gained 7 lbs in 4 hours after my last comp.  I was bloated as hell!  Within a week i was 22lbs heavier, but it was mostly waterweight etc.
[img]http://ima

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »
depends on how much you weigh and how much you lost preparing for the contest.  a 10-15 lbs-weight gain for a 180-190 lbs-competitor seems normal.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »
I think that sort of gain is a bit scary personally.  Here's what is going on for most competitors.

1) You have spend 99% of your prep drinking larges sums of water.  Some people go up as high as 3 or more gallons per day.  Your body gets accustomed to that intake and adjusts your hormones to eliminate water quickly.

2) Usually late in the last week, you drop your water way back.  Your body doesn't adjust immediately and therefore you continue to eliminate water.

3) You also cut your sodium and perhaps drink distilled water.

4) On Saturday your body has noticed that there is very little sodium and very little water and hormones adjust to hold both.

5) The show is over and you begin drinking like a fish and eating sodium rich food like Pizza.  Your body holds on to both due to the hormonal adjustment that it just underwent.

6) You retain huge amounts of water until your body begins to figure it out.  Your hormones adjust and you begin handling water and sodium normally.

The massive gain in water weight can be dangerous.
Romans 1:20

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »
I think that sort of gain is a bit scary personally.  Here's what is going on for most competitors.

1) You have spend 99% of your prep drinking larges sums of water.  Some people go up as high as 3 or more gallons per day.  Your body gets accustomed to that intake and adjusts your hormones to eliminate water quickly.

2) Usually late in the last week, you drop your water way back.  Your body doesn't adjust immediately and therefore you continue to eliminate water.

3) You also cut your sodium and perhaps drink distilled water.

4) On Saturday your body has noticed that there is very little sodium and very little water and hormones adjust to hold both.

5) The show is over and you begin drinking like a fish and eating sodium rich food like Pizza.  Your body holds on to both due to the hormonal adjustment that it just underwent.

6) You retain huge amounts of water until your body begins to figure it out.  Your hormones adjust and you begin handling water and sodium normally.

The massive gain in water weight can be dangerous.

Good post. ;D

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 02:13:56 PM »
Romans 1:20

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:08:45 PM »

Yes, I have gained 15 in 24 hours after a show before, and kept it.
W

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »

I just competed a few weeks ago. Friday evening I weighed in at 207, did the contest on Sat and started eating Sat night after the show. Sunday Evening before I went to bed I weighed 223!! I would say it is pretty normal to gain at least 10 pounds. Your body is so depleted of water and everything else it is going to hang on to whatever you put in it for a short period after going through the rigors of 12 plus weeks of strict dieting and then competing. Usually my ankles swell up for a day or so afterwards I guess from the increase of sodium and water.