Author Topic: Who here competes in Strongman?  (Read 3920 times)

Loomis

• Getbig III
Who here competes in Strongman?
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:36:33 AM »
And how did you find your first competition? What kind of events/weight are seen at a novice level strongman competition?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Who here competes in Strongman?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 08:11:45 AM »
And how did you find your first competition? What kind of events/weight are seen at a novice level strongman competition?
you'll see most of the same events only a little lighter than at the pro level and there are weight classes at most local events.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
I think i may be the strongest on get big. I'm 23 years old 321 pounds close to 22% bodyfat.I can move some serious weight

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »
you'll see most of the same events only a little lighter than at the pro level and there are weight classes at most local events.
Do you know any good places to look for local events? I'd like to give it a try.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 04:16:23 AM »
Do you know any good places to look for local events? I'd like to give it a try.

Where do u live?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »
here in the midwest there's a federation called NASS North American Strongman Society they put on a lot of meets, a guy named Bill Holland out of Ronnie Colemans gym used to run it but i think he passed the ownership to someone else, they always have a lot of weight classes in their meets, it's a great starting point for a lot of guys.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 09:56:08 AM »
here in the midwest there's a federation called NASS North American Strongman Society they put on a lot of meets, a guy named Bill Holland out of Ronnie Colemans gym used to run it but i think he passed the ownership to someone else, they always have a lot of weight classes in their meets, it's a great starting point for a lot of guys.
Thanks for the info.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »
Just checked out their site. Awesome. EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks again Sarcasm.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »
How about on the east coast?  Mid atlantic area specifically.

Crazykid909

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 06:40:20 PM »
what are the required lifts at the tryouts for strongman? is there a minimum weight you must be able to lift to qualify?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »
what are the required lifts at the tryouts for strongman? is there a minimum weight you must be able to lift to qualify?
you don't even have to tryout for most local strongman meets, just pay the entry fee and sign up, just make sure you're decent at the events so you don't embarass yourself, try to find a gym that has the implements and train with them, you don't have to be a monster on the regular gym lifts to be good at strongman.
Jaejonna rows 125!!