Author Topic: OFFICIAL challenge to Mr. Intenseone...Debate me live!  (Read 11946 times)

Johnny Apollo

OFFICIAL challenge to Mr. Intenseone...Debate me live!
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:00:43 AM »
In a recient thread I challenged Mr. Intenseone to debate me LIVE on AIM and he then said he didn't have AIM(AOL instant messenger). However we were informed that you can download AIM from the website of AOL.com for free so you can chat wih AOL users.

So I'm challenging Mr. Intenseone to download AIM from aol.com and then debate me 1vs1.

He often evades debating me on this forum and makes up excuses about how it's too hard to debate on message boards and whatnot and he could do much better if we were face to face...Well live chat is the next best thing!

If he really is as intelligent as he claims then he shouldn't have a problem debating me 1vs1 in a chat where you must respond within a few seconds opposed to several days as on a message board.

Can you think on your feet and formulate arguments under the pressure and do it fast? Can you make counterpoints and refute arguments instantly? I doubt you can! But if you really believe you have anywhere near the amount of intelligence I do then take my challenge.

We will debate Christianity and the Bible of course and we'll see if you're all talk or not!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: OFFICIAL challenge to Mr. Intenseone...Debate me live!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »
So I'm challenging Mr. Intenseone to download AIM from aol.com and then debate me 1vs1.

You play online games Johnny?

Personally i don't see the point of debating live.  A message board is better like this because you have time to formulate a response.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 02:18:43 PM »
ummm guys...getbig has a friggin chat room....
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 03:37:33 PM »
Johnny why do you have such a hard on for proving religion wrong? 

I mean it seams you're obsessed with it. Did someone (religous) do something to you when you were young?

Its pretty much accepted as a matter of faith in the mist of evidence to the contrary. 

And so what if there are Bible literalist around.  Do you really think you'll change their thinking with your approach?  It doesn't look like it's working.  Proving them wrong is like shooting ducks in a barrell.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »
And this is the goober that wants to be a mod on the religious boards.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »
Johnny, why are you so angry all the time? Take a deep breath, step back and observe yourself.

Why should he debate you? Maybe you're both right? Ever thought of that?

The very fact that you're demanding a debate from him, is clearly indicative of the fact that you have no clue about the role that spirituality or "religion" as some choose to call it, plays in a person's individual life, ...do you? You don't know him, or where he is on his journey. We're all on a journey, ...some simply master different aspects of that journey at a different pace, or even in a different sequence than others. Maybe his religion is precisely what he needs. And maybe a lack of religion (at this time) is precisely what you need. You appear to me, to be already so imbalanced, that I doubt you would know what to do with spirituality if it bit you on the butt.

You talk about repressed sexuality leading to perversions, and I'll grant you, that much is true, ...but at the same time, a repressed spirituality leads to a perverse imbalance of it's own as well. It's a trinity of mind, body, AND spirit. You seem to respect the mind, perhaps maybe the body as well, but you've left out the spirit. Hopefully one day soon you'll find it, ...hopefully for your sake before someone gives you a real "Come to Jesus" meeting {lol}

You scream about bible literalists and religious bigots trying to convert everybody (and I can understand and relate to your anger about it) but you don't seem to realize how you are cut from the very same cloth as those you scream about. You're just the flip side of the coin. You are just as bigotted in the other direction, trying to force everyone to believe as you do, and as much of a literalist as those you scream about.

You even took the name of this forum literally. Maybe it should have been titled Religious "Discussion" rather than "debate". Maybe if it was, literalists like you wouldn't feel so compelled to attack others, or prove their beliefs wrong. Beliefs are neither right nor wrong, ...they simply are.

Whether IntenseOne has the ability to articulate it, let alone get it across to someone like you, ...or anyone else, doesn't mean his personal experiences are any less valid, ...or that he is wrong, ...just that he can't explain it. If I can't explain an engine, how it works or why it works, ...does it mean the engine doesn't work?

Really Johnny, you need to chill out. kick back, and read a good book. Try some Dale Carnegie.
w

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 09:19:06 PM »
I'd love to refute all of your arguments but this isn't a debate thread.

This is a thread for Intenseone to face me like a man or stop with his nonsense.

Intenseone commented that he'd be better able to debate me live and a message board is too hard for him so i'm making it easy for him and doing just that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »
I'd love to refute all of your arguments but this isn't a debate thread.

They are not arguments they are questions...

1.  Johnny why do you have such a hard on for proving religion wrong?

2.  Did someone (religious) do something to you when you were young?

3.  Do you really think you'll change their thinking with your approach?

This is a thread for Intenseone to face me like a man or stop with his nonsense.

Why do you feel you the need to call a person out like that using the phrase, "face me like a man"?  It insinuates immaturity or you take too seriously for what it is...  A forum.

Last question:

Are the above questions straight forward enough for you not to take them as arguments?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 10:22:05 PM »
In a recient thread I challenged Mr. Intenseone to debate me LIVE on AIM and he then said he didn't have AIM(AOL instant messenger). However we were informed that you can download AIM from the website of AOL.com for free so you can chat wih AOL users.

He often evades debating me on this forum and makes up excuses about how it's too hard to debate on message boards and whatnot and he could do much better if we were face to face...Well live chat is the next best thing!

If he really is as intelligent as he claims then he shouldn't have a problem debating me 1vs1 in a chat where you must respond within a few seconds opposed to several days as on a message board.

Can you think on your feet and formulate arguments under the pressure and do it fast? Can you make counterpoints and refute arguments instantly? I doubt you can! But if you really believe you have anywhere near the amount of intelligence I do then take my challenge.

We will debate Christianity and the Bible of course and we'll see if you're all talk or not!

Never claimed to be intellegent, I just know that my faith cannot be swayed. I won't debate you "Live" ( I don't have time, unlike you I work 12-14 hrs per day) but as I said I will go FACE TO FACE with our references right in front of us and as I said before, I will pay your way. You bring your "scientists" and I will bring a Biblical scholor as well as a  secular scientist (archeologist) but the bottom line....NOBODY WILL AGREE!
Bottom line on this......DO YOU have the intellengence to take my challenge?

See Johnny, to be underpressure and think fast only leaves us open for mistakes (as you have proven time and time again with 90% of your arguments and posts)!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 10:23:57 PM »

Intenseone commented that he'd be better able to debate me live and a message board is too hard for him so i'm making it easy for him and doing just that.

Dude, when I said live I meant face to face not computer to computer!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 10:29:05 PM »
What ever happened to good 'ole fist fighting..

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »
Never claimed to be intellegent, I just know that my faith cannot be swayed. I won't debate you "Live" ( I don't have time, unlike you I work 12-14 hrs per day) but as I said I will go FACE TO FACE with our references right in front of us and as I said before, I will pay your way. You bring your "scientists" and I will bring a Biblical scholor as well as a  secular scientist (archeologist) but the bottom line....NOBODY WILL AGREE!
Bottom line on this......DO YOU have the intellengence to take my challenge?

See Johnny, to be underpressure and think fast only leaves us open for mistakes (as you have proven time and time again with 90% of your arguments and posts)!!

You're choosing something that you know isn't possible for me to do.

I work too. I don't have time to take a day trip all of the way to california(I now live in Arizona). Not that it'd even be worth my time.

You would have the time to meet me for a long debate with numerous people that could last HOURS but you don't have time to download a program and chat with me for 30 minutes?
B.S.!

You're forgeting I AM a bible scholar. I have a degree in theological history.

You're avoiding debating me in a live chat because you know you don't stand a chance.

We could even make a chatroom where I debate anyone you choose.

In modern times computer communication is the most effective form of communication. Me traveling hundreds of miles to another state just to debate some Christian is completly absurd and out of the question.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
They are not arguments they are questions...

1.  Johnny why do you have such a hard on for proving religion wrong?

2.  Did someone (religious) do something to you when you were young?

3.  Do you really think you'll change their thinking with your approach?

Why do you feel you the need to call a person out like that using the phrase, "face me like a man"?  It insinuates immaturity or you take too seriously for what it is...  A forum.

Last question:

Are the above questions straight forward enough for you not to take them as arguments?

None of the questions are relevant to the thread and i've answered most in other threads already.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 10:35:10 PM »
You would have the time to meet me for a long debate with numerous people that could last HOURS but you don't have time to download a program and chat with me for 30 minutes?

Take a plane...  Pheonix to anywhere in cali will cost only $200 and if intenseone will pay why not do it on your day off.  You could leave on a 8 am flight and be back that evening.  Hell, if it's in Northern Cali I might even attend.  As a spectator or moderator if you all like :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 10:36:22 PM »

None of the questions are relevant to the thread and i've answered most in other threads already

With all due respect...  please refresh my memory.  Cut and paste if it's easier.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »
Take a plane...  Pheonix to anywhere in cali will cost only $200 and if intenseone will pay why not do it on your day off.  You could leave on a 8 am flight and be back that evening.  Hell, if it's in Northern Cali I might even attend.  As a spectator or moderator if you all like :)

I simply don't have the time to take a day off.

Here

http://www.aim.com/

It shouldn't take but a few minutes to download and install it.

Make a username.

Post it.

And in 5 minutes we'll be chatting live.

Must more reasonable than me taking a day off and flying to another state.

I'll be waiting for anyone who thinks they can debate me to do it.

You or Intenseone.

We can make an AOL private chat where anyone who has the link can join.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

B.S.!

You're forgeting I AM a bible scholar. I have a degree in theological history.

When things are slow (summer) I take vacations, I would be more than happy to schedule a couple of days off for this, it's going to take a hell of a lot longer than 30, 60, 90, etc, etc,etc to debate such complex subject. One other thing Johnny, just because you claim to have a Theological degree ( I want proof) does not mean your a scholar!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »
http://www.aim.com/

We can be chatting in less than a few minutes and we can postpone and continue our conversation at any time.

It's so easy to do and you're saying you don't have time yet have time to post responses in this thread....

Download the program and post your screen name and let's get it on.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »
I'll be waiting for anyone who thinks they can debate me to do it.

We could, but i agree with a lot of what you say about religion.  However, MR. Intenseone doesn't and he is challanging you
"face to face like a man"  ;)

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »
Face to face might get ugly.. Maybe AIM is a better idea..

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 10:53:53 PM »
We could, but i agree with a lot of what you say about religion.  However, MR. Intenseone doesn't and he is challanging you
"face to face like a man"  ;)

As i've stated "face to face" isn't possible for me but the next best thing is. And it's extremly easy to do.

Click link

Download program

Install program

Post screen name

Should only take a few minutes and then we'll be able to debate as long as he is able to. And then stop and recontinue another day at anytime.(Something not possible if I travel to california)

I'm waiting...But I doubt Mr.Intenseone will bite. He'd rather insist on the impossible because he's too scared to actually debate me.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 10:56:56 PM »
Should only take a few minutes and then we'll be able to debate as long as he is able to. And then stop and recontinue another day at anytime.(Something not possible if I travel to california)

What are you doing that keeps you so busy?  You are on this forum all the time.  why couldn't you take some time to prove your point even if it's under his terms?  Spend the night then.  I'll pay for your room at a Holiday Inn.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »
Don't be embarrassed about what you look like... You've already told us you're 110 pounds..

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 11:00:06 PM »
What are you doing that keeps you so busy?  You are on this forum all the time.  why couldn't you take some time to prove your point even if it's under his terms?  Spend the night then.  I'll pay for your room at a Holiday Inn.

I work with computers and process information. I am able to be on this forum becuase I spend atleast 8 hours a day working with computers.

I don't have permission or ability to take a day or two days off. Simply isn't possible for me to do. It's out of the question.

But downloading the program and debating me IS possible for him to do. It's extremly easy as well.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »
I've started a private chatroom on America Online and I'm waiting for Mr.Intenseone to post his screen-name so I can invite him to the room.

I won't keep it open for more long so download the program and post your screen-name Mr.Intenseone.