Author Topic: Phil and Skip  (Read 8429 times)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Phil and Skip
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »
i've always liked skip and his vids are great.

but, who's to say he's more dedicated then jay cutler or dorian. 

how do you know skip really diets for 6 months up to a show?  even if he does, is that a good thing?  not necessarily.

sure, he trains hard and sticks to his diet, but i dont think its anything above and beyond what jay and dorian, and most other top pro's do during their preps.

maybe skip is natrual or not (i dont think he is), but just bc he says he is and says he diets for 6 months, doesnt really mean anything. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

how do you know skip really diets for 6 months up to a show?  even if he does, is that a good thing?  not necessarily.

sure, he trains hard and sticks to his diet, but i dont think its anything above and beyond what jay and dorian, and most other top pro's do during their preps.

maybe skip is natrual or not (i dont think he is), but just bc he says he is and says he diets for 6 months, doesnt really mean anything. 

These arguments make no sense. Either everyone is equal in terms of dedication--or they aren't. Which one is it?

Secondly, Skip La Cour is NO WAY near the caliber or Dorian, Jay, Ronnie, or even Milos. He's a 5'11" 215 pound ripped bodybuilder. That's it.

Could it be he has extreme dedication and knowledge and only gets a very small fraction of what the most dedicated IFBB pros on drugs get?

It's funny how the argument is turning La Cour's extreme passion and dedication into a bad thing. Yeah, that's what Paul Dillet thinks too. You'd never hear Ronnie or Jay saying that.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 06:50:56 PM »
These arguments make no sense. Either everyone is equal in terms of dedication--or they aren't. Which one is it?

Secondly, Skip La Cour is NO WAY near the caliber or Dorian, Jay, Ronnie, or even Milos. He's a 5'11" 215 pound ripped bodybuilder. That's it.

Could it be he has extreme dedication and knowledge and only gets a very small fraction of what the most dedicated IFBB pros on drugs get?

It's funny how the argument is turning La Cour's extreme passion and dedication into a bad thing. Yeah, that's what Paul Dillet thinks too. You'd never hear Ronnie or Jay saying that.

You missed the point.  Everyone was commenting on Skip's conditioning not his size.  Skips as ripped as any top pro and even more ripped than some.  Ultra shredded glutes.   If he was also just as big there would be no room for doubt and he would loose any credibility as a natural bodybuilder if there is such a term.  There are drugs and doses that will make you harder and help you to retain some size but not the kind considered freakish.  I'm not saying he's taking test, GH, Clen or T3 but I also won't rule it out altogether and sum it all up as hard work and dedication since most of the top pros are just as or more dedicated and still don't attain that level of conditioning.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:59 PM »

Are you calling Skip a liar? ::) You wouldn't have the guts to say it to his face.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2006, 07:19:13 AM »
Why can't Skip La Cour be more disciplined and dedicated to what he does that Robby Robinson or Milos?

Someone has to be the "best" or "most" at what they do. Why can't it be La Cour?

You can give Robby or Milos more credit for their physiques, knowledge, experience, or genetics but that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the power of the mind. They are all merely men, aren't they?

If you want to debate the power of the mind, that's what you should be doing.

Obviuosly you give more credit to Milos than Dillet, don't you? Why can't La Cour have a stronger mind than Milos?

Is it because Milos is a pro bodybuilder? Well, so are Dillet and Wheeler.

Bill Gates isn't a pro bodybuider. I''m CERTAIN is 1,000 times more dedicated to being the best at what he does best than Robby or Milos are at what they do best.

Actually, Skip is an IFBB pro, too (at least, he would be, if he capitalized on his opportunity he got by winning the Team Universe). He can be and has been bigger, competing at 230 lbs. But, LaCour says he doesn't feel all that comfy at a heavier bodyweight and stated he will not competer heavier than 215 again.

You missed the point.  Everyone was commenting on Skip's conditioning not his size.  Skips as ripped as any top pro and even more ripped than some.  Ultra shredded glutes.   If he was also just as big there would be no room for doubt and he would loose any credibility as a natural bodybuilder if there is such a term.  There are drugs and doses that will make you harder and help you to retain some size but not the kind considered freakish.  I'm not saying he's taking test, GH, Clen or T3 but I also won't rule it out altogether and sum it all up as hard work and dedication since most of the top pros are just as or more dedicated and still don't attain that level of conditioning.

I don't see LaCour's getting that ripped as an impossibility without drugs. Keep in mind that a number of IFBB pros tend to look like suckling pigs in the off-season. Then, they try to shave off 50-60 lbs. of blubber in 3 months. LaCour doesn't go that route.