Author Topic: Ultimate "when I was younger" story  (Read 7366 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Ultimate "when I was younger" story
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »
how much you wanna bet...i could throw a football over them mountains?

groink, as soon as he said that, you should have got up and thrown him through a window, right in front of his son

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 11:45:17 AM »
hahahahha, fucking owned!

so what weight did you go up to after that warmup set?

57 plates a side

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 11:45:21 AM »
and he has a plate and a quarter on each side, which is too heavy for him but he doesn't listen.

throw 2 plates on top of his weight per side.

So you saying you military pressed 320 on your first set, no warmup. 6 45's and 2 25's if I read it right.

You must be a real beast, or a bad story teller.
D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »
So you saying you military pressed 320 on your first set, no warmup. 6 45's and 2 25's if I read it right.

You must be a real beast, or a bad story teller.

I did 2 warmup sets with his weight. I think that's what set him off,because he thought he could hang with me strength wise.

And it was a Hammer strength shoulder press,so it's not a real 320. I did go up to 4 plates for my last set though, which ain't bad.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
AHAHAHHAHA!!!  Classic pwning Groink!!  "Back in my day...." AHAHAAHAH!!   Family or not, tiny tits gotta be pwned!!!

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:39 PM »
GROINK you're going to experience a lot of things like that. Just go easy, you know how big and strong you are. No sense in rubbing someones nose in it , especially a relative.

A similar situation is when people say, " My _____ lifts weights too but he's bigger than you" You just know the kid goes about a buck eighty. Just smile and nod like you're at the in-laws.

BTW twenty years and a torn rotator cuff from now keep your " I used to bench four plates" comments to yourself.

That's actually good advice for me.

" Back in the day Jack Lalanne and I rode the trolley down to Muscle Beach and...don't walk away when I'm talking..you little ...... ;D ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 12:45:41 PM »

" Back in the day Jack Lalanne and I rode the trolley down to Muscle Beach and...don't walk away when I'm talking..you little ...... ;D ;D

'Course in those those days, you wore an onion on your belt; that was the fashion back then....

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »
"Groink" couldn't military press a French poodle hahahahaha weaker than a leukemia patient hahahahahaha oh brother hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »
he was trying to save face face in front of someone that thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Well, its his own damn fault for being a lazy weak ass!!! If his priorities were to something else like, working hard and investing to secure his sons future, then don't pull sht like that. Just be honest and accept the truth. No shame in that.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006, 10:25:32 PM »
There's a 60 year old guy in my gym who has a back better than most pros. I'm NOT kidding by any means. He is like 6'  220. His biceps are incredible too. Tris aren't as good and legs are kinda small because he's an old guy. Anyway this guy's back is ridiculous! It's so so so damned detailed. He wears those 80's shirts that have a really big hole for your head to go through so they show your upper chest and the sleeves go halfway down the forearms but are really wide, like a monk or something. and the shirt is kinda short so if you raise your arms your stomach shows slightly. i dont know what they're called. but honestly i'm not exagerating. His back is better than most pros and he's really ripped. and has that old guy muscle. every time i see him though he's lifting very light. he uses poundages that I use.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 07:44:24 AM »
he has a plate and a quarter on each side, He struggles for about 6 shaky reps.

Dumbell him upside the head next time, midset.

"When I'm older," you say, "bet I never bleed to death on a Hammer Strength machine."

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »
My wife's 52 year old uncle has been coming to the gym with me for the last few weeks. He's recently divorced and trying to get in shape, so I'm kind of training him. On this day his 14 year old son tags along, which aggravated me, but that's another story. So wer'e doing Hammer Strength shoulder presses and he has a plate and a quarter on each side, which is too heavy for him but he doesn't listen. He struggles for about 6 shaky reps. So I tell him to throw 2 plates on top of his weight per side. His son goes "holy shit, your'e fvcking strong!!!!" and I get under the weight. I can see the smoke coming out of his ears as I'm doing my set and I hear him say under his breath to his son  "when I was younger I could do that too."    WHAT A COCK!!!!!!!!!!   Keep in mind this douchebag is a 5'8" 170lb. tiny twat that looks like Cecil the turtle. So when I was done I said "you used to put up weight like that? That's funny because you didn't know what a Military press WAS until I showed you a month ago."

You did the right thing. The guy was lying and deserved to be called out on it. He asked for it by blatantly lying and hoping you wouldn't say anything. It was a gamble on his part and he lost.
The House that Ruth built

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »
You did the right thing. The guy was lying and deserved to be called out on it. He asked for it by blatantly lying and hoping you wouldn't say anything. It was a gamble on his part and he lost.

Well-reasoned.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 08:08:57 AM »

No It's worse than that. He didn't think I heard him. HaHa. Not to beat this to death, but I wouldn't have said dick and let him have his little lie if his tone wasn't so condescending. it was like "pffffft. that's nothing, I could do that when I was younger"  Fvck you motherfvcker. Now I am going to make a dick out of you right in front of your son.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »
Not to beat this to death

Hasty. Really think you should reconsider.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2006, 10:15:20 AM »
You did the right thing, Groink.  The sooner this kid learns what a tool his dad is maybe he will quit hanging out with him.  For the kids, man.  For the kids.