Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly - Dennis James - Replay now Available!  (Read 6107 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Dennis James on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly!

The voice of professional bodybuilding returns on Monday with special guest Dennis "The Menace" James.  In a rare conversation with one of bodybuilding's controversial superstars, Dennis will discuss several issues that have made headlines in recent years, including an inside look back at Saturday's New York Pro.  Join hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo (with a special report from Flex Magazine's Shawn Perine) as Team MuscleTech presents Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.  The worldwide broadcast airs live on Monday at 8pm est (5pm pst) at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly 05-22-06: Dennis James
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »
I challenge mr. DJ to do a full bodybuilding workout of the early 70s. If he survives he gets my admiration.
just push some weight!

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:31:06 PM »
Plenty of ground to cover on Monday's broadcast following the festivities in New York.  Dennis is anxious to grab the microphone!  Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is closing in on our 40th show....thanks for the incredible support you've all shown.  And a big congrats to those who are following the trend with their own radio show projects.  -- In addition to our new deal with MuscleTech, we have just renewed our agreement with Bodybuilding.com (Bodybuilding.com's press release to follow)

Radio Show Announces Renewal with Bodybuilding.com

For Immediate Release – Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the radio voice of professional bodybuilding, has announced the renewal of its relationship with Bodybuilding.com, the worlds number one most visited bodybuilding & fitness website.  Since its inception in June of 2005, “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly” has enjoyed a tremendous surge in popularity.  The show has featured many of the biggest names in the sport, including appearances by Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Flex Wheeler, Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson and a long list of industry insiders.  Hosted each week by Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo, the show recently added Team MuscleTech as the title sponsor.  Solomon, who also serves as the show’s executive producer, explains, “From day one, our objective has been to align ourselves with the best companies in the industry.  Bodybuilding.com shares our passion for the sport as well as our desire to provide fans with new and exciting ways to follow bodybuilding.”  Solomon continues, “The audience numbers and the feedback from listeners have been incredible.  There are currently plans in the works to take the production to an entirely new level.”  Over the past year, Bodybuilding.com has supported several projects that are enabling fans to follow the sport like never before.  For more information, visit www.Bodybuilding.com or www.ProBodybuildingWeekly.com

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:24:31 AM »
looking forward to it. I picked Dennis to win the New york pro, oh well...
Get Big, or Die Trying

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hey Bob and Dan...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
Good show tonight.  How about getting a representative of PDI on your show?

Tonight Bob and Perine both made comments about the PDI, and didn't have a representative of the PDI to present their side of things/refure your claims with evidence.  Perine said there were falsehoods in the PDI press releases, but wouldn't discuss them.  And there are PDI sponsors, which Wayne would tell you about, if he was allowed on.

That's how fair radio works- you let the listeners decide.

Also, how come the topic of the PDI isn't legitimate enough to have Wayne on to talk about it, but you can talk about it with every other guest?  If it was a non-topic, why discuss it with everyone EXCEPT the guy who founded it? 

No flaming, these are serious questions of you as broadcasting professionals

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Hey Bob and Dan...
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:40:51 PM »
Why am I not surprised you would bring up something with the PDI..... ::)
A

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Which representive do you think is good for the show, and don't say Wayne again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly - Dennis James - Replay now Available!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »
Which representive do you think is good for the show, and don't say Wayne again?

Good question.  Perhaps the promoter of the Orlando Pro or the NOC.

The PDI was brought up by Bob and Shawn Perine tonight.  It is clearly the elephant in the room.  Five top IFBB guys will be going, along with several lower tier guys and top NPC/NAABA champs.   It IS something to discuss.  It just needs to be a fair, two-sided discussion.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Deleted twice: Fair and serious question about radio show
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »

Tonight Bob and Perine both made comments about the PDI, and didn't have a representative of the PDI to present their side of things/refure your claims with evidence.  Perine said there were falsehoods in the PDI press releases, but wouldn't discuss them.  And there are PDI sponsors, which Wayne would tell you about, if he was allowed on.

That's how fair radio works- you let the listeners decide.

Also, how come the topic of the PDI isn't legitimate enough to have Wayne on to talk about it, but you can talk about it with every other guest?  If it was a non-topic, why discuss it with everyone EXCEPT the guy who founded it? 

No flaming, these are serious questions of you as broadcasting professionals

It's a commercial radio channel.

They are free to do whatever they want to. They're not journalists, so they don't have to follow the codes of journalism about impartiality and such.

Start your own radio channel. It's easy. You could use it to promote the 240 or Bust Florida Classic 2008 on PDIRadio.com.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
so, what has the radio show become..the IFBB weider infomercial?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 06:57:52 PM »
FLEX Radio.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 07:04:28 PM »
I think the idea of having someone from the PDI on the show is a very good one.

And if they don't. Someone else will.

Which means, people would go elsewhere to hear about it, something I doubt they'd like.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 07:05:06 PM »
The show is good - with top notch people on it. Wheras the only person interesting enough is Wayne DeMilia, that is not going to happen at the moment. If the NOC is successful, perhaps. As for the promoter of the NOC, that is Wayne. As for the promote of the Orlando Pro, that is Wayne and James. While it is relevant, Pro Bodybuilding Radio show chooses who they want, and right now they have a lot of people who are slated to come on.

As for Muscleradio.com, you could ask Larry the same question. Just email me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 07:07:37 PM »
The show is good - with top notch people on it. Wheras the only person interesting enough is Wayne DeMilia, that is not going to happen at the moment. If the NOC is successful, perhaps. As for the promoter of the NOC, that is Wayne. As for the promote of the Orlando Pro, that is Wayne and James. While it is relevant, Pro Bodybuilding Radio show chooses who they want, and right now they have a lot of people who are slated to come on.

As for Muscleradio.com, you could ask Larry the same question. Just email me.

I'm starting to understand that PBSWeekly is unwilling to have Wayne on.  However their reasoning for it is insulting to the fans. 

Saying they'll have Manion on for tough questions, then two months later, still no Manion.

Saying the PDI is irrelevant, so no need to have Wayne on- then taking shots at the PDI EVERY episode.

I guess this is the time that listeners start to realize they're not listening to a BBing show.  They're listening to a FLEX audio show. :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »
Also, I'd love to see how Mike Francois is a more important guest than the man who is giving $150,000 to pro bodybuilders this Sept-Oct.

Someone just answer that :)

Stavios

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »
Also, I'd love to see how Mike Francois is a more important guest than the man who is giving $150,000 to pro bodybuilders this Sept-Oct.

Someone just answer that :)

I'll reply by saying that Mike Francois is way cooler than the PDI

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 09:38:15 PM »
I'll reply by saying that Mike Francois is way cooler than the PDI

Yeah, he is a cool cat.  But I'm sure the people who live in NY and Orlando are curious bout the Bbing shows coming to their town this summer/fall.  And there are some guys who have never earned a penny in the IFBB.  What do they have to lose by dropping wayne a call?  How much has George Farah earned in the last 3 years on the BBing stage? Toney Freeman?  Jarov (sp?)

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 09:41:28 PM »
The only thing I hate when you talk about the PDI is that you make it sound like everybody is gonna be a winner.the guys who placed 15th at every show will still look bad if they switch to the PDI

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 09:47:35 PM »
The only thing I hate when you talk about the PDI is that you make it sound like everybody is gonna be a winner.the guys who placed 15th at every show will still look bad if they switch to the PDI

True.  But the top 4 won't involve gut-monsters with their spots locked in every show.  And the shows won't be nearly as boring.  They're planning some cool stuff.  I've talked to a few of the guys about their posing routine, and it's way cooler and less gay than a firemans mask and a poledancing rodney st cloud.

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
Maybe... Personnaly I hate the posing part of the show  :)
Well I don't hate it but it is boring. Even with the entertaining stuff, I would still find that boring to watch.
Normally when I go to a show, I only go to the prejuding and I ask later for the placings.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »
Plus, the judging was pretty good in the last 2 ifbb shows  ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 10:34:45 PM »
Whats funny is this radio show is nothing more than another way of the IFBB and Weider and AMI to attempt to control their stake in the BB industry.  Every single person who hears what is going on and witnessing how things are being censored and only certain people can come on and others are allowed to say what they want with no rebuttle is 100% censorship and that is why this PBBW show is a scam and farce and nothing more.  It's really that simple.  Why would Wayne ever do the show?  The show does nothing to promote bodybuilding, just what Weider, AMI and the IFBB wish to promote.  SO it's a waste of time especially since PDI will have it own REAL BODYBUILDING talk show that won't be controlled by any sponsor.  It's actually funny how this radio show wallows in such a small market yet think they are something huge and that they actually make a difference.  Take it is while you can cause it won't last forever.

And it really is funny how much the IFBB, AMi and Weiders are making sure PDI get as little publicity as possible yet PDI is being talked about everyday.  I was told this is exactly how it would pan out back in January.  And it has done exactly as I was told.  Remember no publicity is bad publicity.  So keep talking about PDI, then sit back and watch it grow.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 11:22:01 PM »
Whats funny is this radio show is nothing more than another way of the IFBB and Weider and AMI to attempt to control their stake in the BB industry.  Every single person who hears what is going on and witnessing how things are being censored and only certain people can come on and others are allowed to say what they want with no rebuttle is 100% censorship and that is why this PBBW show is a scam and farce and nothing more.  It's really that simple.  Why would Wayne ever do the show?  The show does nothing to promote bodybuilding, just what Weider, AMI and the IFBB wish to promote.  SO it's a waste of time especially since PDI will have it own REAL BODYBUILDING talk show that won't be controlled by any sponsor.  It's actually funny how this radio show wallows in such a small market yet think they are something huge and that they actually make a difference.  Take it is while you can cause it won't last forever.

And it really is funny how much the IFBB, AMi and Weiders are making sure PDI get as little publicity as possible yet PDI is being talked about everyday.  I was told this is exactly how it would pan out back in January.  And it has done exactly as I was told.  Remember no publicity is bad publicity.  So keep talking about PDI, then sit back and watch it grow.

Our show isn't controlled by anyone but Dan and myself. WE pick who WE want to interview, and who WE think would be good guests.

What censorship? Having Lee and Vince on is censoring? We had Titus/ Kelly on to tell the world of their "federation" plans, weve had Jon Romano on, etc. Give me a break....

If Wayne doesn't want to do the show anyway...what is the issue?

Why would Weider, AMI, or the IFBB promote the PDI? Does Ford push for people to buy Chevy cars?

once again, Keith...no one is wishing bad upon the PDI...were just waiting for something to actually take place...I don't think thats unreasonable.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 11:46:18 PM »
True.  But the top 4 won't involve gut-monsters with their spots locked in every show.  And the shows won't be nearly as boring.  They're planning some cool stuff.  I've talked to a few of the guys about their posing routine, and it's way cooler and less gay than a firemans mask and a poledancing rodney st cloud.

This Rhino guy is apparently a PDI "pro". And what about Palumbo?

It's almost funny that two guys who couldn't make it into the IFBB due to blocky physiques, will now be poster boys of the new symmetry sound PDI.

Lee Priest - that's a big name. Vince Taylor is a medium level, but a legend. And they could hope to get a lot of Europeans and Asians over.

But other than that... What's going on?

I think the PDI will serve to better the IFBB, make the IFBB get their shit together, most people involved in the PDI will lose, except Wayne, who'll probably get taken back into the IFBB again in some 12-18 months.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »

once again, Keith...no one is wishing bad upon the PDI...were just waiting for something to actually take place...I don't think thats unreasonable.

This is the only sentance I want to address.  What is the difference from Sean and his show and Wayne and his show.  I pointed out the differences and the NOC seems to be the more viable show between the two.  Yet Seans show got all kinds of promo on the radio show and on here.  At least the NOC and Wayne has been around and has a promoting background.  Sean had none.  And now he has one show under his belt.  Why does Seans shwo receive so much support from the radio show, and Getbig and it was a first time show too.  Explain that to me cause I don't see any even playing field or anything.  The PDI will do more for bodybuilding on a larger scale than the COlorado Pro.  Yet your radio show won't have any PDI pro on or Wayne.  People want t ask Wayne certains questions he just doesn't want to answer right now cause everything he has planned takes timing.  Why expose his plans so far ahead.  He has everything he wants to do on a timeline.  The one thing he didn't expect is people talking about the PDI everyday for this long.  Whether it's good or bad they are talking and that's allot better than no one talking.

And lets just say Wayne or no one goes on your show till after the NOC.  The NOC is huge and great show and success and allot of fun and BB's were paid and the show was packed with fans.  Then what.  Are you guys going to schedule him and the others then....... after the fact.  That's called "front running".  You are no where to be found when things are new or not going right, but when they are big and successful, you want to support them. 

If this radio show was really about BB and the industry and lettng fans know the latest news and upcomings, it would be talking nothing but praise about the NOC and the PDI.  Cause it looks worse that if it becomes successful and you didn't support it, than if you supportted it and it failed.  Howard Stern show is the biggest out there cause he took chances and did things no one else would think about.