Author Topic: Trying to lean up, and get big!  (Read 3985 times)

4thAD

Trying to lean up, and get big!
« on: May 21, 2006, 10:04:59 PM »
I am currently doing cardio 4 to 5 times a week(Max OT 16 min high intensity). I am also on an ECA stack.. I was wondering if I stay on the ECA stack and drop my cardio down to 2 times a week if I will still see sufficient progress in fat loss. The reason I'm asking is because I think the extra cardio is hindering my size gains. I'm going for size on a lean bulk! Diet is really good!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Trying to lean up, and get big!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:29:15 AM »
I am currently doing cardio 4 to 5 times a week(Max OT 16 min high intensity). I am also on an ECA stack.. I was wondering if I stay on the ECA stack and drop my cardio down to 2 times a week if I will still see sufficient progress in fat loss. The reason I'm asking is because I think the extra cardio is hindering my size gains. I'm going for size on a lean bulk! Diet is really good!
than stop the OT shit... moderate intensity for 45-60 minutes, 3-4 times per week is far more effective

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:31:17 AM »
Have you noticed any lacks in muscle size on your current 4-day a week program?

than stop the OT shit... moderate intensity for 45-60 minutes, 3-4 times per week is far more effective

Wouldn't want much more cardio than that, unless you're quite fat. I know almost zip about cardio, but I gather that the more cardio = the more chance of losing muscle aswell as fat, and you have to be careful there.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:03:09 AM »
I lift 5 days a week, I have not seen a lack of muscle size. Sometimes I just don't feel as strong, as I did before starting the MAX Cardio..Ive cut it down to 2 times a week. I just want to keep getting leaner slowly!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 11:01:16 AM »
I lift 5 days a week, I have not seen a lack of muscle size. Sometimes I just don't feel as strong, as I did before starting the MAX Cardio..Ive cut it down to 2 times a week. I just want to keep getting leaner slowly!

getting lean is 90% diet, 10% cardio

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:19 AM »
Right on! Im not having a prob leaning out I just need to drop down the cardio I believe! My size gains have really slowed since starting MAX OT cardio! Was just wondering if the ECA would still work well without so much cardio?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:35:08 PM »
I have been maintaining mass on an ec stack doing eliptical 3x's a week for 45 mins and have been losing fat excpetionally well while on a good diet......

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
I have been maintaining mass on an ec stack doing eliptical 3x's a week for 45 mins and have been losing fat excpetionally well while on a good diet......

it has been my experience that high intensity cardio is more likely to burn mass than moderate intensity/longer duration cardio

4thAD

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »
I believe you might be correct here WOOO!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:49:18 PM »
Fat burns at lower heart rates than intense rates. If you are doing too high intensity you will burn muscle as some energy as well as fat.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »
Fat burns at lower heart rates than intense rates. If you are doing too high intensity you will burn muscle as some energy as well as fat.
that's not really true... one way or the other... it's calories in VS calories out

the whole idea of "burning fat" VS "burning glycogen" is meaningless...

4thAD

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 08:20:01 AM »

The high intensity is only for 16 minutes... It really kicks up your metabolism... I think I am just doing cardio to often! The Idea is not to burn anything but glycogen during the work out. The higher metabolism will burn the fat later!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
The high intensity is only for 16 minutes... It really kicks up your metabolism... I think I am just doing cardio to often! The Idea is not to burn anything but glycogen during the work out. The higher metabolism will burn the fat later!
heavy weight training has a longer lasting effect on metabolism than cardio... although Max OT style is better in those terms than the long and slow alternative

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »
Props to WOOO.  Good advice, and spot on. 8)