Author Topic: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.  (Read 17300 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:19 PM »
Good show tonight.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
Re: Probodybuildingweekly and the PDI.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »
Yes, that is a VERY fair question....and I am more than willing to respond.  -- For starters, the scheduling of guests is a calculated process.  We try to offer up a rotation of guests that range from "flavor of the month" all the way to the more "iconic and historically significant".  The week to week increase in listenership would indicate that the formula is working.  

With regard to the PDI, we have chosen to ask nearly all of our guests to comment on what Wayne is doing (John Romano and Dorian Yates were very supportive, while others have expressed concerns).  Let's be reminded that we provided Vince Taylor with a large platform to announce his decision to "jump" to the PDI.  There is a LONG list of guests who we plan to welcome on the show.  

We are closing in on our 40th broadcast...and we are VERY aware of exactly "what" and "who" you're all waiting to hear from.  You'd also be surprised to know that our primary sponsors (MuscleTech, Bodybuilding.com, Flex Magazine) have all given us their blessing...without limits.  We realize that there are some of you who have an insatiable appetite for PDI developments.  We hear you loud and clear. --

Sorry if this response lacks the specifics that some of you desperatley need. Nevertheless, I'm glad to respond....and we appreciate the feedback.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
Dan, good response.  I appreciate your openness.

However, why does the issue of "wayne" get so much silence from everyone involved?  No one dares go near him- why is this?  He's dying to go on your show and be faced with the tough questions.

The man has $150,000 to give to bodybuilders this fall.  He is putting on shows for fans to attend.  He is selling tickets to the NOC.  Clearly, he's doing a little more to impact the sport than Mike Francois, a man who, while good in his day, hasn't competed in TEN YEARS.  Why is wayne off limits to you guys? He'll answer anything?  Why won't you accept him as a guest?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »
Judging by the tone of a lot of people when asked questions about Wayne, they are cowards.  Whether true or not, that is exactly how it comes across.

I've talked to wayne on the phone a lot- he is driven, he is focused, but he is a pretty nice guy.  I can't see why everyone is so scared of him.

Bottom line: The guys is STARTING A NEW BODYBUILDING FEDERATION and the DJs tell us it's not newsworthy lol.

Laughable.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »
People fear change.  Especially those who have financial stakes that may be affected by said change.

Think of it this way, I could come here and start selling $250 that were better than yours.  You wouldn't like that atall :)  You'd be standoffish about it too. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:48:43 PM »
People fear change.  Especially those who have financial stakes that may be affected by said change.

Think of it this way, I could come here and start selling $250 that were better than yours.  You wouldn't like that atall :)  You'd be standoffish about it too. 

Yeah, it would suck, I agree.  But I wouldn't say things like "rocket is going to be great for all of us- I can't wait to talk to him" then hide from you.  Or, "together, rocket and I can help the athletes" then start threads bashing you 24/7 and delete your responses.

Their phoniness is what bugs me most. They could just say "Wayne is a competitor. F**k him."  Instead, they act all nice, promise an interview, then deny him and bash him.  They aren't clear with their motives.  They deceive us.  That's what bothers me.   And I enjoy calling them out on it, so that they will be forced to take a position on it, and quit being phonies.  Or at least, people will see they are phonies.

I hope the PDI does well.  And I hope there is ANOTHER BBing federation the next year.  I hope a few pop up so that each of them is held to the standards brought about by competition.  There shouldn't be a 9-time Mr O with a gut and 80% of the guys in the sport being broke all day.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:02:27 PM »
Isn't this why PDIradio.com is starting, to give you and the rest of the PDI crew their own platform which to speak on?
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
Isn't this why PDIradio.com is starting, to give you and the rest of the PDI crew their own platform which to speak on?

PDIradio.com will be TOTALLY NEUTRAL.  Unlike PBBWeekly, we will accept questions on getbig and we will hit wayne with them with zero prep.  Brutally tough questions from the "peanut gallery", as was so eloquently put by an unwise man.  Any question asked will be answered, period.  No politics, ever, on this radio station.

And of course, IFBB representatives who are bashing now will be invited onto the show to make their arguments.  Will they show? Time will tell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »
Oh, and the athletes too.  Ask Rhino or Lee anything you want.  It'll get answered, or the radio host will play the 'chicken cluck' track.  Who knows, on-air meltdowns might ensue.  Above all, it'll be real.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

PDIradio.com will be TOTALLY NEUTRAL.  Unlike PBBWeekly, we will accept questions on getbig and we will hit wayne with them with zero prep.  Brutally tough questions from the "peanut gallery", as was so eloquently put by an unwise man.  Any question asked will be answered, period.  No politics, ever, on this radio station.

And of course, IFBB representatives who are bashing now will be invited onto the show to make their arguments.  Will they show? Time will tell.
To quote you... "Laughable."

"No politics, ever, on this radio station."  - Who are you kidding dude, there are politics in everything, don't pretend that that PDI and your radio will be any different.

I have a couple questions for you to get started...

Why did Lee and Vince decide to join Wayne's organization when they were the two most fined athletes in the IFBB, and these fines were handed down by Wayne? They complained about how they were fined, didn't get a fair shake and now they join the very individual who fined them.

Vince - Why did you lie to promoters and magazines to get your name out there when you had no intention in competing in the Colorado Pro at any point in time?

Vince - How can you complain about your placings and having the same judges late in your career; when you had no problem with those very judges awarding you top honors earlier on?

Elevate Your Image.™

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »
I can answer these easy.

To quote you... "Laughable."

"No politics, ever, on this radio station."  - Who are you kidding dude, there are politics in everything, don't pretend that that PDI and your radio will be any different.

I have a couple questions for you to get started...

Why did Lee and Vince decide to join Wayne's organization when they were the two most fined athletes in the IFBB, and these fines were handed down by Wayne? They complained about how they were fined, didn't get a fair shake and now they join the very individual who fined them.  Good question.  Wonder why anyone would do this, support the guy who fined them so much.  How dumb is that?  I don't know many people who would support the person who did this.  How about this answer, so far they are the ones who realized Wayne was doing what he was told to do by his boss.  Have you even thought about that.  Are you that dense in the head.  Wayne had a boss to answer too.  Do you not know this.  Have you ever done business with the Weiders.  They are 100% control freaks.  DO you honestly think Wayne did anything on his own without either first getting told to do it by the Weiders or asking them first.  Honestly are you that dumb and brainwashed by these asshole.  Unreal.  And to think many more IFBB and NPC guys are coming over.  Soon Heath and everyone else will easily place in the top ten in every IFBB event cause their won't be many more than 10 in eash show.  Think about that.  Wouldn't that be something. You need to realize that you are supporting a 3 legged horse.  And sooner or later it's going to fall and not get back up.

Vince - Why did you lie to promoters and magazines to get your name out there when you had no intention in competing in the Colorado Pro at any point in time?  From what we heard many guys (according to Sean and the Poster and you) were coming to the Colorado show, and backed out.  Could it be that it wasn't worth it to travel to do a small show for hardly any money except for 1st.  $1,000 didn't pay expenses for the weekend.  You guys wewre banking on Vince to come to the show since he was your big name.  Too bad uh, what comes around goes around.

Vince - How can you complain about your placings and having the same judges late in your career; when you had no problem with those very judges awarding you top honors earlier on?  Can't remark on this since I don't know the circumstance and either do you so you really shouldn't remark on things you have no idea about.  Unless you are Vince, he told you exactly what happened then you really don't know what you are talking about.  He obviously didn;t like the judging enough to go. That his right.  He is under NO obligation.

You'll have to come up with better questions that that, you'll never make it on the show.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »
I watch a LOT of msnbc and fox news.

LMAO! Fox News is your example of neutral/impartial journalism?  ::) ???

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 11:03:55 PM »
First and foremost almost everyone has become a pussy when questioned about the PDI.  Even Ron's interview which was so out of chracter I want to believe someone from the IFBB made the interview and paid Ron to post it.

Matt, don't like the interview. Too bad. I ask the questions I want. If I see Wayne at another show, I will ask him more tough questions. In fact, I will ask them to his face. I don't have a problem with that, and neither did Wayne answering the questions. People complain, but when I ask people to give me more questions, they all of a sudden don't email me the questions.

"But you have nothing! The PDI is nothing?"

And again, I say - show me what there is. Some press releases. An upcoming amatuer show, a pro show, some athletes that will compete. Again - if Wayne stops tomorrow, for whatever reason, there is nothing there. Don't like my reasoning - it is shared by many if you stop and think about it. NOW, when Wayne has is first show in Orlando, something is happening. When Wayne has the Night of Champions, then there is something.

You must think I am against the PDI??? Wrong - I am a bodybuilding fan and I want Getbig to be a place where all bodybuilding news is talked about. Hence, you see the PDI here on the boards. What I am against is malicious attacks on anyone, be it Wayne, the IFBB, the PDI, etc. That simple.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:05:58 PM »
Sorry Keith I forgot you know all, who needs a PDI Radio show when we have onlyme to provide all the answers.  ::)

Elevate Your Image.™

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 11:15:42 PM »

And again, I say - show me what there is. Some press releases. An upcoming amatuer show, a pro show, some athletes that will compete. Again - if Wayne stops tomorrow, for whatever reason, there is nothing there. Don't like my reasoning - it is shared by many if you stop and think about it. NOW, when Wayne has is first show in Orlando, something is happening. When Wayne has the Night of Champions, then there is something.

Wow, what is different from the NOC and Wayne and the Colorado Pro and Sean.  There was nothing there either yet you gave Shawn free reign of Getbig, placed multiple stickys everywhere and deleted many posts.  Yet Sean has never done a show.  He never even had the prize money in escrow, and competitors were dropping out like flyes.  The NOC has a long and pretigous history, Wayne has promoted more shows than anyone on the planet, he is liked by many more IFBB pros than dislike him, and he is willing to promote BB on a more equal playing field and allow competitors to make some good money.

You must think I am against the PDI??? Wrong - I am a bodybuilding fan and I want Getbig to be a place where all bodybuilding news is talked about. Hence, you see the PDI here on the boards. What I am against is malicious attacks on anyone, be it Wayne, the IFBB, the PDI, etc. That simple.

Ron, we all know you are being petted by AMI, IFBB and Manion.  You are given special treatment at shows and so forth as long as you keep Getbig as much a IFBB platform as possible.  It shows more and more on here and now the PBBW.  It is rather funny and amusing and I love it as do allot of others.  Come over to the PDI side Ron.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »
Matt, don't like the interview. Too bad. I ask the questions I want. If I see Wayne at another show, I will ask him more tough questions. In fact, I will ask them to his face. I don't have a problem with that, and neither did Wayne answering the questions. People complain, but when I ask people to give me more questions, they all of a sudden don't email me the questions.

1- I liked the interview BECAUSE it was tough.  After reading it, the only thing ppl could disagree with was Ron's interview style.  They had little or nothing to say about Wayne's logic.  If he had tried to BS people, you'd better believe 10,000 IFBB suckups would have said something.  But it was quiet.

2- I cashed a check today from a PDI account- it felt great and certainly made it more realistic for me... they cleared! :)  Seriously though, I an naturally critical of many business models.  I've tried to punch holes in Wayne's plans.  But it looks decent and possible.  Nothing is guaranteed- but this is possible.  And since the IFBB is political and pays crappy, ANY other joint in town is a good thing.

3- Getbig has been PDI-friendly.  And it's smart too.  The only kink is allowing the same people that ARGUE to have MODERATOR powers.  Any moderator who chooses to engage in an argument should lose delete powers on that board, period.  I don't think ANYONE disagrees with that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 11:29:18 PM »
The prize money WAS put up in advanced, and secured...thats a FACT.

The *IFBB* NOC had a long and prestigious history...the NYPro has a 2 year history...the PDI has NO history.

I wouldn't put any money on a percentage of pro's that like/dislike Wayne..you don't have any knowledge on thee subject...I do.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 11:32:29 PM »
I watch CNN and MSNBC too, so I can have the liberal spin also.  There is no libertarian news network, so i have to blend the others.

Why do you think CNN is liberal?

Here's a clue: who owns CNN?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »
Chick said: The *IFBB* NOC had a long and prestigious history...the NYPro has a 2 year history...the PDI has NO history. Bob, who cares? History = beaucracy.  Bad habits and owed favors.

Fresh blood keeps things fun and allows the industry to GROW.  The IFBB is stable, but it's not growing.  See: Olympia/Mandalay. PDI is growing.  it's new money and new blood in the sport.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »

The IFBB?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
The IFBB?

No.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
No.

they're better than MSNBC, but worse than FOX. 
I think it was the shot of anderson cooper doing shots with college kids at a bar during the NY Blackout.  Then he picked up the microphone and reported on the mood of things on the ground during this event.  Awesome.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »
Vince - Why did you lie to promoters and magazines to get your name out there when you had no intention in competing in the Colorado Pro at any point in time?

You shouldn't presume to know Vince's intentions.  There's every possibility that real life may have intervened. 

Whatever the reason(s) for him not competing, he missed a heck of a show...and I'm confident he would've been very competitive in the lineup if he'd been there. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 12:03:14 AM »
they're better than MSNBC, but worse than FOX. 
I think it was the shot of anderson cooper doing shots with college kids at a bar during the NY Blackout.  Then he picked up the microphone and reported on the mood of things on the ground during this event.  Awesome.

Interesting. But what gives you the idea that they are liberal?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 04:10:30 AM »

YIP
Zack